Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
That's new. I scrolled through everything about two days ago and that wasn't there.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

The ones that came on my truck are without a doubt the worst wipers Iā€™ve ever had on a vehicle. Iā€™d never buy OEM ones to replace these. Iā€™d rather use two sticks
Mine have worked well. I haven't had to use them often (southern Arizona), but after ten months of ownership, they are still working well (we had several rainy days recently). I bought a pair from Amazon, recently, to have on hand, but the original blades are still fine.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
The ones that came on my truck are without a doubt the worst wipers Iā€™ve ever had on a vehicle. Iā€™d never buy OEM ones to replace these. Iā€™d rather use two sticks
I completely agree. Mine streak incredibly badly and my vehicle is garage kept (never really dirty).

Sponsored

HopefullyR1S

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Occupation
SAHD
We are in the north east and have had more rain and snow than sun since we picked up our R1S in December. I have been impressed with the wipers and overall visibility in it.
We keep ours in the garage as well and I wash it often (maybe too much, lol).
Wonder if they change rubber compound or something? Odd the difference in experiences.
I noticed they added the wipers in the last few days and had planned on ordering from them when needed.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

30 each? Sheesh
Right.
I'd probably just recommend getting some RainX Latitudes, or similar, and calling it a day (or year for that matter)! They're almost always on sale at your friendly neighborhood AutoZone or Advanced Auto.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
30 each? Sheesh
Competitive price for beam style blades. You can easily spend up to $50/ea.

Plus Rivian includes free shipping!

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Competitive price for beam style blades. You can easily spend up to $50/ea.

Plus Rivian includes free shipping!
Plus just not going into an Autozone is worth the difference.

My OEM have been great and ordered the replacement OEM last week. It will be interesting if they changed.

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
My wipers get used quite a bit here in western Washington state. I gave up on non-OE wipers years ago, there's always something janky about fit or quality, all to save a few bucks? Nope. $60 seems about right for a front set (For my last truck a set cost between $56-$63).

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
The ones that came on my truck are without a doubt the worst wipers Iā€™ve ever had on a vehicle.
I don't even understand comments like this. They're wipers - how good or bad can they be? Even the cheapest, worn-out rubber squeegee will remove all water as long as the entire edge makes contact and the rubber is still flexible and isn't oily or deteriorated by chemicals or sunlight. It's a mechanical process - the blade material doesn't have much to do with it.

My OEM blades work great in the Pacific Northwest, where we get our share of rain. (Like today, and tomorrow, and all this week ...). I've had my R1T for 18 months now, the majority of which were rainy. My wipers still work as good as new. Last month I had an issue where there was a streak they weren't cleaning, so I checked the blades and found a small leaf stem stuck under one. Removed that and the streak was gone.

If your blades are streaking, then clean them. And keep them away from any products you use on the exterior of your vehicle that might coat or interact with the rubber.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Mine are OK..and we get serious rain here. Maybe you got a bad batch.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
30 each? Sheesh
That's what premium and OEM wipers go for nowadays.. I was just pricing wipers for our i3 two weeks ago o_O

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian now selling wiper blades 1706396345393

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Same. Replaced mine with Bosch Icons and the improvement was massive. Best $33 upgrade ever.
Sponsored