mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
Has anyone encountered one of the following situations:

- Get in truck, hit garage door open/close prior to stepping on brake. Step on brake to prepare to drive, and the seat doesn’t auto-return to driving position. Go into the screen and do it manually and it’s fine.
- Get in truck but have BT off or app closed. Step on brake, nothing (because no key). Turn on BT/app for the key, hit the brake pedal again. Seat doesn’t auto-return. Go into screen and reset manually, fine.

I’m sure there are other failure modes. But these are the two that I’ve seen most consistently.

Anyone else seeing similar behavior? Just want to report it properly through CS and not open a ticket.
Sponsored

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I've definitely noticed the same behavior.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I turned mine back off after trying to use it a few times and it never returning back properly. Haven't looked back.

OP
OP
mikehmb

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
I turned mine back off after trying to use it a few times and it never returning back properly. Haven't looked back.
I’ll likely do the same. Having that extra couple inches to clear my head is helpful, but not entirely necessary. Hopefully this is addressed in an OTA.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

- Get in truck, hit garage door open/close prior to stepping on brake. Step on brake to prepare to drive, and the seat doesn’t auto-return to driving position. Go into the screen and do it manually and it’s fine.
- Get in truck but have BT off or app closed. Step on brake, nothing (because no key). Turn on BT/app for the key, hit the brake pedal again. Seat doesn’t auto-return. Go into screen and reset manually, fine.

I’m sure there are other failure modes. But these are the two that I’ve seen most consistently.

Anyone else seeing similar behavior? Just want to report it properly through CS and not open a ticket.
Basically don't hit any hardware buttons while the seat/wheel are moving. I occasionally forget and it's annoying.

WhidbeyIsland

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Lexus RX350 & 2023 R1T
Occupation
Retired!
Yep, I have the same intermittent issue. I haven't tried a Infotainment reset yet..

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I am also in the boat of having intermittent issues.

It's MOST prevalent when both my wife and I are getting into the car (even though it's still defaulting to my driver profile since I got in first--at least showing as such on the screen).

It's occurring often and consistently enough that I do not believe it's a coincidence.

Dutch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T

I have the same problem. I don't know if using the garage door opener causes it or not, but have found that if I step out shut the door then get back in it responds normally.

jpmc86

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes GLK 250, 2009 Mercedes E63
Occupation
Engineer
2023.42.1 fixed this for me actually.
Sponsored