Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

Stage 6 finish line video indicates "pinched lines" issue with suspension was not completely fixed until night before beginning of the stage.
Did anyone else notice that Emme and Rebecca mentioned that they have the 135kwh pack, not the max pack, in the "Rebelle Rally Electrified Designation" video. I think they had previously mentioned they would have the max pack in an interview prior to the Rebelle Rally, but I guess that isn't the case.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Did anyone else notice that Emme and Rebecca mentioned that they have the 135kwh pack, not the max pack, in the "Rebelle Rally Electrified Designation" video. I think they had previously mentioned they would have the max pack in an interview prior to the Rebelle Rally, but I guess that isn't the case.

Max wouldn’t have met the rules anyway as thst isn’t yet a production vehicle

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Max wouldn’t have met the rules anyway as thst isn’t yet a production vehicle
How did that work last year before the R1T went into production? Was it just for exhibition?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
How did that work last year before the R1T went into production? Was it just for exhibition?
section 6 of the rebelle rules:
Rivian R1T R1S Rebelle Rally starts up for Rivian R1T piloted by Emme and Rebecca! 1634309621282

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
As best I can tell, the last leg didn't go the greatest for team 140: they appear to have ended up dropping a few places to 5th overall.
Yes, apparently they really struggled in the dunes today. Got stuck, helped out by some other teams.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN

I don't remember ever hearing them say they were going to have a max pack. I do recall them saying they were going to have a "bigger" battery with more range than last year now that they had a production vehicle. Last year they never mentioned specific size or range, but did say at the time it was less than what the "normal" battery was going to be.

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Yeah, bummer. They said the weight of the vehicle was a challenge in the dunes. Although the horsepower and torque could help them through, they had to maintain speed to stay up. But, "couldn't find the line" between too fast and sinking. But hey, a stage win and 5th overall is pretty amazing out of 52 teams. Congrats!!

Rivian R1T R1S Rebelle Rally starts up for Rivian R1T piloted by Emme and Rebecca! 1634397074664

Kaprice

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Quest
Occupation
Marketer
Yeah, bummer. They said the weight of the vehicle was a challenge in the dunes. Although the horsepower and torque could help them through, they had to maintain speed to stay up. But, "couldn't find the line" between too fast and sinking. But hey, a stage win and 5th overall is pretty amazing out of 52 teams. Congrats!!

1634397074664.png
Did they use both their spares? On day 1, I noticed the two spares sticking up from the bed. In this picture, they're nowhere to be found.

Sponsored

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I don't know how much dune running I will be doing, but it would be fun to start if given the opportunity

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Did they use both their spares? On day 1, I noticed the two spares sticking up from the bed. In this picture, they're nowhere to be found.
I dont think they used any of the spares, but they probably took them off since they knew day 7 was sand only. Less weight for those soft dunes.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't remember ever hearing them say they were going to have a max pack. I do recall them saying they were going to have a "bigger" battery with more range than last year now that they had a production vehicle. Last year they never mentioned specific size or range, but did say at the time it was less than what the "normal" battery was going to be.
Emme mentioned that they'd have a max pack in an interview at one point. Zero chance I'll remember which one it was though.

Kaprice

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Quest
Occupation
Marketer
I don't know how much dune running I will be doing, but it would be fun to start if given the opportunity
Really? You read about these two getting stuck in the sand dunes and your takeaway is that you'd really love trying out dune running? :)

I'm not making fun of you. It's just that my takeaway from hearing they got stuck is that I never want to try dune running!

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
not sure how they thought dune running was going to work out with normal all terrain tires. have you ever noticed that all sand vehicles have unique tires with giant fins on them? that's for a reason.
Sponsored