chopsui

Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Overland
Because even someone who does a lot of off-roading will put in way more than half of their miles on pavement. Kinda seems like a waste to buy this truck with tires that reduce your range by 20%.

Where are you getting 20% from?
Advertisement

TexasCrane

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru
Edmunds: "I think it will appeal to a whole new generation of truckers... affluent techie types with a taste for adventure, the sort of people who wear head-to-toe Patagonia"

Me, a software engineer that has never owned a truck and is currently wearing Patagonia clothing: 😐

I didn't come to this video expecting shots like this.
Ha! Jokes on them. I’m wearing Arc’teryx.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I think I have you beat....in a software salesman and I wear mostly Columbia. Ha! Edmunds doesn't know me at ALL.
They don't know me either! My closet is full of Carhartt and Dickies and I live on a farm, lol.

RayzorBEV

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
I am curious about his claim that it’s narrower than a Ranger…
Ranger is 1976mm and R1T is 2015mm. Both measured with mirrors folded.

protamine

Reaction score
Vehicles
17 911 GTS, 69 Camaro SS 396, 12 MB E350
Occupation
CT and Vascular Surgery
I think this was an excellent video. Dont know what people really wanted from it. It had real results and no crazy over the top exaggerations. And the fact that hes a Model 3 owner helps too.

That being said, I want his jacket. Any ideas?

Signed,
Never owned a truck wearing a Patagonia fleece in the hospital.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
They don't know me either! My closet is full of Carhartt and Dickies and I live on a farm, lol.
And I’m in between as a software guy with a cabin in the woods stocked with Carhartt’s and Flannel shirts. 95%+ of my driving will be on paved roads but my driveway is steep enough where after PG&E tracked mud on it, my Prius loses traction and backslides. And the backroad by the wood pile is unpacked and the steep part is unnavigable without 4wd.
Note, I’ve never worn Patagonia or Arc’teryx but probably will someday.

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
4. 0-60 3.5s instead of quoted 3. Rivian does state depends on wheels and tires and I believe fastest time was always based on 22 inch wheels.
I've read different things. And most posts I've seen mentioned the Road's were the fastest. But yeah to me the "sports" make more sense to give you the highest performance 0-60.

Do you have any reference for the 22" being the fastest?

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I've read different things. And most posts I've seen mentioned the Road's were the fastest. But yeah to me the "sports" make more sense to give you the highest performance 0-60.

Do you have any reference for the 22" being the fastest?
I think the 0 to 60 differences have more to do with the tires than the wheels and that we are only talking a tenth of a second one way or another (if that) but here is what Rivian.com has to say about the 22s: "For those looking to take full advantage of their Rivian’s performance in the spring, summer and fall months, the 22" Sport tires provide great traction for on-road handling. This tire’s unique compound provides solid grip on wet and dry road surfaces that enhances acceleration, braking and cornering capabilities. The 22" Sport wheel uses the same tilt-casting process as our 21" Road wheels. The wheels also come in a lighter, high-gloss version with black pockets and a darker option that uses a tinted clearcoat, both featuring the contrasting yellow accent."

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I believe the 21's come with those by default. There were inserts for the 20's, but I believe those were dropped at some point. Pity as they looked like neat CF inserts.
Anyone with an early preorder and a 3D printer? I'd buy some inserts for the 20s if they look as good as the prototype vehicles.

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
Anyone with an early preorder and a 3D printer? I'd buy some inserts for the 20s if they look as good as the prototype vehicles.

I'd take the original ones and vinyl wrap or carbon fiber overlay them. It would probably look the same.

Advertisement

Advertisement