Sponsored

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Maybe known already but... Stopped by local SC with a quick question today. Learned some interesting things along the way. Among them, a 10 second long push of the hazard button creates a vehicle diagnostic capture. See pic. It simply saves a diagnostic snapshot on the truck at that time for future reference. The purpose is to potentially help in diagnosing issues when you bring your truck in for service. I was encouraged to use it if I have any issues (I haven't and don't now ). Was also encourage to write up ANY issues via the app. They really want to have as much feedback as possible about what is going on with their vehicles, big or small.

As a side note. I checked the control arm bolts myself when the recall came out and was eventually going to get to a SC so they could check me off their list. But Rivian hunted me down and did a mobile service last week. Kuddos to them. So far, my 3 points of contact with SC have been fantastic. Yes, they are learning on the fly creating a whole new service model and it ain't easy! But you can tell they are really trying to get up to speed quick. They have been very pleasant to deal with. I also get a good sense of competency, I come from a background of having my own specialty/performance shop (no longer). My mobile service was done by a master Mercedes tech the Rivian hire. And our local SC manager comes from a VERY reputable non-oem shop. The people they are hiring locally...it's impressive.

Rivian R1T R1S ⚠️ Protip: Hazard Button Long Push = Vehicle Diagnostic Capture 20221108_125713
Sponsored

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That was added in a recent update. Before a hard reset erased the logs so they added this to help debug issues after users attempt a hard reset on their own.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
That was added in a recent update. Before a hard reset erased the logs so they added this to help debug issues after users attempt a hard reset on their own.
I'm pretty sure this change is also why rebooting breaks if your communication module goes out (which mine did). When you try to reboot, it makes a diagnostics capture, but then the reboot just...stops.

Hopefully they change this to be more flexible, because I think I could have restored my comms (cellular, WiFi & GPS) without a trip to the SC (300 miles away) if it had simply let me reboot. The 12V disconnect fixed it for them once they got it to the factory.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Maybe known already but... Stopped by local SC with a quick question today. Learned some interesting things along the way. Among them, a 10 second long push of the hazard button creates a vehicle diagnostic capture. See pic. It simply saves a diagnostic snapshot on the truck at that time for future reference. The purpose is to potentially help in diagnosing issues when you bring your truck in for service. I was encouraged to use it if I have any issues (I haven't and don't now ). Was also encourage to write up ANY issues via the app. They really want to have as much feedback as possible about what is going on with their vehicles, big or small.

As a side note. I checked the control arm bolts myself when the recall came out and was eventually going to get to a SC so they could check me off their list. But Rivian hunted me down and did a mobile service last week. Kuddos to them. So far, my 3 points of contact with SC have been fantastic. Yes, they are learning on the fly creating a whole new service model and it ain't easy! But you can tell they are really trying to get up to speed quick. They have been very pleasant to deal with. I also get a good sense of competency, I come from a background of having my own specialty/performance shop (no longer). My mobile service was done by a master Mercedes tech the Rivian hire. And our local SC manager comes from a VERY reputable non-oem shop. The people they are hiring locally...it's impressive.

20221108_125713.jpg
Good to know since, if I do ever actually get an R1T, that's the closest service centre geographicaly

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The real pro-tip would be info on how to access the diags

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Interesting I didn't put the "Protip:" in this post title. Wonder if Admin changed the wording?
Admin changes mine all the time. It's frustrating.

Sponsored

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Yeah, I really hate that 50% of my thread titles are changed on me as well. It’s not cool to silently edit someone’s “voice” without their consent, as trivial as those edits may be.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yeah, I really hate that 50% of my thread titles are changed on me as well. It’s not cool to silently edit someone’s “voice” without their consent, as trivial as those edits may be.
Not to sidetrack the conversation, but I appreciate most of the title edits. I hate all the clickbait and the waste of time when the titles are super vague or intentionally misleading.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Not to sidetrack the conversation, but I appreciate most of the title edits. I hate all the clickbait and the waste of time when the titles are super vague or intentionally misleading.
There’s a threshold there. I think adding “pro tip” (and the edits I’ve had to my posts) does not qualify as fixing a clickbaity or overly vague title. I agree with OP that this is just an edit to change the voice of the title. In this case, slightly wanky. 😅
Sponsored