Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

That feeling when you wake up and see that your Rivian has an update….priceless :)
Now just gotta drive to work then download.
Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Installed last night.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
That feeling when you wake up and see that your Rivian has an update….priceless :)
Now just gotta drive to work then download.
If its telling you that there is an update, it's already downloaded.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Truck says minimum of 512, maximum of 2TB. I had a 128 and it didn't work.
I didn't notice what my truck said when I installed it, but the notes clearly say 128GB and my 256GB works great.

OP
OP
Gavinmcc

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Maybe there will be an update to “fix” that?

Sponsored

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

Updated last night, and had the drive reformatted as part of the process to enable the Motion Cam. I'll be interested to try and mount the drive on my Mac or PC to view the videos after I get a few on there.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I didn't notice what my truck said when I installed it, but the notes clearly say 128GB and my 256GB works great.
Yeah I don't remember what the truck said either but I had an old 500 GB SSD and it worked fine. So maybe 512 is a suggestion?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Got the update notification last night, but my truck is at the PPF shop now, so I had to resist the urge to install. I'm sure everything would have been fine, but I didn't want to have any issues when the truck isn't in my possession.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Did the usual kid school round trip this morning after having applied the update.

DriveCam Observations:
It breaks each video into 15 minutes.
Each 15 minute video is 1.13GB according to my Mac (for all but the Gear Guard camera on the truck, which is 788MB)
My 41:15 recording time trip today resulted in 14.55GB in the DriveCam Folder for it.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
LOVE the charging slider update in 1% increments. A bit annoyed why the needed to move the trip info deeper into the system. Glad to see my Car Wash Mode is back again.

The 128Gb drive I had previously used in my Model Y worked perfectly in my R1T. It "connected", then "formatted" then performed "speed test" then I got the "you're ready to roll" message once the three steps completed. If your 129Gb drive didn't work, it's something other than the size that made it fail.

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

using a 256 micro sd drive right now. Debating if better off with a 1 or 2 tb drive.

Gman

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Open Ocean Swimmer
No big deal waking it up from shipping mode... manually unlock using the fob or key card... press on brake pedal... go in to "settings" (the gear icon) then vehicle/service then press the "shipping mode" radio button to bring it out of shipping mode. About 20 second procedure in all.
Yes you can drive in shipping mode, I only did that for a mile or two so I can't really tell you what was missing vs.. regular mode.

Don't know your shipping arrangement, but if it's going to sit in a container for days/weeks before going on the ship consider disconnecting the two 12v batts as that will literally stop vampire drain 99% as was noted by one of the members who shipped his Rivian to Germany. Once the vehicle arrives in Hawaii simply connect the two 12 volt batts at the same time and the vehicle will boot up as normal.
My SIL just shipped R1S to HNL on Matson out of Oakland. 12 V batteries died 2nd day after arrival- 10 day shipping. Rivian dispatched service rep to his home for install of new 12 v batteries. My R1T goes on Matson 5-7 to Kauai. Arrival 5-22. Couple of issues:
1. I did put in Transport mode.
2. I was not aware of disconnecting the 2 12 volt batteries. Hmmmm
3. The Rivian 12 v batteries are the old fashion lead acid type. OHMMU makes 12V lithium(LiFePO4) batteries. My SIL is upgrading to Lithium. Go to YouTube and watch replacement video. Simple replacement. The 12V battery has been an issue forever-especially in cold weather climates. Don’t understand why
Rivian hasn’t fixed this. YYI- try finding a tow truck that can lift a 8500 lb R1S. Not easy in HNL let alone Mayberry USA.
4. Matson changed policy 30 days ago regarding EV shipping to HI. Only allow battery charge of 45-65% upon arrival at dock. No exceptions. Go figure that one out? Not a weight issue.
I am cautiously and anxiously awaiting arrival of RIT, but won’t be surprised if an issue arises. I get it- FWP living in HI but some stuff doesn’t make sense.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
My SIL just shipped R1S to HNL on Matson out of Oakland. 12 V batteries died 2nd day after arrival- 10 day shipping. Rivian dispatched service rep to his home for install of new 12 v batteries. My R1T goes on Matson 5-7 to Kauai. Arrival 5-22. Couple of issues:
1. I did put in Transport mode.
2. I was not aware of disconnecting the 2 12 volt batteries. Hmmmm
3. The Rivian 12 v batteries are the old fashion lead acid type. OHMMU makes 12V lithium(LiFePO4) batteries. My SIL is upgrading to Lithium. Go to YouTube and watch replacement video. Simple replacement. The 12V battery has been an issue forever-especially in cold weather climates. Don’t understand why
Rivian hasn’t fixed this. YYI- try finding a tow truck that can lift a 8500 lb R1S. Not easy in HNL let alone Mayberry USA.
4. Matson changed policy 30 days ago regarding EV shipping to HI. Only allow battery charge of 45-65% upon arrival at dock. No exceptions. Go figure that one out? Not a weight issue.
I am cautiously and anxiously awaiting arrival of RIT, but won’t be surprised if an issue arises. I get it- FWP living in HI but some stuff doesn’t make sense.
10 days end-to-end shipping is nothing, I have let my R1T sit longer than that without charging. In "shipping mode" it should have lost only about 6kWh of energy which is nothing from a 135kWh battery.
Weird that the 12V batts went dead, but I agree the current lead/acid ones suck! I would also switch over to a Li based solution if mine went bad. Tesla has had very good results with their Li 12V batts, and in your location cold weather is certainly not a concern 😁

Please let us know how it works out once your R1S arrivies in beautiful Hawaii....

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Can you point out where it says 512GB? I'm using 256GB and it works fine.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Can you point out where it says 512GB? I'm using 256GB and it works fine.
When I tried to format it from within the truck, it gave me an error message saying I needed 512 or above, but not more than 2TB. My 128gb card worked prior to the most recent update.

EDIT: Correction. My drive was only 32gb. Based on several others posting, appears 128gb is the minimum capacity needed for it to work. I apologize for any confusion. I think I set 512gb as my minimum and had that in my head, meaning when purchasing a new one, I wanted it to have some margin so shopped for drives with 512gb and above. Ended up with a 1TB drive. Will be here today, so will test it out tonight.
Sponsored

Last edited: