Physician

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Just one little thing I noticed that I hadn't caught before.

The BT Camp Speaker has a latch that holds it in place while you're driving. Which is clever! But did anyone else notice that the latch mechanism seems to match their roof rack mount points?

Rivian R1T R1S KTLA - "I see why there’s so much excitement around this startup" 1639056789395

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

The BT Camp Speaker has a latch that holds it in place while you're driving. Which is clever! But did anyone else notice that the latch mechanism seems to match their roof rack mount points?

1639056789395.png
I believe Gear Guard cable can be looped through as well to secure

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I believe Gear Guard cable can be looped through as well to secure
The gear guard cable has to be looped through an item(s) in the bed and both cable ends plugged in below the air compressor outlet on the drivers side of the bed panel in order to arm the internal wiring of the cable -if it’s cut, you’ll then get an alert on your app and the cameras will record activity. How will the gear guard cable be of any use while attached to the BT speaker with no connections for it as there are in the bed?

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3

1639056789395.png
Even more clever would have been to come up with a way to make it mount onto the the roof rack mount points.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The gear guard cable has to be looped through an item(s) in the bed and both cable ends plugged in below the air compressor outlet on the drivers side of the bed panel in order to arm the internal wiring of the cable -if it’s cut, you’ll then get an alert on your app and the cameras will record activity. How will the gear guard cable be of any use while attached to the BT speaker with no connections for it as there are in the bed?
Both sides is an option not a requirement. You can loop one end through the other end to get more length and plug one end in and it works as well.

I saw a video demonstrating this a while back but cannot locate it at the moment.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Both sides is an option not a requirement. You can loop one end through the other end to get more length and plug one end in and it works as well.

I saw a video demonstrating this a while back but cannot locate it at the moment.
OK - but is there a plug for the gear guard cable near the BT speaker in the cab?

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Keep your schoolbus away from Banner and we won't have any problems.
I am a teacher, so…
Installing flashing red lights and a stop sign. EVERYONE ON THE R1B(us)

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I believe the intent is to be able to have the speaker in or around the bed of the truck on the outside yet be secured by threading the gear guard cable through it and locking it to the bed.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I wonder who's going to steal a BT speaker that requires a $70,000 truck to charge it. :facepalm:
Oh never underestimate stupid. I’m sure they’ll pop up on eBay
Sponsored