Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

I've read, probably here, that North Carolina as a dealership law that prevents Rivian from locating there. Does South Carolina have a similar law?
NC for sure, pretty sure SC as well.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Just went to look up what happened. The mayor supported while 6 trustees voted against, even after the zoning committee recommended. There's a little irony that they voted against a service facility for an electric vehicle company in large part because they feared that if Rivian moved out, a gas car service facility might move in.
I just hope they are already into plan B solution whatever that is.

Hercules10

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Rivian needs one in San Antonio. There is a vacated Porsche dealership they should move into. I'ts in a central location and only a few mile from my home!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Rivian needs one in San Antonio. There is a vacated Porsche dealership they should move into. I'ts in a central location and only a few mile from my home!
I drive by that Dealership on my way to and from work every day as well. My understanding is that SA is getting one next year, which likely means the location is set but I'm not sure exactly where it will be if that information is available.

Elazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
I drive by that Dealership on my way to and from work every day as well. My understanding is that SA is getting one next year, which likely means the location is set but I'm not sure exactly where it will be if that information is available.
Unfortunately the San Antonio service center is going to be near the airport… pretty far away from most Rivian owners in San Antonio most likely live… but I’m still happy not having to drive to Austin so frequently.

https://communityimpact.com/san-ant...r-rivian-to-build-san-antonio-service-center/

Sponsored

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Heard target opening date of August 24. Drove past the other day. Maybe it’s possible? Looked like they were still clearing out the old structure and grading the land?

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Unfortunately the San Antonio service center is going to be near the airport… pretty far away from most Rivian owners in San Antonio most likely live… but I’m still happy not having to drive to Austin so frequently.

https://communityimpact.com/san-ant...r-rivian-to-build-san-antonio-service-center/
Its not a bad location. Near the tesla service center. Though dont love the round about under 410 to get onto the street. Its a bit tight with traffic at the street corner.

But close to 410 and 281. Not far from I-10.
not as close to 35 though

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

If there's anything nice about the airport area, it is near the middle of the metro. I'm up on the edge of hill country outside 1604 so it's not close, but its somewhat close to work at least. I don't love the maze of roads around 281 and 410 though.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I live in Pasadena and didn’t get invited to the opening! But did to the movie theatre. Rivian gonna Rivian. Store looks cool literally no reason to go tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Drove past the Pasadena location tonight. I was going to honk and offer test rides, lol. It's right next to Tesla haha.

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
Heard target opening date of August 24. Drove past the other day. Maybe it’s possible? Looked like they were still clearing out the old structure and grading the land?
I drove by today and took a picture (attached). It looks like they have completed the subgrade fill for the foundation. August 2024 seems about right.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 20231211_113858

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Rivian's map on their website still has it listed as coming soon, but I have an appointment in a couple of days at the Groveport(Columbus) OH service center. Address is 5740 Green Pointe Drive North, Groveport, OH.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I drove by today and took a picture (attached). It looks like they have completed the subgrade fill for the foundation. August 2024 seems about right.

20231211_113858.jpg
Is that your easy chair to sit in and watch it being built? :CWL:

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN

20231211_113858.jpg
Seems odd to have some of the furniture delivered before the foundation is even poured, but guess you take what you can get in today's supply chain world. :CWL:
Sponsored