Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
To be fair, the 0-60 part of the course was going uphill.
Already established. I only pointed out the video to corroborate AxelR's seat-of-the-pants feeling. Doesn't mean the truck isn't capable of 0-60 in 3 sec, just that it wasn't happening for that truck config under those driver and environmental conditions.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Anyone bring a tape measure and able to get dimensions of the lower part of the frunk, below the removable floor?
Nope but I grabbed one of these Yeti Loadout buckets and took a photo for you.

Rivian R1T R1S Official Thread for Sonoma Event Posts 1636410808492

These things have the following dimensions:

Rivian R1T R1S Official Thread for Sonoma Event Posts 1636410833737

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I was there yesterday... yes, they both were Ocean Coast, but it actually looks gray in person.
I heard people say green (forest edge) looks more gray in person as well. I know things are subjective but if you saw both, how do they compare in your opinion?

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I heard people say green (forest edge) looks more gray in person as well. I know things are subjective but if you saw both, how do they compare in your opinion?
Sorry that I didn't look for the forest edge.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Forest Edge does look green in person. There is no mistaking it for gray. I would not consider Forest Edge unless you’re going with Launch Green or Forest Green.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
The funnest part for me was going down this hill (wasn't me in the video and I went down much quicker). The 0-60 part didn't do much for me since I have a pretty fast IC car. I'm happy that I bought my Rivian cap and sweat. ?

Rivian R1T R1S Official Thread for Sonoma Event Posts IMG_2753 2.JPG

Attachments

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Forest Edge does look green in person. There is no mistaking it for gray. I would not consider Forest Edge unless you’re going with Launch Green or Forest Green.
works fine with any of the silver/gray paints. and black. of course, all a matter of one's opinion ?

I do wish Rivian had done a 4th interior in a sand/saddle shade of tan-brown. that would go with just about EVERY paint color.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Nope but I grabbed one of these Yeti Loadout buckets and took a photo for you.

1636410808492.png

These things have the following dimensions:

1636410833737.png
Thank you! I appreciate your help.

It looks to me like you could fit about 4 of these in there, which gives us a good idea of the volume.

Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yes on merch... got my Rivian cap and sweat... and free pins (maybe with purchases); but not too many choices. They had drinks, snacks and fruits; nothing like a main meal. Didn't see anything dog friendly and not sure if you can test drive with a dog. However, they had the nicest portable restrooms I have seen.
There were lots of dogs there. Don’t know if they are allowed on test drives. There was a food truck, but I didn’t try their food.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Forest green looks green. Like a “light” military flat green.
Ocean looks like a very light shade of gray. It isn’t white like Tesla white. It looks like you would need to make an effort to make it look dirty which is a relief with a 3yo.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Thank you! I appreciate your help.

It looks to me like you could fit about 4 of these in there, which gives us a good idea of the volume.
Yeah. Three easily. It’s kind of a funky space because it does narrow a bit at the bottom. Can’t help but think a custom cooler/fridge might be coming in the future.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Yeah. Three easily. It’s kind of a funky space because it does narrow a bit at the bottom. Can’t help but think a custom cooler/fridge might be coming in the future.
Agreed! Other than a very small one, none of the off-the-shelf coolers/fridges would fit very well.