Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Update per @cohall

Rivian Customer Service confirmed the trial is 1 year beginning at day of delivery.

https://rivian.com/legal/membership

We’re excited to introduce Rivian Membership as a way for owners to engage with us and with each other, to encourage appreciation and protection of the natural world and share values and experiences. Benefits like complimentary charging, off-Roadside Assistance, member gatherings and more will help bring you closer to nature and to others with similar values.
And this is just the beginning. As our program grows, we’ll continue adding benefits. Learn more about Rivian Membership on our website.
—Team Rivian

Rivian R1T R1S Official: RIVIAN MEMBERSHIP Announced [1 year free trial beginning at day of delivery] 1631812998228
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Email just came out.

We’re excited to introduce Rivian Membership as a way for owners to engage with us and with each other, to encourage appreciation and protection of the natural world and share values and experiences. Benefits like complimentary charging, off-Roadside Assistance, member gatherings and more will help bring you closer to nature and to others with similar values.

And this is just the beginning. As our program grows, we’ll continue adding benefits. Learn more about Rivian Membership on our website.

—Team Rivian

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Edited due to reposting....

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Says Complimentary during "extended trial period" of new vehicle ownership but a paid subscription service afterward. Cannot find right-off published fee rates.

... the more I read the more you can tell the blood-suckin lawyers have infested Rivian (understandably)

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
i think it's funny that i mentioned that tank turn and other enhancements could be purchased later if users wanted and that would/ should decrease overall vehicle price, and other posters here commented that rivian would never do that, because they hate how tesla did the very same thing or something like that

well... looks like my spidey sense was right

As our membership grows, we’ll continue adding benefits, including drive modes, enhanced vehicle capabilities

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
This is also a bit concerning.
we’ll continue adding benefits, including drive modes, enhanced vehicle capabilities, in-cabin content
Sounds like our $80k trucks may only get partial functionality, unless you pay even more in perpetuity. Literally HATE that kind of business model on vehicles.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I agree they were really lacking some information, including on how you sign up for membership and what it costs (if it's free, they should say so).

If it is free, that's pretty incredible with the free charging and road-side assistance, but surely there will be some sort of charge for those things?

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
here's another scary thought.... say i pay xxx dollars for tank turn under "freemium" use time, then i decide i don't want to pay for "membership"... does my tank turn get taken away?

i bet it does

OP
OP
lg3103

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Why do people always need to complain the second new information comes out. I love what Rivian is doing, offering 100% renewable energy offset for charging your vehicle if at home or on the road is great and will allow all of us to make our footprint even more sustainable. Adventure extraction, events, etc. I am getting more and more excited about being part of the Rivian community seeing how thoughtful the company is and how leadership thinks beyond just sales and value creation for themselves. GO RIVIAN keep up the great work!!!
Sponsored