First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
I guess you'll just ignore all the people who commented and said they genuinely like the headlights in your rant huh? Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug. Reread this thread until you figure it out.
I am not ignoring them but most of them own a Rivian. Obviously they like them.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I am not ignoring them but most of them own a Rivian. Obviously they like them.
You are seeing what you want to see. I've talked to many different people who quite like the front end. Just because you don't isn't representative of a universal opinion. I have gotten more than one person giving me a thumbs up or an unsolicited conversation about my truck. There has never been another vehicle I've owned that has caused complete strangers to come up and ask me about it. My Rivian generates a ton of positive interest, and it would be a catastrophic mistake to change such a strong brand identifiable feature.

OP
OP

Yungster1972

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
You are seeing what you want to see. I've talked to many different people who quite like the front end. Just because you don't isn't representative of a universal opinion. I have gotten more than one person giving me a thumbs up or an unsolicited conversation about my truck. There has never been another vehicle I've owned that has caused complete strangers to come up and ask me about it. My Rivian generates a ton of positive interest, and it would be a catastrophic mistake to change such a strong brand identifiable feature.
I think that is awesome. I really think that Rivian makes great vehicles. The SUV is probably one of the best looking vehicles in the market except for the headlights.

OP
OP

Yungster1972

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
This picture of the R2 with these headlights are 100% better.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Front Headlights Design R2

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Everyone I have talked to about getting a Rivian always mention the their dislike of the headlights. I have yet to talk to someone other than those on this forum tell me they like them. There very well be more people that like them than dislike them. I am just saying what I have heard.
I have had two who never saw a Rivian before tell me specifically that they love the front end design because it is different and unique:

The Drummer in my band: "I think the front end is awesome because it doesn't look like any other SUV or truck out there. It's different - that's great."

A random woman in a parking lot: "Those headlights are so f*#%!#& cool!!!"

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
People are buying them. I just wonder if they would have more buyers if the design wasn't so different. There was a poll. 22% on this forum preferred the standard headlights. The question is did other 78% buy a Rivian because it has the unique stadium lights?
Rivian Poll.JPG
Seems to me you should be able to find a better source to support your argument than quote a poll that literally says 77% of the responders favor the current design.

of course we could always go back to the round headlights, they were cutting edge circa 1880. 🤷🏻

OP
OP

Yungster1972

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Seems to me you should be able to find a better source to support your argument than quote a poll that literally says 77% of the responders favor the current design.

of course we could always go back to the round headlights, they were cutting edge circa 1880. 🤷🏻
Considering the poll was conducted on this forum you would kinda think the results would go to the favorable side. Duh

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Plenty of people hate the Audi grills, but somehow we see thousands on the roads. What about BMW? Or Porsche? or Kia/Hyundai? Taste is subjective but it isn't like people are running from Rivian, the opposite in fact. Keep that unique style and make the R2 a killer, please,

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
People are buying them. I just wonder if they would have more buyers if the design wasn't so different. There was a poll. 22% on this forum preferred the standard headlights. The question is did other 78% buy a Rivian because it has the unique stadium lights?
Rivian Poll.JPG
You forgot a category: did people buy it cuz they don’t care about the friggin’ lights!

Last edited:

Sponsored

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Not gonna happen. RJ wants his new company and new cars to stand out and be instantly recognizable. He isn't interested in blending in, be a look-alike, or follow in footsteps of other car companies.
The twin Edsels have grown on us since we got em but we really liked the integrated horizontal rendering someone put on here after my suggestion in ‘22 and a poll here confirmed by a slim margin.
Anyone still have that image?

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
While we’re at it. Let’s tell BMW to shrink their kidney grills.
While we are facelifting maybe Luxus can fix the Darth Vader grill, and Toyota/Chev can shrink their trucks massive mouth grills.
I heard they build up snow on them
Likely to also happen on the CT but those lights are nearly useless to begin with.
Actually I am shocked by the response. I am just saying what the common issue people have about the r1t.
I have the R1S & was never a fan of the bulbous front view.
Overall it is not as boring/generic as the tesla cars, just my 2C.
The van has round lights
The van is pretty ugly, maybe it needs the stadium lights.
The SUV is probably one of the best looking vehicles in the market except for the headlights.
How do you like the looks of the same or similar lights placed horizontally.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Front Headlights Design 1706480474276

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Front Headlights Design 1706481616304

I don't think it is just the headlights, which actually perform excellent.

OP
OP

Yungster1972

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
While we are facelifting maybe Luxus can fix the Darth Vader grill, and Toyota/Chev can shrink their trucks massive mouth grills.

Likely to also happen on the CT but those lights are nearly useless to begin with.

I have the R1S & was never a fan of the bulbous front view.
Overall it is not as boring/generic as the tesla cars, just my 2C.

The van is pretty ugly, maybe it needs the stadium lights.

How do you like the looks of the same or similar lights placed horizontally.
1706480474276.png

1706481616304.jpeg

I don't think it is just the headlights, which actually perform excellent.
I really like it!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Especially considering that poll was well before most people had even seen the Rivian in person. Definitely better looking than in photos.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.