Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
My 2023 R1S “P” VIN 39xx has the 12V and two magnets.
I’m PN 39xx as well, hope I have it! Planning on using it to keep ski boots warm on the way to the slopes. Mine are so closely fitted that I need the plastic to be room temp or above or else they don’t bend enough for me to put them on!

I’d say I can confirm Wednesday as that’s my current pickup date, but I’m still bracing for a “you need to wait another month for a part” communication between now and then.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I’m PN 39xx as well, hope I have it! Planning on using it to keep ski boots warm on the way to the slopes. Mine are so closely fitted that I need the plastic to be room temp or above or else they don’t bend enough for me to put them on!

I’d say I can confirm Wednesday as that’s my current pickup date, but I’m still bracing for a “you need to wait another month for a part”
communication between now and then.
That’s awesome and I hope you get it soon and the 12v. I just took delivery Wednesday, and I’m thrilled—panel gaps great and no service tickets needed. Best wishes. (I’ll get a thread on it up soon).

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They’re running two production lines. One line did start new or at zero, but the other was in the 18s and 19s and are 23’ model trucks. Per my guide…
Your guide has to be confused. They either reset the serial number for 2023 or they did not. There is nothing in the vin indicating what line the vehicle is produced on so unless they wanted to complicate the process by requiring a vin check to ensure no duplicates it makes no sense to reset some and continue for others.

I also have heard no news about opening a third production line in Normal. They only had 2 as late as 1/26/2023 when I took the factory tour and they were still using one line for the R1 vehicles and the other one for the EDVs.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Your guide has to be confused. They either reset the serial number for 2023 or they did not. There is nothing in the vin indicating what line the vehicle is produced on so unless they wanted to complicate the process by requiring a vin check to ensure no duplicates it makes no sense to reset some and continue for others.

I also have heard no news about opening a third production line in Normal. They only had 2 as late as 1/26/2023 when I took the factory tour and they were still using one line for the R1 vehicles and the other one for the EDVs.
PN vs NN is all I was told, definitely not saying you’re wrong! But that is apparently how they were designating model year? Like OP stated earlier, he’s got a fancy new letter in his. Same for me. We probably just got sold, but I’ve seen this stated in other links as well… 🤷.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
PN vs NN is all I was told, definitely not saying you’re wrong! But that is apparently how they were designating model year? Like OP stated earlier, he’s got a fancy new letter in his. Same for me. We probably just got sold, but I’ve seen this stated in other links as well… 🤷.
I agree the year makes a difference between 2022 and 2023 but if they are building PN in the 18k and above range and then start building them starting at 1, after 18k they run into consumed numbers. They can work around it by adding code to ensure the number is not consumed but that complicates the serial number process. It also complicates any batching for recalls as the dates will be all over the place.

pavl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blue R1T
Occupation
Space
Clubs

They’re running two production lines. One line did start new or at zero, but the other was in the 18s and 19s and are 23’ model trucks. Per my guide…
I'd believe it.
Just got delivery, ''23 model, 18xxx VIN, have the 12V and 2 magnets

Sponsored

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
I'd believe it.
Can you narrow that down a bit, please? I'm still waiting for a 182XX to show up. :)

pavl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blue R1T
Occupation
Space
Clubs

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
This bodes well for my 184XX R1T I'm picking up Tuesday!

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I'd believe it.
Magnets?!?!?!?
I haven’t even been able to check my frunk for plugs or magnets. Godammit. Dropped it to PPF before I even got to explore it.
Sponsored