Sponsored

Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Awesome! I’ll check it out. Wow, didn’t know the ID.4 has that, I’ve never had massaging seats, so I guess I don’t know what I’m missing lol
Funny story, my wife and I test drove an e-tron. She wouldn't take the time to let my show her the massaging seats because they thought it was a total waste and dumb. Then she tried them in the ID.4 after we bought it (as a transitional car while I wait for the R1T) and now she turns the damn things on every time she's in the car. :giggle: I haven't had ventilated seats though, so I'll consider it a fair swap to avoid a hot rear in the summer.
Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Welcome, Mcfly!

Between these two sites, you'll find a great combo of news, opinions, pictures, and videos about all things Rivian. Collectively, they provide a wealth of information and insights without forcing you to scrounge around the internet and elsewhere.

Occasionally, you'll find seemingly unrelated, long-winded stories that include weak attempts at humor, but enough about me.

Get ready for some fun, and the upcoming chance to pass on the gas!
Thanks Ducktruck! I've been watching your videos and feedback from the recent preorder event over the past week. Like so many have mentioned thanks for sharing. It's definitely got me stoked thru the roof for this truck. I've been following rivian sense 2018. At the time I couldn't have imagined I could afford a vehicle like this. Fortunately now I can, wish I had gotten in early enough for a LE.

Side note my wife bought me a Porsche track experience last month. Drove a 911 turbo s and a electric taycan turbo. Got to experience full launch control. The fact that this truck goes zero to 60 as fast as the 150 grand taycan turbo and .4 off the 200 grand 911 turbo s is mind blowing. These are super cars that can seat 5, store all the gear you will ever need , and crush it off road.

Can't wait to hear your full review when you take delivery.

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Side note my wife bought me a Porsche track experience last month. Drove a 911 turbo s and a electric tycan turbo.
How did you like the experience? I've been contemplating doing that for years now.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Yay! Hello fellow PNW fan. I can’t wait for the day we can do meet ups with other Rivian owners.

Not sure Toyota will do an electric Tacoma anytime soon, isn’t Toyota pushing back against electric?

Yeah, I drive from Portland to Seattle occasionally and I would love to try the Driver+ on this trip. The Rivian will be my first luxury interior, and I’m definitely excited for that!
Tyleem111,

I'm in Beaverton and just got together this evening with another of our local Forum members for a beer (I hope to do the same with SeaGeo soon). It was great to visit face-to-face. I hope to meet any and all Portland-area+ Riviots soon, individually or collectively, to allow us to get to know each other before our vehicles show up.

There should be some news here in the next week about local EV-related meetings in Portland coming up in the near future. For now, I'll just say keep the evening of Thursday, September 9th, open. In the meantime, I encourage anyone to message me personally, or in these public forums. There's lots to talk about.

SeaGeo and anyone else willing to make the drive is always welcome and I'm not opposed to heading North to meet. We've visited over the phone, but there's substitute for actually getting together in person. I found that out tonight, and recently in Normal.

Let's get this Adventure rolling!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hi All,

I'm not a pre-order holder nor was I following the brand too closely until my partner was hired by Rivian this past year. Since then I've been turned onto their product and can't wait to see one in my driveway! Now the decision is whether we go with an R1S or an R1T (if I can convince them!)
DocAdvocate,

Great to have you on board and I can’t wait to hear if you were able to influence the decision to go your way? Out of curiosity, which one are you hoping for? You can’t go wrong either way!

Have fun poking around here and don’t be afraid to share any proprietary information you may come across. You can trust us. It’s the people we tell you can’t trust. ?

Sponsored

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
How did you like the experience? I've been contemplating doing that for years now.
It was really fun, I got 30 mins in each car. You get some laps on the track, wet skid pad, slalom, and launch control on the back straight. I would highly recommend it. Also due to covid you have the car to yourself. You follow your instructor in a lead car and listen on the radio. The only drawback is your going to want one. ?

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Tyleem111,

I'm in Beaverton and just got together this evening with another of our local Forum members for a beer (I hope to do the same with SeaGeo soon). It was great to visit face-to-face. I hope to meet any and all Portland-area+ Riviots soon, individually or collectively, to allow us to get to know each other before our vehicles show up.

There should be some news here in the next week about local EV-related meetings in Portland coming up in the near future. For now, I'll just say keep the evening of Thursday, September 9th, open. In the meantime, I encourage anyone to message me personally, or in these public forums. There's lots to talk about.

SeaGeo and anyone else willing to make the drive is always welcome and I'm not opposed to heading North to meet. We've visited over the phone, but there's substitute for actually getting together in person. I found that out tonight, and recently in Normal.

Let's get this Adventure rolling!
Crazy! Such a small world! You’re a stones throw from me. I am by 185th and HWY 26. I would love to grab beers sometime, I’ll message you.

Ooo, you have me intrigued and excited! I will definitely block that evening out.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Funny story, my wife and I test drove an e-tron. She wouldn't take the time to let my show her the massaging seats because they thought it was a total waste and dumb. Then she tried them in the ID.4 after we bought it (as a transitional car while I wait for the R1T) and now she turns the damn things on every time she's in the car. :giggle: I haven't had ventilated seats though, so I'll consider it a fair swap to avoid a hot rear in the summer.
Haha that’s funny! I felt the same way about heated seats once they started to become an option. Then once I got them, I love them! Yes, the ventilated would be awesome!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks Ducktruck! I've been watching your videos and feedback from the recent preorder event over the past week. Like so many have mentioned thanks for sharing. It's definitely got me stoked thru the roof for this truck. I've been following rivian sense 2018. At the time I couldn't have imagined I could afford a vehicle like this. Fortunately now I can, wish I had gotten in early enough for a LE.

Side note my wife bought me a Porsche track experience last month. Drove a 911 turbo s and a electric tycan turbo. Got to experience full launch control. The fact that this truck goes zero to 60 as fast as the 150 grand tycan turbo and .4 off the 200 grand 911 turbo is is mind blowing. These are super cars that can seat 5, store all the gear you will ever need , and crush it off road.

Can't wait to hear your full review when you take delivery.
Mcfly,

Glad to hear you've enjoyed my feedback from the event. It was so much fun! I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'm sorry to hear you weren't in early enough for the LE, but I'm glad to hear you're on track now. I look forward to hearing what you're thinking about for your configuration.

Regarding a review, I'll be posting a comprehensive take on everything about it shortly after receiving it, including pics and video. I can't wait!

A buddy invited me on a Porsche rally this past weekend and a really nice couple was in the Taycan Turbo S below. Sitting in a sea of beautiful 911s, incl. 991's, 992's, GT3's & GT4's, and other vintage models, the Taycan stole my attention (but not my heart, that belongs to my upcoming R1T). The couple just loves that thing and they were great to visit with.

They had a chance encounter years ago in Germany that led to each having the chance to drive two laps in a 918 (below) on the track in Leipzig. With the battery assist, the under 3,700-pound beast made 887 HP. After doing so, they couldn't wait for the Taycan to come along. Their perma-grins looked familiar.

I told them about my experience test-driving the R1T and said "I hope we meet again as I'd love to drive your car and let you both drive mine." They seemed pretty receptive to that idea. Then, I asked if they were looking to adopt. Crickets.....
Any comedian will tell you, "You have to know your room"

I've always felt that company's tag line was perfect:

Porsche: There is no substitute.

Well, maybe not on the road.

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 20210814_112207

Rivian R1T R1S Introductions! Drop in and say hello new and old members... 1629268144282

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Crazy! Such a small world! You’re a stones throw from me. I am by 185th and HWY 26. I would love to grab beers sometime, I’ll message you.

Ooo, you have me intrigued and excited! I will definitely block that evening out.
Great on both counts. If SeaGeo can make it down, all the better. If not, sxxn. ?

Please do message me. One other meet-and-greet with another Forumite planned for next week. My schedule's pretty flexible.

Sponsored

DocAdvocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Rivian
DocAdvocate,

Great to have you on board and I can’t wait to hear if you were able to influence the decision to go your way? Out of curiosity, which one are you hoping for? You can’t go wrong either way!

Have fun poking around here and don’t be afraid to share any proprietary information you may come across. You can trust us. It’s the people we tell you can’t trust. ?
Thanks DuckTruck for the welcome. I've been reading (and watching) about your experience at the factory, I really appreciate all the insight and information! As for the car, my partner wants the R1S because it's much more practical for our lifestyle (can't argue) but I want the R1T because I think it looks much better and it's overall much cooler. Plus I want that dang Camp Kitchen!

My partner isn't too privy to the technical aspects of the car, they're more in the marketing/communications sector so I don't have too much to share there. In fact, I think you've been in the car longer and have had more contact with RJ and the other higher-ups than they have! They have yet to even drive one but I will say that your videos have gotten us both excited!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks for that feedback, as this has been so much fun trying to give people a feel for how it went. As there's only me, the R1T just spoke to me, but I get how both vehicles have their place. That said, the Gear Tunnel and Camp Kitchen made the decision a slam dunk for me.

Of course I was kidding about sharing info, but I'm guessing your partner is enjoying the process crafting out and implementing the Marketing strategy for these unique and, I'll say it, world-class machines. I view the R1T as my personal Adventure Companion. Not a spacecraft, but my Earthcraft, my Green Origin.

OK, clearly, it's time for me to get some sleep. Honestly, I haven't felt this energized about anything in a long, long time, and sleep has been somewhat elusive.

It's great to have both of you on board! Enjoy the interaction here and join the fun when the mood strikes.

Take care and keep in touch!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
This forum and rivian stories has been amazing for getting info on the daily.
Welcome to all of the newcomers on the board. I know the trend will continue, especially once Rivians hit the roads.

@Mcfly Rivian , you gotta watch out for those Rivian Stories dudes, they're a mess! ;)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome to all of the newcomers on the board. I know the trend will continue, especially once Rivians hit the roads.

@Mcfly Rivian , you gotta watch out for those Rivian Stories dudes, they're a mess! ;)
Specifically the one named Skyler. Very untrustworthy.

The Jimmy guy is great. Very humble. Terrible sense of humor though.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The Jimmy guy is great. Very humble. Terrible sense of humor though.
You got the last part right, but he's spoiled!
Sponsored