Sponsored

2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE!

OP
OP
Jedimaster109

Jedimaster109

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T & 2021 Tesla Model Y
Another awesome feature is unlocked in the new app version 1.9.0
Turn on your heated seats and steering wheel.
Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! 3E6631D6-714F-4039-8777-E0AEBAC3B8CD
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jedimaster109

Jedimaster109

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T & 2021 Tesla Model Y

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I downloaded the latest software update this afternoon.

We also own a Tesla and I am still amazed with over the air update technology. We drive rolling computers on wheelsšŸ˜

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
While it also got a lot colder (8deg) snow mode feels much more stable and less squirrley. Now it's confidence inspiring whereas before it was butt clenching. Wish I had driven it just before the update to really compare, maybe the snow is grippier today.

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Just felt less "squirrely" -- more confidence inspiring. Didn't have to be so ready to feather the accelerator pedal to prevent regen from locking wheels.
What regen level do you have it set on when in snow mode?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Are there any tricks to getting the truck to update?
I do not have an R1 yet but in my Tesla if I drove by a service center and connected to their WiFi it would push the update.

Curious if anyone with a Rivian lives near a service center and tried that. Would be interested in knowing if it works.

I have not tried with my Tesla in a few years so not sure if it still works for the Tesla or not.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
I do not have an R1 yet but in my Tesla if I drove by a service center and connected to their WiFi it would push the update.

Curious if anyone with a Rivian lives near a service center and tried that. Would be interested in knowing if it works.

I have not tried with my Tesla in a few years so not sure if it still works for the Tesla or not.
If the update doesn't come through by then, will actually try doing this tomorrow. I'm close enough and crazy enough. My guess otherwise is that it is organized by VIN?

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
You'll know if your car is ready for the pushed update when you receive an app message on your phone; you can start the OTA update from your phone too.

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
You'll know if your car is ready for the pushed update when you receive an app message on your phone; you can start the OTA update from your phone too.
I didnā€™t get an app message, but when I opened the app, the update message was there. Updating now.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t

My truck has been sitting in a service center for the last week, and has not received the update yet. The loaner truck they gave me with the shitty 21ā€ tires (manufacturer plates and all) has not received it either, and our first big snowstorm of the year rolls in tonight. Oh, and all of my winter emergency gear is in my truck and they canā€™t get it out because itā€™s up on a lift. Iā€™m a bit salty (which the roads sadly are not).

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

We all know snow mode, but I love some of the other improvements as much. They will be useful all year.

New song queues are awesome, one issue is there isnā€™t a notification that when you hit the ā€œ+ā€ button that it actually added it. So you hit it 3 times. Then you find out itā€™s added 3 times.

Also, I visit job sites all over our metro area. I have to get the address while I am in my office. So now I can put it in my phone and ā€œshareā€ it to the rivian. This is awesome and works very well. Also, side note for those that like helpful tips on existing features. Maps: tap twice to zoom in, tap with 2 fingers to zoom out.

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! image

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! image

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE! 1163049C-B50A-4578-AC00-61E06D1BEF1C

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sharing the destination from your phone to the vehicle is magical - I use it in my Tesla all the time, this is a huge feature to have!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My truck has been sitting in a service center for the last week, and has not received the update yet. The loaner truck they gave me with the shitty 21ā€ tires (manufacturer plates and all) has not received it either, and our first big snowstorm of the year rolls in tonight. Oh, and all of my winter emergency gear is in my truck and they canā€™t get it out because itā€™s up on a lift. Iā€™m a bit salty (which the roads sadly are not).
So sounds like it might not be a cheat, bummer.
Sponsored