Sponsored

1st Cybertruck deliveries officially set for Nov 30... annual production capacity >125K

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Excited to hear more about this September delivery event.
Sponsored

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
No one is buying the S and the X comparatively speaking. Who's going to pay $100k+ for an S that's a 2012 foundational product when for about the same, you can look at a whole lot of other newer options for the same price.

I've seen the Cybertruck RCs running around my neighborhood doing testing however, in my opinion, that product is and will be vaporware until there's pricing and the buying public can buy one. If there's one thing Tesla is good at, it's dragging out the launch process for its vehicles.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
No one is buying the S and the X comparatively speaking. Who's going to pay $100k+ for an S that's a 2012 foundational product when for about the same, you can look at a whole lot of other newer options for the same price.

I've seen the Cybertruck RCs running around my neighborhood doing testing however, in my opinion, that product is and will be vaporware until there's pricing and the buying public can buy one. If there's one thing Tesla is good at, it's dragging out the launch process for its vehicles.
To be fair, the Model S starts at $74,990 and the Model X at $79,900 and qualifies for the tax credit.

I do think it is a concerning sign that both products are seeing big declines in sales despite their massive price cuts. For the Model S, there still isn't really any major competition and for the X, more and more EV SUVs are coming to the market.

I agree with your point on design, though. I think they need to completely redesign both from the ground up in the next few years.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Can’t wait to see the exoskeleton, prices, specs, sub 10 micron panel gaps. 🤔

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
From CNBC:

On the earnings call, CEO Elon Musk tempered financial expectations for the vehicle, saying, “It is going to require immense work to reach volume production and be cashflow positive at a price that people can afford,” with the Cybertruck. He also emphasized, “I just want to temper expectations for Cybertruck. It’s a great product, but financially, it will take a year to 18 months before it is a significant positive cashflow contributor.”

The company still hasn’t announced exact specs or pricing for the Cybertruck.

I would expect any 2023 deliveries to be purely for PR and to either employees or specific TSLA loyalists. The lack of any pricing at this point is telling. Would you have signed a binding agreement with Rivian to buy your vehicle without knowing the price?

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Put my deposit down on launch night. Was a M3 owner at the time. No invitation to configure yet. :mad:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

From CNBC:

On the earnings call, CEO Elon Musk tempered financial expectations for the vehicle, saying, “It is going to require immense work to reach volume production and be cashflow positive at a price that people can afford,” with the Cybertruck. He also emphasized, “I just want to temper expectations for Cybertruck. It’s a great product, but financially, it will take a year to 18 months before it is a significant positive cashflow contributor.”

The company still hasn’t announced exact specs or pricing for the Cybertruck.

I would expect any 2023 deliveries to be purely for PR and to either employees or specific TSLA loyalists. The lack of any pricing at this point is telling. Would you have signed a binding agreement with Rivian to buy your vehicle without knowing the price?
A year to 18 months? Realistically that sounds like never to me.

As far as pricing goes, maybe they are trying to learn from Rivian.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Purchased my S in 2016, with the OTAs over the years it is still fairly relevent, much more comfortable than the 3 or the Y. If looking for a sedan it is still a pretty decent option.

Don’t plan on getting rid of mine anytime soon. Of course lifetime free Supercharging has a little to do with that.

GANTZ

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, Tesla, Lexus
Occupation
Yes
Thought my neighbor got one early but it was only a tin can that fell out of the trash bin. But really i just don't like the look and i’m not ready for a DMC knock off
Rivian R1T R1S 1st Cybertruck deliveries officially set for Nov 30... annual production capacity >125K IMG_1124

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
$tsla not doing well after hours on the cYbErTwUcK news
That was with the hit during the day, off around 10%. Not really sure how many people really expected a lot from the CT though, I think it is the other numbers.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, LE R1T
Occupation
Retired Chemical Engineer

They're also good at building profitable EVs with excellent software and charging network.