Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

OEVA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oeva.org
Vehicles
many
Thought I'd drop a note in the intro section since @DuckTruck mentioned a meeting here. I'll post details in the Local/Northwest forum.

The Oregon Electric Vehicle Association is a chapter of the Electric Auto Association based in the Portland area. After we were founded in the mid-90's a couple of other Oregon chapters have sprung up, but we retained the generic "Oregon" name (SOHEVA is in Ashland and Emerald Valley is in Eugene).

The EAA and it's chapters are nonprofits that promote the adoption of EVs without being brand specific. Owners and enthusiasts work together share their experiences. The EAA was founded in 1978 - well before OEM EVs were available hence conversions of ICE vehicles are the roots of the Association. The EAA is one of the national sponsors/organizers for National Drive Electric Week and Drive Electric Earth Day.

Our website is still stuck in a time gone by (perpetually on the to-do list) but you can find us here:
http://www.oeva.org/

If any of you have checked out the EV Showcase at the Portland Auto Show, you likely got a chance to chat with at least one or two members of the OEVA
Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 1629303132382

If you are interested in EVs and want to either learn more and/or help promote them to the general public, you might check out a local chapter. Most host local meetups, ride and drive events, shows, etc.

For those not in the Oregon area, a list of chapters can be found here:
https://www.electricauto.org/chapter-list
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Specifically the one named Skyler. Very untrustworthy.

The Jimmy guy is great. Very humble. Terrible sense of humor though.
SeaGeo,

You are a quick study! I'm not naming names, but I can hear my friend from Arkansas' voice in my head right now, "Bubba, I gotta tell ya sumthin'. See that boy right there? He aint right!"

Nope! Not namin' names....
?

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
@Mcfly Rivian , you gotta watch out for those Rivian Stories dudes, they're a mess! ;)
[/QUOTE]

@skyote I hear you those guys need to get it together! Slackers take forever to put out content. ?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Hello everyone,
Late 2019 reservation , I’ve been on here awhile enjoying all the conversation and now that a few of you are famous just wanted to reach out and share my enthusiasm for this truck! Those videos and messages from RJ really grabbed me and pumped me back up. I kept thinking the longer I wait the easier it would be to slip into the competition, but I really don’t want to be that sheep. … ? fords idea of v2h was so profound to come out of the box with that had me thinking how cool that would be. Hummers 4 wheel crab crawl looks cool but it’s still not gonna got in my garage. I have a Ford F-150 I live in the Midwest in Ohio, Mason área and also have a vacation home in Pensacola. I look forward to many trips with the wife and two boys to many of our beautiful national parks. Thanks to everyone here for making the wait not seem so bad. ? lots of great information! Look forward to my own test drive hope they release some dates and around the corner soon! ;)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hello everyone,
Late 2019 reservation , I’ve been on here awhile enjoying all the conversation and now that a few of you are famous just wanted to reach out and share my enthusiasm for this truck! Those videos and messages from RJ really grabbed me and pumped me back up. I kept thinking the longer I wait the easier it would be to slip into the competition, but I really don’t want to be that sheep. … ? fords idea of v2h was so profound to come out of the box with that had me thinking how cool that would be. Hummers 4 wheel crab crawl looks cool but it’s still not gonna got in my garage. I have a Ford F-150 I live in the Midwest in Ohio, Mason área and also have a vacation home in Pensacola. I look forward to many trips with the wife and two boys to many of our beautiful national parks. Thanks to everyone here for making the wait not seem so bad. ? lots of great information! Look forward to my own test drive hope they release some dates and around the corner soon! ;)
Glad you have stepped I'm and said hello! What's your configuration? Anything you're particularly excited for?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hello everyone,
Blur1t,

Welcome to the playground! I really think the actual deliveries will prove the age old adage that "Good things come to those who wait!". Many companies (some legacy, some fantasy) are attempting to steal Rivian's thunder. Many may make nice trucks, but Rivian is making the truck for me.

Good to know you're hanging in there, and have fun with your fellow Riviots here in the meantime!

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to join in the fun. I reserved a Launch Edition R1S about a year ago after being on the fence about this new company for a very long time. Seeing them come out of hiding and slowly building confidence over time convinced me to put down the reservation. Also, seeing the community excitement around the company and passionate discussions (mostly from this forum) made want to contribute to the community too.

Eagerly awaiting to share real life adventures with everyone here in the near future.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to join in the fun. I reserved a Launch Edition R1S about a year ago after being on the fence about this new company for a very long time. Seeing them come out of hiding and slowly building confidence over time convinced me to put down the reservation. Also, seeing the community excitement around the company and passionate discussions (mostly from this forum) made want to contribute to the community too.

Eagerly awaiting to share real life adventures with everyone here in the near future.
Great to have you on board! Enjoy the give and take here! Whereabout in Texas is home? Lots of Texans here in these Forums.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Glad you have stepped I'm and said hello! What's your configuration? Anything you're particularly excited for?
Going out on a limb here, but I'm going to say blue R1T. Profile pic & username seem to be pretty strong hints.

@Blur1t @BrayBay welcome!

And I can never see the word blur without thinking "woohoo".

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
I have LE in blue with the light interior with all the goodies except the the camp kitchen. Really think I might switch to 400 mile range but waiting till my guide contacts me. I was thinking that I wanted to get two sets of wheels but in reality I know I will not feel like taking the time to swap them out in my slanted driveway…I really love all the colors but blue is my favorite color and never owned a blue vehicle, I think the yellow is a close second. The all terrain wheels really look the best! Love those yellow Brembo calipers.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Going out on a limb here, but I'm going to say blue R1T. Profile pic & username seem to be pretty strong hints.

@Blur1t @BrayBay welcome!

And I can never see the word blur without thinking "woohoo".

Me too, showing our age!! That’s my plate currently, would not allow for separation nor enough characters to properly spell it… ;)

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Great to have you on board! Enjoy the give and take here! Whereabout in Texas is home? Lots of Texans here in these Forums.
Thanks for the warm welcome. If you don't mind me being a little indirect and playing a guessing game, I chose my username the same way Rivan chose its name. That will give you a hint of where in Texas I'm in ;)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks for the warm welcome. If you don't mind me being a little indirect and playing a guessing game, I chose my username the same way Rivan chose its name. That will give you a hint of where in Texas I'm in ;)
Baytown, is it?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Bray Cove/Mesquite Bay?

I've been close, have a crazy bachelor party story about Seadrift/POC, and have multiple friends with places in Indianola.

Was just in Indianola three weeks ago for a wedding...
Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20210731_150505