Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
I've seen pics of key fob someone painted. It looks great. You need a real steady hand and an extra fine "white paint" pen. I tried it and am not "steady handed" enough....but I can actually identify the "lock" button easily now. I'm considering just using my phone and leaving the fob at home at this point as it isn't really needed....and always carry the card as a back up (yes, I test the card occasionally to be sure it works the way its supposed to).

Bruins06

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper
You have to feel for the bump on the unlock button, then memorize the location of the other buttons relative to the unlock button. Yeah, kinda annoying.

Sponsored

Gman

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Open Ocean Swimmer
Looks great- I took a silver permanent marker and blocked out Lock- yours is the real deal!

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

That looks great! As someone else mentioned, you must have a real steady hand. I've got a silver pen but haven't tried on mine yet. You should sell your skill as a service. 😉

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I've seen pics of key fob someone painted. It looks great. You need a real steady hand and an extra fine "white paint" pen. I tried it and am not "steady handed" enough....but I can actually identify the "lock" button easily now. I'm considering just using my phone and leaving the fob at home at this point as it isn't really needed....and always carry the card as a back up (yes, I test the card occasionally to be sure it works the way its supposed to).
Nice, and good on the testing I'd say. I have an appointment Monday to likely get a bluethooth circuit/sensors replaced, seems sensor 3 is the key one for this functionality. My cards, phones, and wristband do not work. If you have PAAK paired you can at least unlock the doors I guess, but won't be able to use a phone or key card to drive - the sensor seems to detect the phone for driver, detect cards on outside and inside spots as well. Sucks for sure. BUT, the fob always works as runs off a different sensor to open/close with clicks and go, just not with proximity walking up as well.

Sponsored

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Is the phone reliable enough that you can leave the fob permanently at home? If you carried the card would that be 100% reliable (if phone is dead or doesn't work for whatever reason). I'm not looking forward to carrying a keyfob around as it's been years since I've had one.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Ordered the pens.. will do it before morning coffee :D

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Yes!!!!!!

Fantastic work.

Now tweet that @RJ so that they can implement that into production!

I cannot express how annoying it is to not have any contrast on the markings for the buttons. The week I had my R1T on Turo it drove me bananas