Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
All manufacturers... actually all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

With that said, as a Rivian community, it might be interesting to collect features that would be good to voice to Rivian for future iterations.

If you'd like, please feel free to drop a post with interesting and desired features, software related or hardware requests. We can add polls and geographic analytics to better communicate the future of R1T enhancements.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
All manufacturers... actually all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

With that said, as a Rivian community, it might be interesting to collect features that would be good to voice to Rivian for future iterations.

If you'd like, please feel free to drop a post with interesting and desired features, software related or hardware requests. We can add polls and geographic analytics to better communicate the future of R1T enhancements.
For purposes of camping, id like to see a secure mode option whereas constant motion detection mode is available via vehicle sensors which when triggered various levels of alarming, from visible lights escalating to custom high audible alerts are engaged.

Think bears, critters, and weirdos.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
For purposes of camping, id like to see a secure mode option whereas consistent motion detection mode is available via vehicle sensors which when triggered various levels of alarming, from visible lights escalating to custom high audible alerts are engaged.

Think bears, critters, and weirdos.
They could call it “Gear Guard”

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

17 or 18" wheels for off roading. Yes, the brake calipers would need to be smaller but I'm not exactly looking to race down Argentine Pass. I want more tire sidewall for off roading. Also, ditch the Pirellis and give us a proven AT tire like BFG K02s, or Falken Wildpeaks.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
They could call it “Gear Guard”
Yes. I didn't think of gear guard as a 360deg camp guard option, however, would be interesting to see if future options allowed for remote camera and or setting alerts.. think remote activation while crawling into tent.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
17 or 18" wheels for off roading. Yes, the brake calipers would need to be smaller but I'm not exactly looking to race down Argentine Pass. I want more tire sidewall for off roading. Also, ditch the Pirellis and give us a proven AT tire like BFG K02s, or Falken Wildpeaks.
Side walls seem to be the weak link in the videos posted of flats.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Side walls seem to be the weak link in the videos posted of flats.
Yea, Pirelli isn't exactly known for AT tires. But even with better tires, there is still a good risk of popping a bead. Even with 17s, I carry a power tank and ratchet strap incase it happens.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

eloctrochromatic roof! That's really all I want. well and the winch but that's coming next year with the winch bumper.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Everyone bragging about how awesome it is that the Gear Tunnel doors can be used as steps, to help access loads on the R1T roof racks.

And here I am, just wanting a rad step on my R1S too.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I gotta be the first to say it?

Carplay

At this point its the only thing that scares me as being totally annoying on a day by day basis with the R1T. I want to drop my phone on the charging pad and have wireless carplay just start broadcasting my podcast where I left off and have waze warn me about those pesky cars hiding to hit me with unwelcome radar waves...

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Everyone bragging about how awesome it is that the Gear Tunnel doors can be used as steps, to help access loads on the R1T roof racks.

And here I am, just wanting a rad step on my R1S too.
To my knowledge the R1S has 4 of those. They are called "tires"

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
1)Please give us energy consumption displays, graphs, odometer tables in natural units (Wh/mi) instead of something ridiculous like Mpge.

2)Please give us energy consumption displays, graphs, odometer tables in natural units (Wh/mi) instead of something ridiculous like Mpge.

3)Please give us energy consumption displays, graphs, odometer tables in natural units (Wh/mi) instead of something ridiculous like Mpge.

Etc.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
All manufacturers... acutally all companies including their competitors have or should have their eyes on user forums to gauge interest of their prospective and/or current customers. It gives them trending analysis visibility on concerns and features that impact future sales.

Step tailgate like the Chevy and dodge, folds twice to close distance to bed but also acts as step. I realize it would change the light configuration on the tailgate, makes reaching for spare with fixed rotator cuff surgery feel better. ?

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
To my knowledge the R1S has 4 of those. They are called "tires"
I hope they clearly spell out where those are located like they did in the R1T Owner's Manual! :LOL:

If I'm relegated to one big screen for vehicle operations, at least give me a knob like Mazda's Commander Knob or BMW's iDrive.

I'd also like a better privacy policy that protects my data more, along with a trip-meter and a simple 0-100% battery indicator. Much like my cell phone, I can figure out how long I have on my own, based on my usage, but I want that info available to me at a minimum.

Last edited:

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I gotta be the first to say it?

Carplay

At this point its the only thing that scares me as being totally annoying on a day by day basis. I want to drop my phone on the charging pad and have wireless carplay just start broadcasting my podcast where I left off. Oh and have waze warn me about those pesky cars hiding to hit me with unwelcome radar waves...
My truck is old and before car play / android auto / etc were a thing but doesn't this work with just bluetooth audio? Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.
Sponsored