AC 110V power outlet

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Has anyone ever heard or wondered if Rivian will include a AC 110V power outlet? I think thats commonly offered in SUV's these days. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
In the truck bed and in the gear tunnel for sure. I think frunk may have the outlet as well.

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
In the truck bed and in the gear tunnel for sure. I think frunk may have the outlet as well.
I was thinking more from R1S perspective. I knew we have seen R1T trunk video with outlets but haven't seen R1S

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I was thinking more from R1S perspective. I knew we have seen R1T trunk video with outlets but haven't seen R1S
Yes, we have been told that the R1S will have both power and compressed air same as the R1T.

Reactions: Jay

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I hope that they have a 30amp 110V outlet on the R1S. That way I can plug my Camping trailer into it and run all of my appliances while boondocking.

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
I hope that they have a 30amp 110V outlet on the R1S. That way I can plug my Camping trailer into it and run all of my appliances while boondocking.
That would be nice, but I suspect the 120V plugs are the usual SUV 2A max. Would be nice if they offered a high power 120/240V option though.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
That would be nice, but I suspect the 120V plugs are the usual SUV 2A max. Would be nice if they offered a high power 120/240V option though.
Considering the induction cooktop in the camp slide out powered by the same source, these are likely to be full 15 or 20A circuits.

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Wonder when we might get additional details about the truck bed outlets? I can't seem to find anything on the website or in the configurator but maybe I'm missing it? I'd love to move away from propane for camping, but didn't feel like the built-in camp kitchen was compelling enough at the price point for me, especially since we already have basically everything we need except the induction top.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Wonder when we might get additional details about the truck bed outlets? I can't seem to find anything on the website or in the configurator but maybe I'm missing it? I'd love to move away from propane for camping, but didn't feel like the built-in camp kitchen was compelling enough at the price point for me, especially since we already have basically everything we need except the induction top.
Go to the support section and it's under Vehicle or Configuration, I can't remember and I'm not at a computer. It has the location of 110V and 12V. In the cab, gear tunnel and bed.

AdaminFlag

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2016 Ford Expedition
Clubs

We are planning on towing a camping trailer with the R1S, and I would love to be able to tap into the Rivian HV battery, so was very curious about this. Contacted customer service, and they let me know that there will be two 110V outlets in the R1S - one in the cargo area and one in the center console. They will both provide 15amps. I did add my 2 cents that they should also have an exterior outlet.

Sponsored

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
We are planning on towing a camping trailer with the R1S, and I would love to be able to tap into the Rivian HV battery, so was very curious about this. Contacted customer service, and they let me know that there will be two 110V outlets in the R1S - one in the cargo area and one in the center console. They will both provide 15amps. I did add my 2 cents that they should also have an exterior outlet.
Thanks for checking, there were rumors of 400 watt limit.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Has anyone ever heard or wondered if Rivian will include a AC 110V power outlet? I think thats commonly offered in SUV's these days. Any thoughts?
From the rivian website:
"What are the onboard outlets in the R1T?

The R1T includes a 110v outlet in the center console, gear tunnel and two in the truck bed. You can also find a 12v outlet in the front trunk and under the center display. "

Unfortunately it doesn't give amp ratings for the 120VAC outlets. I hope they aren't really 110v as they have listed.
Sponsored