Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Looks like that original ATL permit application is closed, and they've filed a new one. Don't think we can get any better confirmation that this is the place than the description listed here!

Cost of construction is $2,290,400. I don't think there's a way to download the attachments, unfortunately. I took a quick glance at some other random records and didn't see a way to do it in those either. It might require an email or call to the permit office, but I'm way too lazy to do that myself!

You can currently download the application form, but its information is on the status page anyway.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.45.39 AM
Sponsored

ruawahoo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade and CX-5

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Here is a ton more information from the Denver Permits...details on chargers, signs, layouts, etc. Also looks like they have a big office just for deliveries and services. Found info on the L2 chargers, but not the L3s. L2s seem to be Clipper Creek Chargers as well.
1627508920171.png

1627508948960.png

1627509042592.png

1627509109019.png

1627509137658.png

1627509293713.png

1627509512446.png

This answers an important question for me. North Denver isn't far from Erie..

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
FYI: going to swing by the Phoenix, AZ location this weekend and will try to send pics of construction progress. Last we checked in was about 4 weeks ago and construction was well underway, so I'm sure a lot has been done since.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

So a little more digging into the Miami, FL location, did an inquiry while submitting for a permit for work and it looks like the submitted plans didn’t get approved, all aspects, building, plumbing, electrical, etc. as of may 2021 and new plans have yet to be submitted. We’re in for the long haul guys, we’ll in Miami that is.

Sponsored

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
FYI: going to swing by the Phoenix, AZ location this weekend and will try to send pics of construction progress. Last we checked in was about 4 weeks ago and construction was well underway, so I'm sure a lot has been done since.
Not a ton of progress. The vehicle lifts are installed but the tenant improvements have been slow, still thinking it is 4-6 weeks out from completion though.

bhughes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Not a ton of progress. The vehicle lifts are installed but the tenant improvements have been slow, still thinking it is 4-6 weeks out from completion though.
I assume you’re talking about the Central location. Because I just drove by 1075 East Salter Drive… and they have a lot more to do. Does this mean Arizona is further down the priority list?

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
I assume you’re talking about the Central location. Because I just drove by 1075 East Salter Drive… and they have a lot more to do. Does this mean Arizona is further down the priority list?
The Central location isn’t going to be a service center or showroom or anything like. It’s just a corporate address likely for their Wittman test facility.

The Salter location is under active construction which is a great sign. The process seems to be that a service center is a prerequisite before Guides start reaching out to schedule deliveries in a particular area, so Arizona will probably come up later this winter.

What did you see when you saw it just now? The person above who said the lifts are installed means progress has definitely been made since I last looked at it because those weren’t there before.

bhughes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Central location isn’t going to be a service center or showroom or anything like. It’s just a corporate address likely for their Wittman test facility.

The Salter location is under active construction which is a great sign. The process seems to be that a service center is a prerequisite before Guides start reaching out to schedule deliveries in a particular area, so Arizona will probably come up later this winter.

What did you see when you saw it just now? The person above who said the lifts are installed means progress has definitely been made since I last looked at it because those weren’t there before.
Ah, thanks for the clarification! Thought the Central address was an odd choice, but now that makes sense.

There were tarps over some of the side windows. So it could be that my view was obstructed and the lifts are installed on the furthest West wall. That’s the only part I couldn’t see.

Also, I noted that they have additional drywall to complete, so it’s odd they put up what looked like paint tarps. Maybe they’ve taken notice of us spying and are trying to conceal progress haha.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Ah, thanks for the clarification! Thought the Central address was an odd choice, but now that makes sense.

There were tarps over some of the side windows. So it could be that my view was obstructed and the lifts are installed on the furthest West wall. That’s the only part I couldn’t see.

Also, I noted that they have additional drywall to complete, so it’s odd they put up what looked like paint tarps. Maybe they’ve taken notice of us spying and are trying to conceal progress haha.
If there were tarps on the windows, that’s definitely new haha. I used to be able to go right up and put my face on the glass.

When I was there last they had big trenches cut out of the concrete slab and were running new plumbing and electrical along with HVAC.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I think I discovered the Portland Oregon Location for the Service Center. A friend told me they received a request to quote some construction and it had mention of Rivian. The site address is 2620 SW 1st Ave. It's the location of the La Grand Industrial Supply Co that closed. Does anyone know how to confirm this?
building 1.jpg
Building 2.jpg
Several permits filed for this location on 9/28. For an automotive service tenant including installing charging stations in the parking lot. Seems we can add this address to the list.

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/permit/2021-089252-000-00-MT/4729819_did/

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/permit/2021-089246-000-00-CO/4729813_did/?p=R272232

Also if anyone is interested this is a plans for some demo work that was final in June.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone know of any service centers in Texas that have started renovations?

Blg3404

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Radiology Tech (For now)
Anybody know how to sleuth building permits by permit-holder in IL? I'd very much like to know where they plan on having a retail center in Chicago.
Same for Cleveland! I'd make a great ops manager at that one...lol

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
The service center near 7th St and Deer Valley. I popped by last Friday and there was an opening in the plastic to get a pic. The good news is they are painting the ceiling which means the utility work should be complete. There really is not much left to a design like this besides a drop ceiling in the waiting area/office, carpet, cabinets, furniture. I would think an opening by Thanksgiving is possible. Note the vehicle lifts under plastic tarps to the right.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) RivianService100821A
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) RivianService100821B

bhughes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The service center near 7th St and Deer Valley. I popped by last Friday and there was an opening in the plastic to get a pic. The good news is they are painting the ceiling which means the utility work should be complete. There really is not much left to a design like this besides a drop ceiling in the waiting area/office, carpet, cabinets, furniture. I would think an opening by Thanksgiving is possible. Note the vehicle lifts under plastic tarps to the right.
RivianService100821A.jpg
RivianService100821B.jpg
Great pics! Very happy to see progress. I couldn’t see all of this during my visit Wednesday. Throw some epoxy flooring down and open up!
Sponsored