Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Looks like someone was desperate and bought the original Ford / Tesla adapter for $600.

A2Z adapters are going for $400-$500 on eBay which is bonkers when can you can get it for less than $200 after “RIV” discount code with $15 for overnight shipping. The difference is having to wait couple extra weeks.

Is anyone going to sell their Rivian / Tesla OEM adapter and keep their A2Z or Lectron adapter instead?

Looks like discount code “RIV” is updated to take 10% off and still gives free shipping.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

I have signed up to become a sponsor to make it clear we are promoting/selling a product as a sponsor and not a normal user. We are community-supported and may get paid by brands or deals, including promoted items. This post and future posts may contain links to affiliate website, and we may receive a commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website. Our affiliates include GoAFFpro and Shareasale.

Rivian R1T R1S 1st Ford NACS Tesla adapter on eBay sold for $600. Anyone going to sell their Rivian NACS adapter? IMG_0341

Rivian R1T R1S 1st Ford NACS Tesla adapter on eBay sold for $600. Anyone going to sell their Rivian NACS adapter? IMG_0344

Rivian R1T R1S 1st Ford NACS Tesla adapter on eBay sold for $600. Anyone going to sell their Rivian NACS adapter? img_0178-jpeg-
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

There will always be people with more money than brains….

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Launch R1T & 23 VW Id.4
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Clubs

I’ll prolly sell my A2Z once it gets here next week.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I mean I didn't sell my R1T when I could have made $20k overnight.. not sure why I would bother making a couple hundred on an adapter.

Sponsored

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

People are so dumb. You've lived for years without Tesla charger access, now you'll spend a ton of money for something that's free If you can just wait a little bit longer.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I am going to keep mine in case I have a problem with the Rivian adapter on a long trip.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I’ve sold a lot of things to morons for crazy money, so I love this.

Sponsored

Tanuki68

First Name
WS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning, Tesla Y, 1991 Miata, Cake Kalk &
Occupation
Retired 6/2024
There will always be people with more money than brains….
Sometimes it’s just “more money than time..”. I’ve worked with many clients that have more passive income than they have The time to spend (one client makes @ million/day regardless of working, sleeping as long as he is breathing…). These folks don’t measure things by dollars, they measure by time and so what They paid for the adapter at auction was irrelevant if it saves them time when they travel.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
It looks like $599 was just the asking price, and someone very likely offered something below that amount and the seller accepted. We‘ll never know what the actual selling price was.

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
When I was almost stuck last summer due to crappy out of order chargers I would of paid $500 to use the Tesla SC down the street and get on my way
Sponsored