Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Got R1S shop access April 28. As best I can tell, lost access sometime today (June 1) so think our configured vehicle may now be in the production pipeline.
Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
That's interesting. I asked my guide when I had shop access back in March and was told that she couldn't see the VIN for each vehicle in the shop. Not sure I entirely believe that - perhaps she didn't want to be fielding calls/emails from customers each time a new vehicle popped up.

As has been noted before, the guide experiene varies greatly depending on who you get.
My guide has shared the same. She said she couldn’t see VIN’s for each vehicle.

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
Yep. Don't believe any claim by a Rivian employee that preorder date is the primary factor affecting the order that Shop invitations are sent out. I reserved in February of 2019 and got Shop access three weeks ago.

If you're an optimist, you could look at my statistic and conclude that the line moves very quickly ... invitations have advanced from early 2019 to early 2021 in just 3 weeks.

For the realists: Did anyone with a preorder date after 2/14/19 get Shop access before 4/26/23? Maybe just a few. Peruse the first 83 pages of this thread.
I sort of wonder if Rivian is trying to give priority to customers who appear to truly love the brand and want to drive their vehicles vs. the people who want to take delivery so that they can make a quick buck. All the resales and flippers can't be helping Rivian. If so, I get it, but I don't know how you can fairly give preference to someone with a later order just because they are drooling at a First Drive event, etc. I'd personally love it if they tried to implement something like GM... warranty is void if you sell in the first 6 months.

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_3146

Got the S today.....really not sure where all the complaints for the handling/ride of the S are coming from. If anything, I thought the S drove better....and don't get me wrong, till today the T was the best vehicle I've ever driven.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got R1S shop access April 28. As best I can tell, lost access sometime today (June 1) so think our configured vehicle may now be in the production pipeline.
Sure enough email titled "It’s time to begin the purchase process." arrived June 2 at 03:27 am.

Sponsored

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
IMG_3146.jpeg

Got the S today.....really not sure where all the complaints for the handling/ride of the S are coming from. If anything, I thought the S drove better....and don't get me wrong, till today the T was the best vehicle I've ever driven.
You should take another pic, there’s some janky truck photobombing your R1S. 🤔

Perkmeup

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vermibag.com
Vehicles
Jeep cherokee
Occupation
Engineer
Sure enough email titled "It’s time to begin the purchase process." arrived June 2 at 03:27 am.
I had access to the R1S shop for a little over a week and then lost it….I figured my build was in production as well….but 2 weeks later and I haven’t heard a peep or received any emails. Not sure what is up??

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had access to the R1S shop for a little over a week and then lost it….I figured my build was in production as well….but 2 weeks later and I haven’t heard a peep or received any emails. Not sure what is up??
Sounds like time to touch base with your guide.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Sounds like time to touch base with your guide.
Similar situation for me. I lost shop access with no explanation nearly 2 weeks ago. And my guide is ghosting me.

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Similar situation for me. I lost shop access with no explanation nearly 2 weeks ago. And my guide is ghosting me.
Have you tried emailing the "general" guide account ([email protected])? If not, give that a try -- a (polite) message to that account may get a response more quickly if your assigned guide isn't being responsive.

Sponsored

Perkmeup

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vermibag.com
Vehicles
Jeep cherokee
Occupation
Engineer
I contacted my guide and he said he would submit me for shop access again……when I got access again …it was to the R1T Shop….☹ As I have a max pack order. When I reached out to my guide to tell him I had the wrong shop….he’s on vacation until the 7th☹. Another person responded and said that there is only one shop and that there were just no R1S’s in my area…🤔.this is not true from my experience…it seems you can only have access to the R1T shop or the R1S shop….but not both at the same time…..anyone had access to both shops at the same time?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Is it normal to see both trucks and SUVs????? I thought it was separate.

kilik49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Kia EV6, Lincoln Navigator

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Is it normal to see both trucks and SUVs????? I thought it was separate.
It was separate when I had access, but it looks like that might be changing based on what you and @Perkmeup are seeing
Sponsored