First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Director Quality Engineering
would love for ability to add my garage... i know it's not fancy but should be able to add the basics.

how about when i tuck the mirrors manually, can they stay they stay that way until i re-open them?
Sponsored

Last edited:

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Would be nice to have an “inside voice” level for navigation. “Softer” is still too loud for me.

(plus, ahem, unlike CarPlay, ahem, the nav can’t pause audio book playback from Bluetooth phones. It’s annoying)

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
When backing up with a trailer (boat in my case), I need to look backwards. This causes my weight to shift off the seat and the vehicle automatically stops. Easily the most frustrating “feature” of the truck for me.
Agreed!
All the "safety" features need a button on the touchscreen "understood, disable" to return control of the vehicle from the software dev to the driver.

In the event of a vehicle malfunction where the touchscreen might not be responsive, there should be a physical input ("Konami" code ) to defeat any and all states that inhibit the vehicle from responding to driver inputs. e.g. steer left-right-left-right while shifting from D to R to D to R with the brake depressed and not touching the accelerator.

The rationale being that this "enable" sequence also proves the vehicle is correctly reading the critical control inputs (after all, if the car can't see the steering and gear selector and brake inputs, it probably can't be driven at all.) Of course there could be an "extreme prejudice" unlock code that could force the vehicle to move even if one or more motors or critical systems (suspension, door, hood) have failed or the PRND selector is inoperative, etc. But that's all a bit tricky and Rivian could at least have the simplest "enable" sequence.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Would be nice to have an “inside voice” level for navigation. “Softer” is still too loud for me.
You can turn the voice guidance off, entirely. That's what I do. The map in the driver display shows you what to do, so little need to be "told".

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Tried that. It has a negative effect of missing my turn. LOL!

Unlike, ahem, CarPlay, ahem, I don’t get the nav giving me haptics on my Apple Watch.

I know I’ve invoked the software feature that shan’t be named, but little things like this stick out when you’ve spent years with a mature nav system environment.

You can turn the voice guidance off, entirely. That's what I do. The map in the driver display shows you what to do, so little need to be "told".

Sponsored

AZBruin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Retired
Fix the phone key by a long shot. Mine randomly will not work until I open the app and manually select a command. Next time it might not work. Mostly locks on walk away but not always. I find myself lingering a distance away to make sure it locks. Speed up the response - it should unlock before you get to the door. The phone management is next.

Sonartech

First Name
Sonar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyon Red R1S, Hyundai IONIC 5, Ford Lightning
Occupation
Battery Systems Engineer
Clubs

I didn't see this one anywhere in the wish-list, so I must be the only one that lives near forest fires. The R1's desperately need a quickly accessible recirculate button on the front page/screen that can quickly be pressed as needed. Additionally, there needs to be a way to lock it so that the R1 can't automatically "decide" that it's time for outside air. Dozens of times this year, this Fuc!&@^$ truck has literally gassed me by "automatically" turning off recirc and sucking in forest fire smoke from the fires burning 20 miles away from our home in the Pacific NW. From the time it takes me to navigate around in the menu to get to the climate controls and press the recirc button for the 47th time on my way to work, it already sucked in a cabin's worth of smoke. It was actually bad enough for a week that I drove the Hyundai Palisade instead because the recirc works the way it should and I can turn off all that automatic crap. Finally, a real reason to wear an N95 mask while driving alone - Forest fires in a Rivian!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I didn't see this one anywhere in the wish-list, so I must be the only one that lives near forest fires. The R1's desperately need a quickly accessible recirculate button on the front page/screen that can quickly be pressed as needed. Additionally, there needs to be a way to lock it so that the R1 can't automatically "decide" that it's time for outside air. Dozens of times this year, this Fuc!&@^$ truck has literally gassed me by "automatically" turning off recirc and sucking in forest fire smoke from the fires burning 20 miles away from our home in the Pacific NW. From the time it takes me to navigate around in the menu to get to the climate controls and press the recirc button for the 47th time on my way to work, it already sucked in a cabin's worth of smoke. It was actually bad enough for a week that I drove the Hyundai Palisade instead because the recirc works the way it should and I can turn off all that automatic crap. Finally, a real reason to wear an N95 mask while driving alone - Forest fires in a Rivian!
Piggybacking on your issue, I want the ability to leave the hvac fan on without commanding heat/cool. Just give me an option to blow air without wasting additional energy.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Piggybacking on your issue, I want the ability to leave the hvac fan on without commanding heat/cool. Just give me an option to blow air without wasting additional energy.
Along these lines.....remember seat ventilating/heating seating from previous drive. Annoying to have to keep turning it on every time you get out and back in.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This option already exists. Just turn on the fan, and turn off the heat/cool by pressing the button to gray it out.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've had this happen so many times as well. I have noticed that it is more common with fan speed set to 1, so I now use speed 2 as the default.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
This option already exists. Just turn on the fan, and turn off the heat/cool by pressing the button to gray it out.
I’ll try again next time I drive. When I took delivery I definitely tried this but it only toggled between heat/cool. So you’re saying there’s a third option now? If so, good. I wish release notes were more comprehensive.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ll try again next time I drive. When I took delivery I definitely tried this but it only toggled between heat/cool. So you’re saying there’s a third option now? If so, good. I wish release notes were more comprehensive.
Nope. There are only two options, on and off. Heat /cool is determined automatically based on current and desired temp.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Nope. There are only two options, on and off. Heat /cool is determined automatically based on current and desired temp.
So funny enough, I just checked and I do have a third option now, lol.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So funny enough, I just checked and I do have a third option now, lol.
It's been there for as long as I can remember! Glad you found what you were looking for!
Sponsored