First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Not really a feature on the vehicle itself, but #1 on my list is a more transparent and concrete plan for service and deliveries. They are building a network from scratch. I get it. And I'm fine with first deliveries going to those geographic centers with highest demand. But it doesn't seem too hard to give a couple of details like what the mile/drive time radius of a service center will be. Based on their IPO filing and what their factory capacity projections are right now, even with the current chip issues it sure feels like they would have the production capability to fill all preorders by the end of 2022. I'm sure they are still looking for real estate in a lot of these locations, but just give us some framework of a regional plan. In my case, that would be something as simple as saying they are shooting for a service center in central Ohio that could service Western PA. Just put a national service center planning map out like they did for their charging network with the caveat that icons don't represent actual final locations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
Not really a feature on the vehicle itself, but #1 on my list is a more transparent and concrete plan for service and deliveries. They are building a network from scratch. I get it. And I'm fine with first deliveries going to those geographic centers with highest demand. But it doesn't seem too hard to give a couple of details like what the mile/drive time radius of a service center will be. Based on their IPO filing and what their factory capacity projections are right now, even with the current chip issues it sure feels like they would have the production capability to fill all preorders by the end of 2022. I'm sure they are still looking for real estate in a lot of these locations, but just give us some framework of a regional plan. In my case, that would be something as simple as saying they are shooting for a service center in central Ohio that could service Western PA. Just put a national service center planning map out like they did for their charging network with the caveat that icons don't represent actual final locations.
1000% agreed. TESLA claimed to have excellent customer service, which they had. They have since ditched that effort in favor of complete non-human interface and abusive business practices. EXACTLY why the franchise dealership model was created. Not for no direct sales to consumers, but monolith corporate steamroller is underway with Tesla.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
17 or 18" wheels for off roading. Yes, the brake calipers would need to be smaller but I'm not exactly looking to race down Argentine Pass. I want more tire sidewall for off roading. Also, ditch the Pirellis and give us a proven AT tire like BFG K02s, or Falken Wildpeaks.
I think we're going to find that those tires are engineered to give us good rolling resistance on smooth roads and that we will not want to ditch them as they will be needed for 316 miles range. Want to swap them out for off road? Fine.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

1. Traditional glass panoramic moon roof that opens
2. Flat floor in back seat when folded up
3. Apple Carplay
4. Back window that opens
5. Start working on a kickass adventure van :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
1. Traditional glass panoramic moon roof that opens
2. Flat floor in back seat when folded up
3. Apple Carplay
4. Back window that opens
5. Start working on a kickass adventure van :)
That Van has been on my mind!!! Top of my list.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I'm torn on the rear window. I like the clean lines back there, so I wouldn't want a roll-down window, but a hinged rear window like my FJ has would be nice while not ruining the lines. I've had a number of long (12'+)things hanging out my rear window over the years. On the flip side, I really have enjoyed roll-down windows in the past in old Suburbans and more recently in 4Runners.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
My truck is old and before car play / android auto / etc were a thing but doesn't this work with just bluetooth audio? Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.
There are like 50 threads on this topic and I DONT want this one to turn into one of those. Carplay/Android Auto are not perfect but what they give you is the ability to use apps from your phone natively in your display. For me, Waze marks hidden and visible police officers and their speedtraps, you can see it on the nav screen as you are driving a few miles away. This is invaluable, what it does is give us the consumer more options as people create apps that run on the phone.

The other I use a lot is it reads me my texts while I am driving.

Not a dealbreaker but once you get used to the convenience you dont want to give it up AND I like the idea of leveraging the app stores on our phones to create innovation that makes our lives easier as we drive.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Yakima tent is cool. Snowpeak cookery is too. Excited to see more third-party integrations in the hardware: Yeti/RTIC coolers. ARB/Dometic powered coolers.

OP
OP
Riviandog

Riviandog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s , model y
Occupation
RF Engineer
Yakima tent is cool. Snowpeak cookery is too. Excited to see more third-party integrations in the hardware: Yeti/RTIC coolers. ARB/Dometic powered coolers.
The possibilities and collaborations are endless... charge stations at all REIs?

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Was thinking of a fridge that rides on top of the gear tunnel shuttle, modular and portable.
Hey that's where my kitchen is though. We need food with the kitchen.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
would love the ability to use OnX maps on the screen
You might be in luck at some point. OnX uses mapbox as foundational tech; as does Rivian.
Sponsored