Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
So...I guess that means they won't have any sort of HomeLink equivalent functionality. That's disappointing.
Hmm, it's weird that it was removed from the manual. Could that have been an editing mistake? Could it be a supply chain problem and they're pulling a GM and doing a feature delete and moving forward without for now?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Hmm, it's weird that it was removed from the manual. Could that have been an editing mistake? Could it be a supply chain problem and they're pulling a GM and doing a feature delete and moving forward without for now?
that's a deal-breaker for me. Hope that's not the case.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
that's a deal-breaker for me. Hope that's not the case.
I think I can live with Alexa+IFTTT+MyQ and, given the lack of physical buttons, this may end up being my preferred operating mechanism. But there are a lot of situations where something like that simply isn't an option. I'm still going to hope this was just a document editing problem and not a feature actually being removed from the vehicle. It would be a real shame to have to resort to clipping a remote on the visor.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I think I can live with Alexa+IFTTT+MyQ and, given the lack of physical buttons, this may end up being my preferred operating mechanism. But there are a lot of situations where something like that simply isn't an option. I'm still going to hope this was just a document editing problem and not a feature actually being removed from the vehicle. It would be a real shame to have to resort to clipping a remote on the visor.
I know it takes a little bit to install it, but you can always explore this option as well:

https://www.meross.com/Detail/29/Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener

I know it isn’t quite the same, but it does add a bit of functionality and doesn’t require any subscriptions.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
So...I guess that means they won't have any sort of HomeLink equivalent functionality. That's disappointing.
Disappointing indeed. I understand there might be a software workaround, but I don't want to have to tell Alexa to open the door. Hopefully there is at least an onscreen button in the top ribbon or something.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Disappointing indeed. I understand there might be a software workaround, but I don't want to have to tell Alexa to open the door. Hopefully there is at least an onscreen button in the top ribbon or something.
They may geo tag the process like Tesla does. My garage opens as I arrive and closes when I leave, no action required by me. Each entry is geo tagged so you can have multiple locations setup.

It can also be triggered by the mobile app or 2 taps to get to it on the screen.

I’m hoping the process is similar with the Rivian setup.

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
I just read a note about the upcoming Q4 etron also pulling all references to homelink from their specs and online configuration tool. Seeming more like a supply chain issue that they don’t want to hold up production.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I just read a note about the upcoming Q4 etron also pulling all references to homelink from their specs and online configuration tool. Seeming more like a supply chain issue that they don’t want to hold up production.
I'd go for a service center installed opener if it is their critical path item. I saw GM was having heated seat issues the other day too.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just curious as to what is so special about homelink? I'm still using a regular garage door opener on my visor.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Just curious as to what is so special about homelink? I'm still using a regular garage door opener on my visor.
Homelink doesn't do anything special, it's just built into the vehicle so no little box hanging from the visor or batteries to replace. And sometimes the visor and the clip on the remote just don't get along well meaning you have to find somewhere else to stash the remote (had that problem with a rental car after a recent accident). It's just a nice luxury to have.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Homelink doesn't do anything special, it's just built into the vehicle so no little box hanging from the visor or batteries to replace. And sometimes the visor and the clip on the remote just don't get along well meaning you have to find somewhere else to stash the remote (had that problem with a rental car after a recent accident). It's just a nice luxury to have.
vehicle-integrated garage openers are also better for anti-theft. With the handheld remotes someone can steal them or use them to get into your garage/house much more easily.

Plus, there’s the idea that for so much money for a vehicle, it’s silly to have to velcro/clip something to the dash/visor that can (and has been for a long time) integrated.

When I see a newer vehicle that I know has bluetooth and the driver is holding a phone to their ear while driving…. Ugh. Or when someone has a phone suction-cupped to their windshield distracting them and blocking their vision…. Ugh.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I think Amazon has commands for garage door opening if your garage door has the right enabled opener. I was about to change my opener to the jack shaft openers with my q I think they work with Alexa and your phone.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I think Amazon has commands for garage door opening if your garage door has the right enabled opener. I was about to change my opener to the jack shaft openers with my q I think they work with Alexa and your phone.
MyQ doesn't support direct Alexa integration but you can make it work via IFTTT.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I asked about individual tire pressure display and was shown this in the manual.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T OWNERS MANUAL Guide  is here! ? 1636847720174
Sponsored