Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I mean I didn't sell my R1T when I could have made $20k overnight.. not sure why I would bother making a couple hundred on an adapter.
This guy is practical.......
Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

There are 2 camps here:

1. What I call the "Veruca Salt" mentality...."I want it noooooooooow"
2. FOMO

I fall into the camp of "I'll get it when I get it". I am in no hurry to receive it because as soon as I get it, I will put it in the Frunk and probably not even take it out of the box until I need to. We have had our R1T for a year now and the charging cable is still in the bag and spot in the trunk...in fact, I haven't even taken it out to see what it looks like. FULL DISCLOSURE: I am also the guy that didn't realize we had a flashlight in the door for the first 2 months.....LOL

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E GTPE,
Occupation
Consultant
Did you know there is a Camp speaker under the center council?

Dmartin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad - 21' Mach-e - 22' Model 3
Occupation
Electric Utilities
People are so dumb. You've lived for years without Tesla charger access, now you'll spend a ton of money for something that's free If you can just wait a little bit longer.
Eh I can get it to an extent, there are large parts of my state (California) that I simply can't explore without a tesla adapter because there is no CCS infrastructure. I love to go camping in these areas, and can understand that there's probably a lot of this throughout the country, $600 to ensure you can take the camping trip you want may be worth it to the right person (not me though).

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Fool + Money

Sponsored

kallisti5

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Looks like someone was desperate and bought the original Ford / Tesla adapter for $600.

A2Z adapters are going for $400-$500 on eBay which is bonkers when can you can get it for less than $200 after “RIV” discount code with $15 for overnight shipping. The difference is having to wait couple extra weeks.

Is anyone going to sell their Rivian / Tesla OEM adapter and keep their A2Z or Lectron adapter instead?

Looks like discount code “RIV” is updated to take 10% off and still gives free shipping.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0344.jpeg

img_0178-jpeg-jpg.jpg
I guess it could be a collector’s item. Does it say Tesla anywhere on the adapter?

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

You've lived for years without Tesla charger access, now you'll spend a ton of money for something that's free If you can just wait a little bit longer.
It might be six months or more before Rivian sends me an adapter. But the Tesla SC map (that is open to Rivian, in Arizona) is so limited, that there is almost no place I could/would use a Tesla SC. The map hasn't changed since Rivians got access, and now that Elon has fired the charger team, it isn''t likely to change very quickly. So there's no reason to spend money on an adapter now.
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG