Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

don't forget the truck as we are getting is being sold to us for the same price that was promised years ago I would not be surprised if the price goes up in the next year.
Sponsored

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
I'd sell my spot for 50K. I am a December 2018 res holder with a current R1T order LE with standard battery pack. Would assume to be in the first deliveries if they hold true to what they are saying. I think you could easily flip the vehicle if the first ones off production line for 25k. The other 25k are punitive damages from all the pain and suffering Rivian has caused early reservation holders with all the delays and priority employee vehicle delivers. Newer reservation holders wouldn't understand.... But they will when their prices go up and their deliveries get even more delayed. In all reality EV's will lose most of their value once they are bought as new technology is coming so fast it will be like a new iPhone coming out once a year. The only thing Tesla and Rivian have going for them right now is they are first to the market and the competition is not there yet. But it is coming and if Rivian delays any further they will lose their advantage.

My 50K offer is only out there for someone that wants one of the very first Rivian R1T's produced. Before the market gets flooded with Ev's.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
yOu KaNz HaS mInE fUr $350(K)

Rivian R1T R1S Looking to purchase your Launch Edition 1637443393801

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

First off, take any 'expensive car' experience you have pre 2020 and throw it out. Given that you have a Taycan 4S presumably you know about the crazy games Porsche is playing. 25-100K for a GT3, 150k over for GT4RS, 20k for a GTS. Once again these are all mass produced.

Look at what happened with the Plaid. Were going 10-25k over. Had a friend drive his for 3 months and sell it for 15k over MSRP.

If those are too niche look at Chevy. Tahoes going 10-20k over list. Corvette Z06 15-50k over list for the spot, the first ones that show up will be 100k over. Regular Corvettes going for 15-25 over list.

I would take that bet.

Early Rivians will be the hottest ticket. Someone in Socal could put one up for 125 and itd sell within the day.

To the guy offering 1k...LOL.
Spot on: First month, regular customers, a “white hot” ticket; and if production continues to be slow, by the second month, super-heated.

SonsofOdin

Banned
First Name
Odin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just got my confirmation today that I am expecting delivery march-april 2022. I am willing to sell my spot for 30k. Already confirmed we can change delivery name and address and payment info in the reservation. Launch edition R1T. Able to still change color and options it seems as well.

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Just got my confirmation today that I am expecting delivery march-april 2022. I am willing to sell my spot for 30k. Already confirmed we can change delivery name and address and payment info in the reservation. Launch edition R1T. Able to still change color and options it seems as well.
Confirmation dates for LE orders placed early March 2019 arrived by email. R1T April - May 2022 and R1S May - June. One to two months apart..

SonsofOdin

Banned
First Name
Odin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Confirmation dates for LE orders placed early March 2019 arrived by email. R1T April - May 2022 and R1S May - June. One to two months apart..
My email from Rivian says march-april. Not April may.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
FWIW, people have been willing to sell their LE reservations for $5000. More power to you if you are able to get $20k+, but I don't think the market is there for a reservation. Truck in hand? Sure, maybe you could get that if you have an early truck in your possession, but too much risk and unknown involved in a reservation spot.

shkelton

First Name
Jacek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Civic, 2009 Avanger
Hello there,

I have received my email today like a bunch of others.
March - April 2022
  • R1T
  • Ordered Dec 19th 2018
  • Launch Edition
  • Large pack
  • El Cap Granite
  • Black Mountain interior
  • 20" All-Terrain wheels
  • Full-size spare
  • Off-Road Upgrade
I have actually been thinking of just finding the correct place to auction off my spot, especially if we can change our information in account settings. Set up a teamviewer screen share to actually perform the change over, let them type the password in for the account once all other items are changed. Or just change to dummy settings and provide them the password. I have been on the fence with this. $79,000 is very hard for me to justify, even if this is one of the coolest trucks out there. I just need to find correct place for the auction. I think I would start the bidding at around 35k. Whats the worst that could happen - no bites, oh well :)

Sponsored

Capstone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 / 2019 Nissan Leaf
Did you purchase their reservation? Seems like a helluva deal.
No that was me that offered it to Toade for 5k because he is a great guy :)
Unfortunately I am very far east in Canada and I suspected that the delivery timeframe was going to be outside my window. I had never imgained that my LE reservation would go outside 2021 which I will lose my funding (still processing that - love the r1t). If anyone is interested in a LE res send me a message.

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Seems like a
No that was me that offered it to Toade for 5k because he is a great guy :)
Unfortunately I am very far east in Canada and I suspected that the delivery timeframe was going to be outside my window. I had never imgained that my LE reservation would go outside 2021 which I will lose my funding (still processing that - love the r1t). If anyone is interested in a LE res send me a message.
Yeah, I had multiple offers at $5k.

I don't think there is as much demand for reservations as some holders might think. I haven't seen anyone else even offer $5k.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Seems like a

Yeah, I had multiple offers at $5k.

I don't think there is as much demand for reservations as some holders might think. I haven't seen anyone else even offer $5k.
I've gone over the math, logistics, etc.. Guesstimate of my max pack R1T probably being July~October '23... Even with all that, there's only so much I'd be willing to take an early reservation. Some of the numbers thrown out here are just crazy talk.

If anyone has an LE coming early next year that you don't want or can't make work, hit me up. I'll pay a bit. Won't be $5K. But yes, I have cash in hand for a successful reservation transfer.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I've gone over the math, logistics, etc.. Guesstimate of my max pack R1T probably being July~October '23... Even with all that, there's only so much I'd be willing to take an early reservation. Some of the numbers thrown out here are just crazy talk.

If anyone has an LE coming early next year that you don't want or can't make work, hit me up. I'll pay a bit. Won't be $5K. But yes, I have cash in hand for a successful reservation transfer.
You should also keep in mind the extras that come free with an LE reservation. For me, with a regular reservation I'd be paying $1800 for 20" wheels and $1500 for grey... With LE I save $3300 with the free wheel upgrade and paint color I like (LE green). So paying $5000 for someone's reservation is only costing me $700. Obviously if you are going with a different color, or 21" wheels, the math doesn't work out the same for you.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
You should also keep in mind the extras that come free with an LE reservation. For me, with a regular reservation I'd be paying $1800 for 20" wheels and $1500 for grey... With LE I save $3300 with the free wheel upgrade and paint color I like (LE green). So paying $5000 for someone's reservation is only costing me $700. Obviously if you are going with a different color, or 21" wheels, the math doesn't work out the same for you.
All fair points for consideration. Wasn’t looking at it that way specifically. Personally I’m still committed to Limestone+FE as a color combo + 20” AT w/ off-road package.

I think the reality of it for me is it’s a truck I’d keep at most a year if I were to pick up an LE because I’d sell it as soon as my max pack order came in. On that note, I’d probably consider Launch Green and BM interior to not spend extra there. Maybe I’m just not motivated enough as a potential buyer of an LE reservation. I’m not poor, but I’ve concluded years ago that spending extra money impulsively or out of desperation is always a bad thing.
Sponsored