First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'm not sure why they would be offering a "premium" trim when they really need a lower price of entry trim. Yes, they have the R2 and R3 but some people (me included) need the truck or larger SUV.
Hence the "Entry" trim package. I assume that will come without some features/capabilities maybe.

Then Adventure....the current offering.

And Premium...more stuff than current Adventure. Me personally....hoping they bring back Meridian or something equivalent or better.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Hence the "Entry" trim package. I assume that will come without some features/capabilities maybe.

Then Adventure....the current offering.

And Premium...more stuff than current Adventure. Me personally....hoping they bring back Meridian or something equivalent or better.
Right you are! I completely missed the "entry" listed in row 8. Please ignore me and carry on.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Removed for forgetting how to read a simple table.
They list the following as trim options:
Entry
Adventure
Premium

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

We may be seeing the end of quad motor.

I can't figure out what could be in the premium trim
I sure hope not, but the addition of tri motor certainly makes one think about this scenario.

They clearly have a lot of performance already with the dual motor, so the only other scenario that might be possible is increasing the output of the quad motor and positioning the tri-motor in between. However, and sadly, I think your scenario is probably more likely.

I'm glad to see them! Introducing more trim options. You have to wonder if the entry trim might omit more expensive components such as air suspension.

OP
OP

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
CarPlay is the only feature added for the Premium trim /s.

But seriously, a better sound system and massaging seats would be great.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I sure hope not, but the addition of tri motor certainly makes one think about this scenario.

They clearly have a lot of performance already with the dual motor, so the only other scenario that might be possible is increasing the output of the quad motor and positioning the tri-motor in between. However, and sadly, I think your scenario is probably more likely.

I'm glad to see them! Introducing more trim options. You have to wonder if the entry trim might omit more expensive components such as air suspension.
Me too! I hope they don't kill off the QM. From my perspective I love the torque vectoring without brake involvement.

Or maybe in the TM they will use wet clutches to vector torque with ability to 100% lock or 100% open to really make a superior off road system as well as on road.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

My speculation:

tri-motor enduro replaces quad motor with equivalent or higher HP.

Entry level trim is somewhat comparable to the old Explore trim with some changes throughout.

Premium trim is somewhat comparable to today’s adventure trim, but simplified for cost while keeping the same general feel. For example, I recall RJ mentioning that the door assembly was too complicated and had room for simplification.

Look to the R2 interior for design cues.

Prices for the entry-level trim go down. Possibly significantly. Prices for the premium versions go up. Possibly significantly.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
What time of year did they start selling model year 2023 and 2024?
I'm wondering when they might start selling these 2025 models. Maybe 4Q 2024? Right after the discount coupons expire?
Sponsored