Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
There's a lot of activity at the Chicago service center which appears to be a multi-tenant building. It will be finished by quarter end but I'm not so sure that it will be anything more than a showroom. for Rivian since I couldn't find any curb cuts on the property.
Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Compared to the beautiful building of the Bellevue service center, I gotta say the Phoenix one is a bit bland. The lobby seems smaller and not as bright. Oh well.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Anyone know of any service centers in Texas that have started renovations?
I drove by the Dallas location probably ~3 weeks ago now, and there was no visible progress being made. Planning to go by soon to check again (unless someone else recently has).

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I drove by the Dallas location probably ~3 weeks ago now, and there was no visible progress being made. Planning to go by soon to check again (unless someone else recently has).
I'm in San Antonio, and kinda doubt they will build one there....I'm thinking Austin will be my closest option, but who knows.

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Compared to the beautiful building of the Bellevue service center, I gotta say the Phoenix one is a bit bland. The lobby seems smaller and not as bright. Oh well.
I agree. But, the hope is I don't ever have to hang out there. If a service center in the area is a requirement to deliver then a coat of white paint and plastic chairs in the lobby works for me. :like:

Sponsored

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

Address below, North Houston just South of Spring, South of 1960 off Hardy Toll.

Project Name:
Rivian - Houston TX
Project Number:
TABS2021020489
Facility Name:
Carriage Point Warehouse
Location Address:
20221 Carriage Point Dr
Houston, TX 77073
Location County:
Harris
Start Date:
9/15/2021
Completion Date:
12/7/2021
Estimated Cost:
$2,117,649
Type of Work:
Renovation/Alteration
Type of Funds:
This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:
New interior walls & finishes, new light fixtures, new HVAC, new plumbing fixtures and new auto service equipment for EV automobiles
Square Footage:
27,500 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant?
Yes
Current Status:
Review Complete

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Projects/TABS2021020489
Went by this address today. Cars around nothing Rivian branded but looks like work is going on. You can't get close enough to see inside.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
The “white glove” option isn’t sustainable, but is probably appropriate out of the box.

When I bought my Tesla model S, there wasn‘t a “bricks and mortar” Tesla facility within the car’s range (fhe closest DC fast charger was almost 300 miles away).

I had a few warranty issues, they brought me a loaner on a flatbed. the promise to do so was what gave me the comfort to buy the car.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Went by this address today. Cars around nothing Rivian branded but looks like work is going on. You can't get close enough to see inside.
Thanks! You saved me a trip. I was going to drive by to see how things were going. I will try to go in a month or so and will report back.

jkggarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Clubs

Thanks! You saved me a trip. I was going to drive by to see how things were going. I will try to go in a month or so and will report back.
I usually go by Mondays when I get off work. I'll keep y'all updated if something changes. Seems to have something happening but just general construction for now.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Looks like permitting is still progressing for the ATL Service Center. Most of the plan reviews are due on 10/27. And... anybody want to check out the plans? They showed up on the permit site.

Attachments

Sponsored

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
Updated 7/13/21 for Easier Reading

Here's a link to the developer of the Chicago building where Rivian will have its showroom. It's a rendering but currently the exterior of the building is finished and the interior looks pretty far along.
There is limited access for vehicles so I'm not sure if it will be anything more than a showroom. If you notice there is access to the rear of the building(the North side) via a very narrow, maybe 12' wide drive. This side of the building has a roughed in opening that is very wide, a good 30' I'd say.
They could bring vehicles into the showroom through this but it's hard to imagine a way in which it could be used for vehicle servicing needs.
https://l3capital.com/portfolio/932-w-randolph-street/

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I hope this puts us in Portland high on the list too. Seattle is only a short 3 hours away.
Speaking of Portland, here's the building that folks have been mentioning on SW 1st Ave. I've noticed work is underway as I drive by, but no definitive word about timing or layout. I stopped by last Sunday and took these pics. It has a ways to go, but looks to have a ton of potential.

The For Lease sign still stands, but all other signs seem to say it's a go.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20211017_151857
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20211017_151656

This will be very convenient to downtown, is really close to I-5, and sits right on US26.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Speaking of Portland, here's the building that folks have been mentioning on SW 1st Ave. I've noticed work is underway as I drive by, but no definitive word about timing or layout. I stopped by last Sunday and took these pics. It has a ways to go, but looks to have a ton of potential.

20211017_151857.jpg
20211017_151656.jpg

This will be very convenient to downtown, is really close to I-5, and sits right on US26.
I was hoping rumors of a facility in the South Hillsboro community would become a reality, but only time will tell. Everyone seems to know at least a little, but almost nobody seems to know much. The cloak of secrecy is robust and quite effective.

That said, this crowd has displayed a Columbo-like apititude for detective work. There have been some really good discoveries here!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 1634937987479

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Update on the Miami, FL location, nothing yet, no sign of any life anywhere. Nothing inside, or in the parking lot.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

20211017_151857.jpg
20211017_151656.jpg

Cool. Been meaning to drive by there if I go through PDX. Hope this means Rivian is giving Oregon some love. From order trackers Ive seen elsewhere Oregon seems well represented.

Also note the permit description has been updated a bit, but still under review.

PDOX PS - TI AND CHANGE OF USE FROM WAREHOUSE TO AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE CENTER. DEMOLISH NORTH MEZZANINE AND INTERIOR PARTITION WALLS. CREATE NEW AREAS FOR SERVICE, STORAGE, WASH BAYS, LOUNGE, RESTROOMS, AND LOCKER ROOMS. STRUCTURAL REPAIR OF FAILED CONCRETE COLUMNS. NEW EQUIPMENT SUPPORT, NEW BEAMS, INSTALL CHARGING STATIONS IN PARKING LOT. W/ 21-089252-MT. SEE PERMIT 21-024252 CO FOR WORK IN AREA OF THIS PERMIT.
Sponsored