Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

One other pro tip, look for people with the yellow wristband. That's the one for the test drive.

1636770706746.png
looks like they changed it from the Normal event. They had biodegradable wristbands. Mine lasted all of about 15 minutes before completely falling apart lol. Also they didn't really have any that fit large wrists.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Anyone going today? Test driving at 10. Hoping my wife and I can finalize color selection.
Will ask about: offline maps and routing given that our weekend place is in a ATT dead zone. Not going to get deep into charging curves or break out the tape measure, but lmk if there are other lingering questions for which we think we can get good answers.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I asked about the maps yesterday. I was told we’ll have access to maps via gps even without cell service. There will be no display of charging locations when off grid but road and routing should work with out cell coverage. Hopefully this is accurate.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I asked about the maps yesterday. I was told we’ll have access to maps via gps even without cell service. There will be no display of charging locations when off grid but road and routing should work with out cell coverage. Hopefully this is accurate.
It sounds like they are training the staff as they go. When I asked this exact question last weekend I got, “hmm no clue.” Encouraging to hear that they may be compiling a list of stuff that they don’t know, getting answers from HQ, and showing up better prepared.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
If you can not download the charging station location and basic info (like charging speed and number of chargers) before your trip, I consider that an oversight that at some point will be corrected with over the air update.

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
It sounds like they are training the staff as they go. When I asked this exact question last weekend I got, “hmm no clue.” Encouraging to hear that they may be compiling a list of stuff that they don’t know, getting answers from HQ, and showing up better prepared.
My experience there Friday was that different rivian folks knew different things, and some gave conflicting answers. Found one guy who worked at the Palo Alto office and wasn't part of the road crew, was just up to 'help out' for a few days. I failed to ask what department he was in but he was by far the most knowledgeable. I found the road crew, including the guy doing the drive with me, knew much less. My advice for anyone attending these things is talk to a bunch of the staff and see what range of answers you get.

Nuclianba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Pacifica hybrid
So, I tried again and I have a couple inches of clearance. Should be ok as long as the driver doesn’t like to drive like they are in a Lazboy.

D5282E64-ED2C-4102-A536-26D37FD1F447.jpeg
I'm 6'2" and found the backseat ok. Headroom is usually my issue and there was plenty. Knees were right close to the seat, like your pic, but I wasn't uncomfortable. I'd be ok for a trip around town, or from east bay to the city, but wouldn't want to be back there at my height for more than an hour... Not happy back there for a trip to Tahoe.

Of course I'll always be up front! I did put my kid's car seat in there too, rear facing toddler seat. I shoulda taken pics, but it was rather tight. With the driver seat where I want it (again 6'2") the kid carseat BARELY fit, it was honestly marginal (touched the back of the driver seat). I doubt some infant seats would fit at all for someone of my height. Not a huge deal if you can place the seat behind the passenger, but I got twins under 2 and a 4 year old (pray for me) so fitting 2 rear toddler seats plus a front facing seat is important for me. Simply put, not really enough side to side room without using the narrow car seats, and if you are over 6'2" probably not enough room for your seat position and a rear facer behind you. Good (?) news is that by the time I get the truck (oct '19 max pack) my 4 year old will be 5 and a half (at least) and in a booster, making the math work!

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone going today? Test driving at 10. Hoping my wife and I can finalize color selection.
Will ask about: offline maps and routing given that our weekend place is in a ATT dead zone. Not going to get deep into charging curves or break out the tape measure, but lmk if there are other lingering questions for which we think we can get good answers.
How was the event today? Were the trucks back on the bark area today and did you get to drive the full course? My wife and I went yesterday morning (Friday) and I was somewhat disappointed by the event (still excited for our LE R1S when it eventually arrives - just wasn't impressed by the event). Arrived early to check out the trucks before my drive and they had relocated the four trucks on display to the parking lot because the original area with bark and tents was still soggy from rain earlier in the week. That was fine, but they didn't relocate the color displays, so I had to ask around to get someone to pull out the color panels for the exterior colors that weren't there. For interior colors, they were only letting people open the doors to the black mountain and forest green interiors. I'm assuming that was because they were concerned about getting mud from the parking lot on the Ocean Coast interior and that has tipped my preference away from the Ocean Coast interior. When our time came for the drive, it was extremely abbreviated - just up the hill and down to the 0-60 run and then back to the parking lot. When I asked about the other parts of the drive and the hill descent, the guide said the rest of the course was still wet from the rains earlier in the week and we couldn't go on it (Really?? With all the capability built into this adventure truck my test drive is cut short because of a little mud?? I know it was probably dictated by the venue not allowing them to tear up the course, but it was definitely disappointing). On the plus side, the 0-60 was awesome even in all purpose mode (I'm not sure why they aren't allowing people to put the trucks into sport mode for the 0-60, but it's plenty capable in all purpose).
Hope the course dries out for everyone else who has upcoming drives scheduled!

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Honestly, if you’re a brain poisoned forum addict like me, you’re not going to learn anything at these events.

Except that is feels fucking insane to put your foot to the floor in an 835hp quad motor beast!

also: all of the colors are great, as promised, and forest edge is the best interior by a mile.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I went for a second time today. This time brought my wife and dog and got to drive and R1T. They have the trucks back on the park and the signage is back. They have rerouted the truck to a different area for the downhill decent. It seems muddier and more rutted than the original one. Still quite fun.
I talked with one of the guides who started in June and was too late to get in on the LE/early employee deliveries. They also have a fixed number of the $1k subsidies for employees and they are used up, but they are expecting another tranche soon.
The guide once assigned is supposed to stay engaged for the life of the vehicle and even goes along with the vehicle if and when you sell it.
The staff is super dog-friendly and watched our dog while we did our test drive. Also let him explore a couple of the vehicles.
How was the event today? Were the trucks back on the bark area today and did you get to drive the full course? My wife and I went yesterday morning (Friday) and I was somewhat disappointed by the event (still excited for our LE R1S when it eventually arrives - just wasn't impressed by the event). Arrived early to check out the trucks before my drive and they had relocated the four trucks on display to the parking lot because the original area with bark and tents was still soggy from rain earlier in the week. That was fine, but they didn't relocate the color displays, so I had to ask around to get someone to pull out the color panels for the exterior colors that weren't there. For interior colors, they were only letting people open the doors to the black mountain and forest green interiors. I'm assuming that was because they were concerned about getting mud from the parking lot on the Ocean Coast interior and that has tipped my preference away from the Ocean Coast interior. When our time came for the drive, it was extremely abbreviated - just up the hill and down to the 0-60 run and then back to the parking lot. When I asked about the other parts of the drive and the hill descent, the guide said the rest of the course was still wet from the rains earlier in the week and we couldn't go on it (Really?? With all the capability built into this adventure truck my test drive is cut short because of a little mud?? I know it was probably dictated by the venue not allowing them to tear up the course, but it was definitely disappointing). On the plus side, the 0-60 was awesome even in all purpose mode (I'm not sure why they aren't allowing people to put the trucks into sport mode for the 0-60, but it's plenty capable in all purpose).
Hope the course dries out for everyone else who has upcoming drives scheduled!
Rivian R1T R1S Official Thread for Sonoma Event Posts BFBFBCC7-3930-40BB-8ACD-F95763768729
Rivian R1T R1S Official Thread for Sonoma Event Posts 112D1D9F-6EA1-429C-A518-07C5C0A8B97E

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I went for a second time today. This time brought my wife and dog and got to drive and R1T. They have the trucks back on the park and the signage is back. They have rerouted the truck to a different area for the downhill decent. It seems muddier and more rutted than the original one. Still quite fun.
I talked with one of the guides who started in June and was too late to get in on the LE/early employee deliveries. They also have a fixed number of the $1k subsidies for employees and they are used up, but they are expecting another tranche soon.
The guide once assigned is supposed to stay engaged for the life of the vehicle and even goes along with the vehicle if and when you sell it.
The staff is super dog-friendly and watched our dog while we did our test drive. Also let him explore a couple of the vehicles.

BFBFBCC7-3930-40BB-8ACD-F95763768729.jpeg
112D1D9F-6EA1-429C-A518-07C5C0A8B97E.jpeg
That's really nice of them to let the pepper up in the tent. How did you manage to get the good boy up there?

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That's really nice of them to let the pepper up in the tent. How did you manage to get the good boy up there?
Just picked him up. He could have climbed up himself if the ladder was a slightly less steep angle (or if there was a tasty enough treat to incentivise him).
i thought the staff would ask me to take him down, but instead they asked me to leave him up while they took pictures.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Just picked him up. He could have climbed up himself if the ladder was a slightly less steep angle (or if there was a tasty enough treat to incentivise him).
i thought the staff would ask me to take him down, but instead they asked me to leave him up while they took pictures.
Looking majestic AF has it's perks.
Sponsored