Dear Rivian...R1T WISHLIST BELOW

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
I'm torn on the rear window. I like the clean lines back there, so I wouldn't want a roll-down window, but a hinged rear window like my FJ has would be nice while not ruining the lines. I've had a number of long (12'+)things hanging out my rear window over the years. On the flip side, I really have enjoyed roll-down windows in the past in old Suburbans and more recently in 4Runners.

i'd go tundra style with the whole piece of glass going down
Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Said before by others, but I'll say it again.

Needs:
Apple Carplay/Android Auto

Communications Needs:
Tell those of us that are in states that are Rivian unfriendly exactly which laws are holding things up and give us some boiler plate to go scream at idiots about, dunno about anyone else but those of us in states that are causing you problems are mad about not getting our vehicles and need someone to yell at.

If there are any laws slowing you down from putting RAN in at state owned things, let us know what laws and a boiler plate on what would fix it so we again can channel our frustration on representatives that deserve it

Vendors that carry 21" tires, because the ones I know of you search on a 21" wheel and none exist.

Dates on When Max Pack will start being produced in R1T, if one will come in the R1S and when, and any trade offs.

Weight limits for the gear tunnel doors, can my fat butt get on it or will i snap it off

Random Wishlist

Work with someone like Dometic and make a two door fridge/freezer for the frunk.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
360/Birds-eye view camera system (maybe coming already)
Rear window rolldown like the Tundra/4Runner
Powered extending/folding running boards
Apple Carplay/AA
Dog mode
Winter tire package/or rim downsize for aftermarket options

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
Said before by others, but I'll say it again.

Needs:
Apple Carplay/Android Auto

Communications Needs:
Tell those of us that are in states that are Rivian unfriendly exactly which laws are holding things up and give us some boiler plate to go scream at idiots about, dunno about anyone else but those of us in states that are causing you problems are mad about not getting our vehicles and need someone to yell at.

If there are any laws slowing you down from putting RAN in at state owned things, let us know what laws and a boiler plate on what would fix it so we again can channel our frustration on representatives that deserve it

Vendors that carry 21" tires, because the ones I know of you search on a 21" wheel and none exist.

Dates on When Max Pack will start being produced in R1T, if one will come in the R1S and when, and any trade offs.

Weight limits for the gear tunnel doors, can my fat butt get on it or will i snap it off

Random Wishlist

Work with someone like Dometic and make a two door fridge/freezer for the frunk.
I agree. Am suspecting amazon has a lock on it with Alexa due to early investment.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Side walls seem to be the weak link in the videos posted of flats.
To be fair, at least in the JRE flat video caught on tape, that particular impact would have shredded pretty much any tire. Jabbing enormous rocks directly into the sidewall is Not Advised.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I like that setup but I don’t think that will work with a Rivian cab. The lower portion of the R1T cab is angled forward to accommodate the gear tunnel. I think it would have to be closer to vertical to allow the rigid glass to drop down.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
To be fair, at least in the JRE flat video caught on tape, that particular impact would have shredded pretty much any tire. Jabbing enormous rocks directly into the sidewall is Not Advised.
Think that should have been avoidable via monitoring the front facing tire cameras? Had a suspicion that was intentional to get a photo op to try out the spare tire.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
My list:
  1. Dog Mode
  2. Cab-height and mid-height OEM bed rack options
  3. More gear shuttle accessories (some spacious bins would be my #1 request)
  4. Remote access to Gear Guard cams

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
Think that should have been avoidable via monitoring the front facing tire cameras? Had a suspicion that was intentional to get a photo op to try out the spare tire.
I suppose, but it could have been an easy oversight. Looked like the trailcams were pretty low-FPS too, so I can't imagine they were glued to them unless in specific technical portions.

Flags happen. With hours of pretty serious offroading across a dozen vehicles, a few flats were inevitable. That's what the full sized spare is for.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
My list:
  1. Dog Mode
  2. Cab-height and mid-height OEM bed rack options
  3. More gear shuttle accessories (some spacious bins would be my #1 request)
  4. Remote access to Gear Guard cams
Remote access to toggle on and off and view cameras for gear guard would be really useful.. wonder if privacy concerns and hacking would be expensive to maintain. I would pay for that to be an add-on to the adventure membership.

Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I'm thinking R1S in my case, but I can see R1T guys wanting some function back there too. I think most would be willing to lose the gear tunnel access inside the cab, but would rather have the gear tunnel over the operable rear window.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
I'm thinking R1S in my case, but I can see R1T guys wanting some function back there too. I think most would be willing to lose the gear tunnel access inside the cab, but would rather have the gear tunnel over the operable rear window.
Wouldn't want to lose gear tunnel, I'd settle for sliders.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
Access to the Tesla Supercharger network
That would be a game changer. However. ,based on this mornings news about Elon griping more about Rivians alleged poaching of Tesla employees and technology, it might be less likely to happen.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I will say, I recently went from a Highlander (with a rear glass that pops open) to a QX60 (that has no such option). And I miss it incredibly.

With that out of the way, I'm hoping the 2-part lift that Rivian has going will function close enough to make little difference. Genuinely excited for the split lift gate.
Sponsored