dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Similar to Tesla and others with paid subscriptions after a trial period. Time to speculate on cost. I say $395/year.
Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Just FYI, CS confirmed the trial is 1 year beginning at day of delivery.
Land Rover did that to me with my Defender. We give you a taste for a bit but when it runs out we're going to take the hose to you...SPRAY>>>>

Last edited:

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
Thanks to the site mod for clarifying that it is a one year free trial. To me that seems like a really nice perk. I wasn't expecting free charging or some of the other things they outline. Like everyone else, I'm curious what the eventual charges will be, but commend Rivian on providing the membership advantages for free during the first year of ownership.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

It's like a free game app that has a million ads and requires payment for extra perks....
If the nav screen starts rolling Amazon ads every 2 minutes or so while driving if I don't subscribe I'm not going to be happy

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I swear I looked before posting but yeah it looks like a ton of us posted almost at the exact same time.
I counted 4 up. You guys are keeping Administrator busy!

One interesting community feature would be like an SOS that goes out to the rivian members, incase someone is close that could help out faster than a rivian team.

Send up the bat signal! Just make it the rivian logo instead.

obababoy

First Name
Chilbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 LR Discovery, 2011 WRX/STI, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

Wireless Hotspot
You acknowledge and agree that your access to or use of the in-vehicle wireless hotspot capabilities of a Rivian vehicle as part of any Rivian Beta Product is subject to AT&T’s Wi-Fi Terms & Conditions at www.att.com/USTermsandconditions and Privacy Policy at www.att.com/privacy. You also are aware that AT&T’s network management practices are available at www.att.com/broadbandinfo.

Roadside Assistance
The Rivian Beta Products may also include certain roadside assistance benefits for your Rivian vehicle that are not part of the roadside assistance benefits available to you as a purchaser of a Rivian vehicle. Any Rivian Beta Products for roadside vehicle and/or emergency services are provided through third parties and are subject to the Rivian Roadside Assistance Terms.

Pricing
Certain of the Rivian Beta Products may be presented to you as “free,” “no cost,” “complimentary,” or other similar descriptions. Use of such terms is intended to indicate that no charge will be made to the Payment Method (as defined in the Payment Terms) you have on file in the Rivian Wallet (as defined in the Payment Terms). Account histories you may have related to such Rivian Beta Products may show that charges have accrued to your account with a discount applied so that no charge would result to your Payment Method(s). For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that no charge is made to your payment method(s) does not relieve you of (1) your obligations to conform to the various terms and conditions that are applicable to the Rivian Beta Products or (2) any liabilities that you may have based on your misuse of, damage to, or destruction of a Rivian product or service.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Very exciting. To me, this membership sounds similar to what NIO is doing in China. They have their NIO Power service to charge vehicles anywhere, and their NIO House that acts like an exclusive club for owners and their families. Rivian's version sounds more outdoor and adventure related than coffee shops and libraries though.

Very interested to see how this develops. Rivian looks to have more ambition than "just an electric vehicle" company.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Some of the perks (e.g. battery, roadside, etc.) are things I would have expected to be part of Rivian's insurance offering.

I was expecting some recurring Rivian charges for insurance, regular service, cellular, RAN, etc. so if this is just Rivian's way of packaging everything under one umbrella then I'm into it (or at least in the case of insurance I'd hope for a discounted bundling). What I'm not into is Rivian inventing ways to send me bills for the rest of my life, so hopefully this isn't that.

The one part I don't really like is locking features behind membership, especially at this stage. Everyone into Rivian now is an early adopter giving Rivian the benefit of the doubt that they'll deliver features and capabilities that they've promised and are expected to have. To sell me a car today on the premise that dog mode, tank turn, sentry mode, longer range, etc. are coming just to bill me for them as they come would be obnoxious and turn me away from the Rivian brand in future.

Sponsored

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I expected there'd be a monthly/yearly fee for wireless service, but if it includes charging too that's a pretty sweet deal

obababoy

First Name
Chilbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 LR Discovery, 2011 WRX/STI, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

Similar to Tesla and others with paid subscriptions after a trial period. Time to speculate on cost. I say $395/year.
Teslas costs $10 a month. I can't imagine this being much more than that. I guess since charging is rolled in, maybe that bumps the cost over teslas, but then again, Their OTA updates are free.

Reactions: Rad

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I expected there'd be a monthly/yearly fee for wireless service, but if it includes charging too that's a pretty sweet deal
Hard to know how sweet a deal it is having no idea what the price is. Could be a good deal, could be a horrendous deal.

Sidenote: Now at least it's confirmed ATT 4G as the service provider. I don't think I knew that before.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Overall very excited about this but for someone who is not expecting to travel too much and utilize RAN I hope the monthly fee isn’t prohibitively expensive. Would prefer tiers that so I can opt out of the unlimited charging.
Sponsored