Sponsored

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I’ve got 21’s and just had to be smooth with regenerative braking. It did take a couple of minutes to adapt but I personally don’t see the need for “snow mode” I used All Purpose mode with regen in my normal setting high.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but our Canadian friend @1SikhRivian asked about snow mode at the Vancouver open house tonight and they told him there is nothing in the works.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but our Canadian friend @1SikhRivian asked about snow mode at the Vancouver open house tonight and they told him there is nothing in the works.

Someone on another site heard differently at the open house.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Both Tony C and RJ were there today along with other CS reps etc (shout out to Eugene from Normal, super nice guy my wife and I chatted with for about 15-20 minutes and works directly below Tony) because test drives were extremely busy when we got there, 2+ hour wait, decided to head back tomorrow morning to get a jump on the crowds, if either Tony or RJ are there, I'll gently bend there ears for some info.

Eugene's opening question was do we have a preorder and when, I responded 2019 for the T. He then asked about our delivery window... "2024" he was like... "Ooo max pack?" yup... He was honest in that he didn't have any insider secrets to share, but confessed the general helpful nature of CS keeps them from leaning things ahead of release to stop accidental info drops.

I will say, for anyone yet to get up close, after finally getting hands on the vehicle, it's such an impressive offering, the little touches throughout are 👌. Canyon Red still surprises in person, however... I really wanted to see Compass Yellow, but sadly it was a no show.

Rivian R1T R1S Snow Mode Needed! - My first snow drives in R1S and R1T IMG-20221119-WA0000

Sponsored

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
Has anyone put blizzaks on their 22s?

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
FWIW, I was somehow able to find some Nokian LT 275/65/R20 Hakkapelitta tires that I should have installed Monday. The AT tires were great at accelerating in snow, ice, slush, but not good enough for my comfort at turning and stopping. If we ever get snow again, I can report on them. I had Blizzaks before that were amazing on a Discovery, so we'll see if the Nokian hype is deserved.
You must mean 275/60 R20?

https://www.nokiantires.com/rivian/

We do not yet offer size 275/65 R20 in Hakkapeliitta passenger car or SUV tires, but drivers can consider an alternative size of 275/60 R20 in:

• Nokian Tyres Hakkapeliitta R5 SUV (winter, non-studded)
  • Nokian Tyres Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV (winter, studded)

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
You must mean 275/60 R20?

https://www.nokiantires.com/rivian/

We do not yet offer size 275/65 R20 in Hakkapeliitta passenger car or SUV tires, but drivers can consider an alternative size of 275/60 R20 in:

• Nokian Tyres Hakkapeliitta R5 SUV (winter, non-studded)
  • Nokian Tyres Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV (winter, studded)
Never mind, it looks like the LT3 is available in the stock size per that link. Would love to know efficiency impact as those are heavier tires.

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
I’ve got 21’s and just had to be smooth with regenerative braking. It did take a couple of minutes to adapt but I personally don’t see the need for “snow mode” I used All Purpose mode with regen in my normal setting high.
Well if the back is sliding out in conditions where it doesn’t in other AWD vehicles, and people have to revert to conserve/fwd then it may be warranted.

Reactions: Guy

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yeah, even @cbrcanuck at the same event was told something different too. So I guess we are exactly where we were before… LOL

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Both Tony C and RJ were there today along with other CS reps etc (shout out to Eugene from Normal, super nice guy my wife and I chatted with for about 15-20 minutes and works directly below Tony) because test drives were extremely busy when we got there, 2+ hour wait, decided to head back tomorrow morning to get a jump on the crowds, if either Tony or RJ are there, I'll gently bend there ears for some info.

Eugene's opening question was do we have a preorder and when, I responded 2019 for the T. He then asked about our delivery window... "2024" he was like... "Ooo max pack?" yup... He was honest in that he didn't have any insider secrets to share, but confessed the general helpful nature of CS keeps them from leaning things ahead of release to stop accidental info drops.

I will say, for anyone yet to get up close, after finally getting hands on the vehicle, it's such an impressive offering, the little touches throughout are 👌. Canyon Red still surprises in person, however... I really wanted to see Compass Yellow, but sadly it was a no show.

IMG-20221119-WA0000.jpg
I was excited having just seen the trucks at our service center but finally getting a drive in May is what really got me excited (and impatient). I hope you get that chance. I’ve seen all the colors at one time or another and in my opinion all the colors look similar to their photographs except for red and limestone. Red is much better in person and Limestone changes completely depending on what the light is like.

I’m so happy to see you and everyone else up there get some attention after waiting patiently for so long. I wish they had better news as far as delivery locations and timing, but we can still hope they are able to ramp up production in a way that improves on those estimates.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Never mind, it looks like the LT3 is available in the stock size per that link. Would love to know efficiency impact as those are heavier tires.
I haven't noticed much if any. I'm sure there is some around town, butthat's so inconsistent I haven't been able to tell yet.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
For those wondering about the Hakka 10 SUV in 275/50R22, here they are without studs on my Yukon, just got them last week. Great tires, 3rd set for me.

Rivian R1T R1S Snow Mode Needed! - My first snow drives in R1S and R1T 8463BD41-D93E-4975-BDF3-130CC7492A22

Rivian R1T R1S Snow Mode Needed! - My first snow drives in R1S and R1T 1215B068-7DE5-4A7C-92D7-1F0139151CC1
Sponsored