2022.35 OTA software update rumors?

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Rivian has been delivering OTA updates every 4 weeks consistently all spring/summer pointing to a 4-week sprint development cycle. That should put the next one at 2022.35 (year.week number) with the updates being rolled out pretty reliably 3 weeks after the week # in the build name. That should have the 2022.35 release dropping imminently. Anyone have any rumours or speculation here?
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

For all things in the pipeline, this is the best place to find them. One of Rivian's lead software engineers has a Reddit account where he takes feedback on issues, as well as offers insight into upcoming releases.

https://www.reddit.com/user/WassymRivian

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I'm sure this would be way down the list, but it would be awesome if when in a phone call the truck would change the audio settings to the phone presets and then when done back to whatever you had it at. Maybe even allow you to set a default volume for phone calls and then revert to previous as well

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
Dashcam functionality. They said they were working on that and it was slated for the fall, right?

And let me choose between the truck bed camera and tailgate camera for looking backwards. Sucks having a camera there but not way to use it to check on the load of stuff I have in the bed.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

#1 Please oh please let me disable the butt-off-seat stop the truck rule.
Use both your feet to drive when you are reversing. Resting on the brake pedal stops the auto-park nanny.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I'd really be so happy if they fixed the key situation to work like regular car manufacturers. It is so unreliable. Last night I had to leave for an emergency and the truck kept wanting to present a key. I had to open my phone and mess with app to get it to recognize.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I'd really be so happy if they fixed the key situation to work like regular car manufacturers. It is so unreliable. Last night I had to leave for an emergency and the truck kept wanting to present a key. I had to open my phone and mess with app to get it to recognize.
How is the fob unlike every other manufacturer right now? Honestly curious. I don't use it much because the phone has worked perfectly for me, but I can understand not loving the PaaK option. The reason I don't use the fob is both because I don't like one more thing in my pocket and because after 4 years of a Tesla, I'd never remember to manually lock the truck when walking away from it

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
How is the fob unlike every other manufacturer right now?
From my understanding the fob does not offer a proximity-based unlock even though the hardware apparently exists on it. That's pretty key (hah) for me because that's how I use my current fob. It's always in my pocket but I don't have to remove it or press anything on it to get in to my Lexus. I just walk up to the vehicle, there's a little touch sensor on the handle, and as long as the vehicle senses the fob nearby when I touch it the vehicle unlocks.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Dashcam functionality.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

From my understanding the fob does not offer a proximity-based unlock even though the hardware apparently exists on it. That's pretty key (hah) for me because that's how I use my current fob. It's always in my pocket but I don't have to remove it or press anything on it to get in to my Lexus. I just walk up to the vehicle, there's a little touch sensor on the handle, and as long as the vehicle senses the fob nearby when I touch it the vehicle unlocks.
Proximity unlocking with the fob is coming.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
That’s not proximity unlocking, it’s touch. Kinda different. I know what you’re saying, though, I liked that feature on my old IS350.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That’s not proximity unlocking, it’s touch. Kinda different. I know what you’re saying, though, I liked that feature on my old IS350.
Honda/Acura have proximity locking with their fobs. Just walk away and it locks.

I don't know if Rivian has a sensor in their door handles, or not. I hope they do. I'd love it if they could enable unlocking by pushing on the handle when fob is present, rather than auto-presenting every time the phone goes in/out of range.

I feel like the last OTA update made proximity key worse. Now I hear the truck constantly (un)locking when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV. I'm not moving. My phone isn't moving. But the truck is locking and unlocking.
Sponsored