OP
ATL_R1S

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Summer Saturdays in the South. Never been more grateful for the newly installed XPEL Prime XR tint added to all the windows and windshield this week. The 88% IR heat rejection it offers makes a massive difference in comfort and AC efficiency. Also installed the cargo crossbars last week! ⚡

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0706

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0704

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0707

OP
OP
ATL_R1S

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

This nice little accessory brings the total number of cup holders in our R1S to THIRTEEN. SIX in the front row, FIVE in the second row (including the kids’ car seats) and TWO more in the third row.

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0739

Also loving the random uses for the frunk on the weekends out and about with the kiddos!

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0725

OP
OP
ATL_R1S

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Road trip ready! Loving all the new @opensourceev accessory mounts. Got their Seat Back Tablet Mounts, Phone Ball Mount EVO, and the Overhead Glasses Holder. All 3D printed.

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0806

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0813

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0799

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build 20230828_223444

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build 20230828_223355

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0797

Also got a fan rigged up for the rear-facing little one to stay extra comfy on a long drive coming up!
Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_0817

OP
OP
ATL_R1S

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

The Labor Day week road trip to the beach went well, as we were fortunate to use a fully functional 350kw EA charger on the way there and back, making each way an easy one stopper at a Walmart that gave the kids just enough time to peruse the toys and grab some snacks. An uneventful family road trip in a CCS electric vehicle is a major win.

Then, a week later, the loss streak began.

It suffered a front drive inverter failure at 2100 miles, and additionally suffered a hit from an employee-driven EDV while awaiting repairs at the SC. Finally back in action after a month of downtime.

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1043

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1045

I'm grateful that Rivian provided me a loaner R1T for the duration of all of this misfortune, and were willing to make it right with a goodwill gesture of covering a full paint correction and ceramic coating, due to an unfortunate multi-day gap in communication after the incident.

Happy to continue the adventure in my Rivian that looks better than it did on delivery day.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ATL_R1S

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Had a unique opportunity on Thursday to attend the private opening of the new Rivian Space in Atlanta, hosted by RJ and Tony. They were super cool and excited to engage with the Georgia Rivian Club!

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1065

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1066

Left town the following morning for our second successful road trip. Took the kids to Tweetsie Railroad in Blowing Rock, NC and had a fantastic weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

We enjoyed using the RAN chargers in Greenville, Charlotte and Blowing Rock to make it there and back easily with no charging anxiety.

I know RAN won’t be free forever, but it felt amazing to take a 700+ mile road trip without spending a dime on electrons or worrying about charging speeds/availability.

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1119

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1117

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I was going to go to that opening but I was otherwise engaged this past weekend.

OP
OP
ATL_R1S

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Some updates and some new accessories.

Center console organizer.
Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1248

I know I’m not the first to discover these and share how perfect they are for Rivians, but I’m oddly satisfied with these collapsible InstaCrates. These are great for grocery runs and getting stuff organized, and they’re only $9/ea at Costco!

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1251
Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1253
Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1254

'Tis the season! 🎄
Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1297

One of the letter i's in my door badging came loose and I got carried away and ended up de-badging both of the doors with a heat gun and string. After carefully removing the leftover adhesive, the paint is perfect underneath and I Iove the way it looks now- it's so much cleaner without the RIVIAN lettering that's prone to collecting dirt and wash mitt fibers and more of those i's coming loose over time!

Chemical Guys HydroSuds Ceramic wash 🧼
Love this stuff in my foam cannon. Makes maintenance washes super easy and re-charges my ceramic coating!
Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1327

Spotted by a friend while out and about 👀
Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_4857

Next up: Running boards from @EV Sportline

Last edited:

Sponsored

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

@EV Sportline running boards installed!

IMG_1430.jpeg

Had them installed at their Atlanta location and I’m so glad I did because it took all of 45 minutes. Wife and kiddos approved!

IMG_1431.jpeg

IMG_1429.jpeg
Looks glorious! thx for sharing :)

OP
OP
ATL_R1S

ATL_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Adventure
Clubs

Normally I wouldn't consider this a mod, but since it's obvious now that these vehicles need something extra on the roof glass for heat reduction, I installed a new R1S roof shade kit from BestEvMod. This is the only two-piece R1S shade kit that I’ve found that will match up with Ocean Coast interiors. Planning to leave this rear shade installed year round and install the big one up front in the summer months. Fitment is great and installation was simple with the included clips.

Rivian R1T R1S ATL_R1S Midnight Black Build IMG_1502

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
@ATL_R1S Our local Costco had these today and I picked up 3 - Still just $9 each! Thanks for the photos and to all who suggested these - they fit the frunk and the back of the R1S perfectly!

PS - Don't worry...I took our Subaru to Costco - no way was I taking the Rivian there on the Saturday before the Super Bowl!
Sponsored