Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

Thanksgramps

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS V Sport
Hi All

Boston Jan 2021 R1T max preorder here. Hoping to find a new way to get to work (when that happens again), up to the ski condo in Vermont (200 miles) and tote toys and home projects around. Oh yeah, and smoke a Porsche off the line on occasion.

Also hoping the tax incentives don’t force me to cancel the Adventure package!

Thank you to all long term enthusiasts for sharing so much insight on this site.
Sponsored

DocAdvocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Rivian
Hi All,

I'm not a pre-order holder nor was I following the brand too closely until my partner was hired by Rivian this past year. Since then I've been turned onto their product and can't wait to see one in my driveway! Now the decision is whether we go with an R1S or an R1T (if I can convince them!)

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Hi everybody, July 21 r1t preorder holder. Currently driving a tacoma averaging 17 mpg. Working as a realtor in socal driving over 100 miles some days I'm very much looking forward to not paying $4 plus a gallon for gas. This forum and rivian stories has been amazing for getting info on the daily.

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Hi everybody, July 21 r1t preorder holder. Currently driving a tacoma averaging 17 mpg. Working as a realtor in socal driving over 100 miles some days I'm very much looking forward to not paying $4 plus a gallon for gas. This forum and rivian stories has been amazing for getting info on the daily.
Welcome

Ssaehrig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Durango SRT, 2013 GMC Acadia
Occupation
IT Executive
Hi All, just wanted to say Hi. New to the forum. My name is Steven and I am a preorder holder from October 20 for the R1T. Drive a Durango SRT now which I love the power but not the fuel!

Sponsored

Louie

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 X5 50i Msport, 2019 F150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Hi All! Louie here-- preorder holder for a R1T max + adventure pack in Rivian blue with 20" all-terrains. Seattle based, currently driving a 2019 f150 lariat ecoboost and 2015 x5 50i. Rivian will replace the F150.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hi All, just wanted to say Hi. New to the forum. My name is Steven and I am a preorder holder from October 20 for the R1T. Drive a Durango SRT now which I love the power but not the fuel!
Steven,

Welcome to the group! Have fun poking around the Forums. Lots of great people and any number of subjects to dive into. Quite a few here doing the same as you in getting away from good-sized Dino-diners.

Enjoy!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hi All! Louie here-- preorder holder for a R1T max + adventure pack in Rivian blue with 20" all-terrains. Seattle based, currently driving a 2019 f150 lariat ecoboost and 2015 x5 50i. Rivian will replace the F150.
Nice. Welcome, there are a lot of us in the PNW.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Louie,

Good to see another PNW person putting another F-150 out to pasture. Have fun with the folks here. This Forum has given me so much joy and fun, especially since those things have been suffering the same shortages as everything else.

Dive in and have fun!

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Hello All, my name is Tylee from Portland, Oregon.

I am a R1T pre-order holder. I placed my pre-order in May 2021. I heard about Rivian when they first announced in 2018, and I wish I would have ordered then.

I am looking forward to the R1T being my “everything” vehicle. We currently have a 2018 Subaru WRX STI, a 2004 Subaru WRX (I know….2….we were supposed to sell the 04, but my wife couldn’t part with it), a 1996 Ford Ranger (which suits truck needs) and a 1989 Daihatsu Mira (likely a car no one has heard of, it’s a Kai car from Japan). The problem is the truck is used for hauling things, but it’s a single cab so my wife and I can’t bring the dogs. If we take a Subaru, we have room for the dogs, something quick and fun to drive, but not much cargo space.

I have considered a F150, it would work to meet our needs, but I really want our next “car” to be electric. I WILL get the R1T because it seems like the performance will be that of a car, the utility of a truck, and the space of a SUV. I am also a engineer and love design. I like how Rivian has taken a unique and awesome approach to the truck. I love the quad motor design and gear tunnel.

I also feel like I’m a bit of an outlier compared to other prospective Rivian buyers, being that I am 31 and the R1T will be the vehicle our future children will ride in.

I’m super excited to begin my electric journey! Rivian, I would love a tour/drive at the factory if you are looking for another 10 ;)

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hello All, my name is Tylee from Portland, Oregon.

I am a R1T pre-order holder. I placed my pre-order in May 2021. I heard about Rivian when they first announced in 2018, and I wish I would have ordered then.

I am looking forward to the R1T being my “everything” vehicle. We currently have a 2018 Subaru WRX STI, a 2004 Subaru WRX (I know….2….we were supposed to sell the 04, but my wife couldn’t part with it), a 1996 Ford Ranger (which suits truck needs) and a 1989 Daihatsu Mira (likely a car no one has heard of, it’s a Kai car from Japan). The problem is the truck is used for hauling things, but it’s a single cab so my wife and I can’t bring the dogs. If we take a Subaru, we have room for the dogs, something quick and fun to drive, but not much cargo space.

I have considered a F150, it would work to meet our needs, but I really want our next car to be electric. I’m interested in the Rivian because it seems like the performance will be that of a car, the utility of a truck, and the space of a SUV. I am also a engineer and love design. I like how Rivian has taken a unique and awesome approach to the truck. I love the quad motor design and gear tunnel.

I also need like I’m a bit of an outlier compared to other prospective Rivian buyers, being that I am 31.

I’m super excited to begin my electric journey! Rivian, I would love a tour/drive at the factory if you are looking for another 10 ;)
Welcome fellow PNW millennial who wants a fun truck that's also ⚡. I've wanted an electric Tacoma for quite a long time, nearly bought a Ridgeline because of its versatility but I don't tow much, and am eagerly awaiting all the tricks the R1T will have while (hopefully) reminding my of my XC60 for the quality of the interior. I have even pre-ordered an R1S for my wife as I'm fairly certain she will try to take over the R1T exert some influence over it following the test drive events. Lol.

I'm also definitely looking to see if I can do pick up my truck from Normal and do a tour when mine is available. Being part of a ln engagement tour would be awesome, but I refuse to get my hopes up like that. Lol.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Welcome fellow PNW millennial who wants a fun truck that's also ⚡. I've wanted an electric Tacoma for quite a long time, nearly bought a Ridgeline because of its versatility but I don't tow much, and am eagerly awaiting all the tricks the R1T will have while (hopefully) reminding my of my XC60 for the quality of the interior.
Yay! Hello fellow PNW fan. I can’t wait for the day we can do meet ups with other Rivian owners.

Not sure Toyota will do an electric Tacoma anytime soon, isn’t Toyota pushing back against electric?

Yeah, I drive from Portland to Seattle occasionally and I would love to try the Driver+ on this trip. The Rivian will be my first luxury interior, and I’m definitely excited for that!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Welcome, Mcfly!

Between these two sites, you'll find a great combo of news, opinions, pictures, and videos about all things Rivian. Collectively, they provide a wealth of information and insights without forcing you to scrounge around the internet and elsewhere.

Occasionally, you'll find seemingly unrelated, long-winded stories that include weak attempts at humor, but enough about me.

Get ready for some fun, and the upcoming chance to pass on the gas!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yay! Hello fellow PNW fan. I can’t wait for the day we can do meet ups with other Rivian owners.

Not sure Toyota will do an electric Tacoma anytime soon, isn’t Toyota pushing back against electric?

Yeah, I drive from Portland to Seattle occasionally and I would love to try the Driver+ on this trip. The Rivian will be my first luxury interior, and I’m definitely excited for that!
Check out the PNW thread. We're trying to coordinate attending one of the events at the sime time for a bit of a meetup.

Yeah, Toyota has been very disappointing regarding EVs.

Having driver assistance systems like Driver+ is super nice for reducing fatigue. I think the one thing I'll miss with the interior is massaging seats. My ID.4 has it, and we've grown accustomed to it as a nice little perk for sure.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Check out the PNW thread. We're trying to coordinate attending one of the events at the sime time for a bit of a meetup.

Yeah, Toyota has been very disappointing regarding EVs.

Having driver assistance systems like Driver+ is super nice for reducing fatigue. I think the one thing I'll miss with the interior is massaging seats. My ID.4 has it, and we've grown accustomed to it as a nice little perk for sure.
Awesome! I’ll check it out. Wow, didn’t know the ID.4 has that, I’ve never had massaging seats, so I guess I don’t know what I’m missing lol
Sponsored