Sponsored

20" MSW Wheel now available at Tire Rack.

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
How come you decided on the MichelinDefender LTX M/S2? I'm also thinking about this option, but I couldn't find any snow performance review on these tires. I don't really need dedicated winter tires as it doesn't snow that much here and I'm honestly got too lazy to switch tires 2x/yr. Ideally all weather tires w/ strong snow performance would be perfect.
I live in Austin, TX, snow is not an issue here :)

Said that, the performance of this new developed tire seems to be very good, including acceptable performance in snow. Based on latest reviews, the range seems to be better than stock 21” as well.
I just ordered them together (wheels and tires + TPMS) from Tire Rack. Will see when I get them, probably mid-late Jan 2024. I still have enough tread on my stock 21” tires, but the real problem is absence of spare one. In case of non reparable flat, it will be a challenge to get 21” tire fast.
Sponsored

shaodx

First Name
Dexin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software Developer
The load index of 2535 lbs is 113, while my R1S tire has 116 index. It seems the wheel load index is way lower than R1S tire. I am wondering if it's a good choice.

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
The load index of 2535 lbs is 113, while my R1S tire has 116 index. It seems the wheel load index is way lower than R1S tire. I am wondering if it's a good choice.
Load index on what wheels?

Smeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (Quad Motor, Granite
Occupation
physician
The LTX M/S is very good in the snow despite not being 3-peak marked. I assume the LTX M/S2 is as good or better.
I think a more accurate takeaway from that video is that while they are good in the snow compared to other all terrain tires, they are still not comparable to a true winter tire.

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Tire Rack charged me for the wheels I ordered today. Hoping I get a pickup date soon...picking up at the Denver distribution center.

Sponsored

RCden12

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Installed with Bridgestone Blizzacks. Happy to hear that Discount Tire is the official installer for Rivian. Tire Rack shipped the MSW wheels directly to my local DT within a day once they arrived. Very happy with the install and the look.
Rivian R1T R1S 20" MSW Wheel now available at Tire Rack. IMG_6324

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Got mine installed on Friday. Swapped over 275/65/20 Blizzak LT from the RAM wheels. Drove home in low mode and didn’t get any rubbing where I would over bumps with the RAM wheels. With the 34” tires these things are really sensitive to wheel offset.

Rivian R1T R1S 20" MSW Wheel now available at Tire Rack. IMG_6453

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
I saw this earlier today as well and ordered them instead of the Radius (which were on backorder). Will update once they're installed. I ordered the grey ones.

Q: What to do for center caps?
Update: I had these installed with Blizzaks on them as a dedicated snow set. Super happy with the look (and the performance of the Blizzaks in the snow). Wheels appear to in the wheel wells in the same place/offset as the stock 20" wheels with the AT tires. Rivian center caps fit perfectly giving the whole setup a sophisticated look.

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
Update: I had these installed with Blizzaks on them as a dedicated snow set. Super happy with the look (and the performance of the Blizzaks in the snow). Wheels appear to in the wheel wells in the same place/offset as the stock 20" wheels with the AT tires. Rivian center caps fit perfectly giving the whole setup a sophisticated look.
Hey Marty, did you get 275/65/20 Blizzak's ? I'm also in Bend but couldn't find a shop that would install the Ice-X's (60/20) due to insufficient weight rating. I recall NW Wheel and Tire mentioning Blizzak's.

How did they work out in the past few weeks of insane ice and rain ? I lost count of stranded Suburbans in town.

I'm still hoping Michelin releases an Ice-X 2 with a higher weight rating like they did for the Defender LTX. I plan on using those in the Spring but haven't found a good winter option yet so still have my Pirelli's and am driving our R1S sparingly.

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Hey ForeverOnTheWaitlist:
First of all, my screen name goes back to the days that I was waiting for an R1S, but since March I've been cruising around in an LAS R1T. To answer your question: Blizzaks LT 275/65/20 were installed by Discount Tire on these MSW wheels (with TPMS sensors from Amazon). They have been great! I think it's always difficult to quantify, as I cannot perform a live A/B test comparing the Blizzaks to the OEM 20" AT tires. However, over the last weeks with all the ice I've felt the car handled really well. Note that we drive to Mt B ~3 times per week in addition to cruising around town.

Wave when you see an R1T on these wheels!
Sponsored