Sponsored

2023 R1T Launch Edition timeline to delivery?

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’m a 2021 Res holder. I had been going back and forth between S and T and a couple days ago decided to go with T. Got a quick invite to the shop and picked up a 23 Launch edition.
I had an adventure on order. I didn’t think they were still making the LE.
any idea on timeline to delivery? SLC service center
Sponsored

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
LE? Does it have a tonneau?

When I got invited to the R1 shop back in Dec, my vehicle was ready for me in a couple weeks here in Portland, OR. Times are a bit different now, don’t know your proximity to a service center… that could make a difference.

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
LE? Does it have a tonneau?

When I got invited to the R1 shop back in Dec, my vehicle was ready for me in a couple weeks here in Portland, OR. Times are a bit different now, don’t know your proximity to a service center… that could make a difference.
No tonneau cover but it is LE.
mim about 3.5 hours from a service center. Hope it’s soon!! I’m pretty stoked to get it.
now need to figure out what to do with my F150

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
mim about 3.5 hours from a service center. Hope it’s soon!! I’m pretty stoked to get it.
Just saw your signature, my original preorder date was about seven days earlier than yours. ;)

When I chose my build in the R1 store, the truck was already en route before I finished all the steps! I actually had to delay my delivery as I was on vacation, it came too quickly!

Now that it’s been just over five months since I took delivery… would I do it again? Oh yeah, for sure. I don’t miss my Tundra in the slightest… :)

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Hopefully when Boise gets done you’ll be a bit closer to service!

Sponsored

valkyrie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2014 Land Rover LR4, 2018 Tesla 3
Occupation
Engineer
Seems like the wrong year for LE 🤔

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Theyre still making some LE, but there have been some 2022 show up as well. Might want to check your vin just toee which it is.

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Sell to Carvana after checking offers on other sites. They gave $1500 to $2000 higher offer than everyone else I tried. I was really surprised how easy it was. Once you agree to a price online, actual transaction took 10 minutes. Rivian offered the least.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
+1 in similar boat following through on my second 2021 pre-order, which was still open for a max pack. I came across an R1 Shop Launch Edition that I really liked more than my current R1T and pulled the trigger. Launch Green with Ocean Coast, 20” ATs, and the RUS. 👍🏼

I’m super curious what a May 2023 “Launch Edition” means, including if it will have the frunk and under-dash 12v plugs, which I currently use.

I’ll follow this thread and compare notes with you as I know more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hyfly

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
+1 in similar boat following through on my second 2021 pre-order, which was still open for a max pack. I came across an R1 Shop Launch Edition that I really liked more than my current R1T and pulled the trigger. Launch Green with Ocean Coast, 20” ATs, and the RUS. 👍🏼

I’m super curious what a May 2023 “Launch Edition” means, including if it will have the frunk and under-dash 12v plugs, which I currently use.

I’ll follow this thread and compare notes with you as I know more.
What are some special ‘launch edition’ features I should look out for?

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
What are some special ‘launch edition’ features I should look out for?
See thread below, but for *current* LEs in the R1 Shop, I’m expecting LE to mean some special small badges and the big things are the free Launch Green paint option (which I wanted) and the free wheel/tire upgrade (which I have now and like).

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/value-launch-edition-vs-adventure-package.5319/

What’s unclear is if we’ll get the frunk 12v, under-dash 12v, Meridian sound, wristband (doubt it), etc. Unless there’s some reason these were unsold from a while ago, I’m not expecting any of the above.

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
My Launch Green with Forest Edge interior is an April 2023 built per driver door sticker.

As far as built quality goes, I would say this is definitely a superior craftsmanship, comparing to our Teslas.

The stereo is the Rivian brand, and it comes with a green wristband, along with two key cards and a carabiner key.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
My Launch Green with Forest Edge interior is an April 2023 built per driver door sticker.

As far as built quality goes, I would say this is definitely a superior craftsmanship, comparing to our Teslas.

The stereo is the Rivian brand, and it comes with a green wristband, along with two key cards and a carabiner key.
Excellent intel and glad to hear about the wristband? What about 12v plugs?

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
I believe all Launch Edition comes with wristband, but definitely check with your guide or asking this question during delivery if yours doesn't come with one. Mine has one and I took delivery recently. The vehicle has 110V plugs and USB-C plugs in different places. I don't see a 12V there.
Sponsored