kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

That last pic is the truck that went through the water trough. Where are those plates from? My phone's screen is too limited for me to make out the state look the state.

Michigan with a M in the middle for Manufacturer.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That is awesome. I’ve probably never driven through more than a few inches of standing water but to know that I could drive through 40”+ of water is insane.
The R1T appears to be Forest Green with a front facia of Launch Green.

Did I see that right?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The R1T appears to be Forest Green with a front facia of Launch Green.

Did I see that right?
I think so. Someone must have had some unintentional fun.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That is awesome. I’ve probably never driven through more than a few inches of standing water but to know that I could drive through 40”+ of water is insane.
went back and watched this a bit more closely. Looks like they took the passenger seat(s) out, and loaded the bed up with some weights.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

went back and watched this a bit more closely. Looks like they took the passenger seat(s) out, and loaded the bed up with some weights.
SeaGeo,

It does look like rocks or some other weight is added to the back. I remember a long time ago RJ mentioning that a limiting factor in water crossing is that the R1T actually starts to float in deeper water. From my phone, I'm not sure if or why they took the rear seats out, but that was a good catch on the ballast in the bed.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
SeaGeo,

It does look like rocks or some other weight is added to the back. I remember a long time ago RJ mentioning that a limiting factor in water crossing is that the R1T actually starts to float in deeper water. From my phone, I'm not sure if or why they took the rear seats out, but that was a good catch on the ballast in the bed.
Looked like sandbags in the bed.
Likely they had seats etc out to be able to observe any water ingress. Thus the people inside looking around on the floor. ?

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
This thread is a gem of real-world photos and helpful in thinking about colors. Only problem is it's 184+ pages :clap:

This is a long shot, but does anyone know if there's a way to bulk download the images in this thread? I think it'd be worth organizing them by colors so folks who are still on the fence can reference a large data set without having to click through hundreds of times.

Sponsored

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

This thread is a gem of real-world photos and helpful in thinking about colors. Only problem is it's 184+ pages :clap:

This is a long shot, but does anyone know if there's a way to bulk download the images in this thread? I think it'd be worth organizing them by colors so folks who are still on the fence can reference a large data set without having to click through hundreds of times.
Probably not what you are looking for exactly but if you do a google image search with "site:https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/real-rivian-photos-videos.885" as the search parameter it will show you all of the uploaded photos. Unfortunately many are twitter links that it won't pick up.

site:https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/real-rivian-photos-videos.885/ - Google Search

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

That yellow is nice looking ?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
For the yellow team, there is a quick shot of the compass yellow in her post
Nice! That first yellow R1T had black mirror caps, which is a nice touch because it implies they will be showcasing the "explore" packages as well during their events / test drives.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

gd,

If you hit the magnifying glass in the upper right corner, and then hit the icon for "Image search" and then enter a color, like Launch Green, it'll open up a sea of pictures from around the interweb, including these Forums, in that color.

Keep entering different terms that you're looking for, and it'll keep feeding pics (and videos?) to you.

I hope that helps.
Sponsored