🛑 No Surprise, but Non-Rivians won't charge at RAN's

mtberman

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T DM large,2019 Chev Bolt, 2021 Audi e-tron
Now that Rivian is collecting fee for charges, its limited to those with cc on file with Rivian account and VIN.
Yes, as I’ve said a couple of times, this was March 2023 and as we all know this has changed. Also these two were in rural Oregon locations and newer at the time.

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Timothykf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt; 2022 R1T Forrest/Black
I’ve found/used the Strongsville OH RAN. It is great. Works flawlessly, atleast the two times I used while pulling a trailer. Love the pull thru for trailers. Heard the Maumee OH also has pull thru. Great locations off I80

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i hope this stays exclusive for a while. its extremely helpful on road trips when EA, EVgo and other stations have a wait line.

Sponsored

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
March 5, 2023
IMG_6022.jpeg
This is crazy, glad it worked for you when it did.

Mid 2023 I was in Augusta at the newly opened RAN. Guy in a brand new Mach-E with paper plates pulls up to charge and I tell him, "Yeah, that's not going to work" and of course it doesn't, he even tries a few different stalls. This was back when they were free.

I would have felt stupid if it did work....like it did for you in your Audi. Since Audi/Porsche are the same manufacturer, maybe there's something to that and why the people on the Porsche forums were getting it to work? Who knows. If it worked for you there has to be some pics out there on PlugShare...

mtberman

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was fast too. The e-tron has a charge curve that starts at 155-157 kW and stays there until 80% full, and the Rivian pump worked flawlessly with Audi’s software.

I wish I could have left a thank you note. I had driven from CO through UT and NV and into Oregon, and was shocked to find the brand new RAN station near iur destination in Coos Bay. We stayed for a week and were worried that it was a charging desert, but we charged at that RAN station many times and took the e-tron all over.

We just did this same 4200 mile trip in the R1T. Rivian got their money from me this time!

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

mtberman

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you do this?
Did you log in with your Rivian app to start the charge?
No, these were taken in early March of 2023. I bought my Rivian last September. It was plug and play.

I also saw a Bolt there that week. A local also told me that his friend had charged a car there, though I don’t know what kind.
Sponsored