Sponsored

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Edmunds: "I think it will appeal to a whole new generation of truckers... affluent techie types with a taste for adventure, the sort of people who wear head-to-toe Patagonia"

Me, a software engineer that has never owned a truck and is currently wearing Patagonia clothing: ?

I didn't come to this video expecting shots like this.
I think a bunch of us just got called out in this video. ?
Sponsored

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
It looks like it had the off-road upgrade. Which has been a question on the effect on range. So does this answer that question even though it had the 21’s?

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Testing was also in 53 degree weather, they mention it on the spreadsheet.

Worth noting is that Edmunds range numbers are incorrect, they use pseudomath to come up with them. In reality they had 46.9 kWh/100 mi out of a 135 kWh battery. Assuming all 135 is available that's 288 miles. But the testing was done in 52 degrees and presumably some rain, so you would lose 8-15% range over ideal summer weather.

I had a back and forth with them over their Taycan 4S listing (an absurdly inaccurate 323 mi) but they refused to correct their procedure/math. Either way a good range result, just want to note that the efficiency number (46.9 kWh/100 mi) is more accurate than the mileage they listed.
I don’t think you are accounting for the ~10% charging loss

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Finally a real review !
And an R1T with the 21s. Looks really nice.

The UI is still ’bug’ging me !

Find it a big coincidence this video comes a day before they go public !

LordUlhtred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
To be honest, i am slightly disappointed with this review. The 1st ”independent review” and Edmond does not provide charging information, come on!

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Its gotta be hard on reviewers to get to test such a versatile truck. They try to show all it can do, but it def needs different shoes to shine 100%.
A perfect review will need to have all 3 wheels and tires options to swap. 20s off road, 21s efficiency, 22s on road performance.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
To be honest, i am slightly disappointed with this review. The 1st ”independent review” and Edmond does not provide charging information, come on!
It’s the first full EV Edmunds review I’ve seen, and I wasn’t particularly impressed tbh. Our friends with a lower budget do a better job.

Oh, and for fun ( though not EV value) where the hell is Doug’s video?!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Stock wheels didn't bother me as much as I thought they might. That being said, I'm still leaning towards the 20" ATs. Also glad to see LA Silver/Ocean Coast combo, which I have been strongly considering (along with LA Silver/Forest Edge, and Rivian Blue/Ocean Coast). They mentioned how the back might be tight for 3 adults, I haven't been in anything that isn't, and doesn't bother me. I did like the way the keys moved back during the launch (about 3:27 into the video), also not afraid to mention wind noise.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Yeah it looks like the key figures are:

0 to 60 miles at 3.5 seconds, with all season tires (I’m guessing the 3.0 seconds is with sport tires)

The weight is 7150 pounds

And the range they got was 317 miles

Super exciting, Rivian is really knocking it out of the park
Another note: this was clearly the offroad package, so it looks like offroad package may NOT take you off the EPA range.

Were there nonstandard aero inserts in the wheels?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Were there nonstandard aero inserts in the wheels?
I believe the 21's come with those by default. There were inserts for the 20's, but I believe those were dropped at some point. Pity as they looked like neat CF inserts.

Sponsored

McRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, MXLR+, 2xVolts, MC's
Occupation
Tinkerer
That was a better than average review. The fact they actually weighed it, and did instrumented testing with real range testing is unusual.

A Doug D review: "Uh, the brochure says ..."

McRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, MXLR+, 2xVolts, MC's
Occupation
Tinkerer
Oh, for those that don't know, that track in Carson, CA is the Porsche Experience Center LA. You can borrow nearly any model Porsche and test it out there. I ran the Porsche Taycan Turbo S on that track chasing a 911 Turbo S.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Doug is 100% Grade-A filler at this point. He's gone from somewhat funny takes on rare and odd automobiles to decaf 'reviews' on new and 'hot' vehicles. He feels like a quirky impersonator of himself, which is a shame, because at one point I loved everything that he did.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That was a better than average review. The fact they actually weighed it, and did instrumented testing with real range testing is unusual.

Maybe they describe it elsewhere, but what is their range test done at? 30mph? Around a city? Do they loop it at 70? I didn’t see it mentioned in the video. The image I saw looked like they were going 45… I personally don’t care about range at 40 mph, because that generally implies I’m in an urban environment where range doesn’t matter much at all. I really appreciate the approach the InsideEVS folks take Personally.

im not a Doug fan, but his videos are fun. Which is why I said for fun.

RDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
I thought it looked very odd in the high setting on 21s
Sponsored