Sponsored

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
I'll say this and realize it's a first world problem and in the bigger scope of things it does not matter....

a few weeks ago I called Rivian and asked what combination of features / colors would get me the truck sooner to which they answered that a guide will contact me and be able to answer that for me.

However it now seems that your place in line did not matter for contact so that you could make that change if you wanted.

They also said that 2018 pre-order holders would get priority over anyone else, so that would mean anyone that ordered in 11/2018 or 12/2018. That made sense, I gave my deposit beginning of December 2018

And people are getting contacted with 2019 deposits.

While in the grand scheme of things it does not matter, but I do not like how they are handling the first contacts. Feels like the people that believed and gave them $1k the earliest do not get any benefit.

.... and I know, if I don't like it I can get my deposit back...

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
They also said that 2018 pre-order holders would get priority over anyone else, so that would mean anyone that ordered in 11/2018 or 12/2018. That made sense, I gave my deposit beginning of December 2018
Unfortunately for you, they gave each guide a list of people to contact.

You're guide played hooky to have a long weekend. ;)

Hope you get your contact Tuesday!

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
Unfortunately for you, they gave each guide a list of people to contact.

You're guide played hooky to have a long weekend. ;)

Hope you get your contact Tuesday!
That would be funny if it was true!

Honestly, for me, a few weeks or months is not a huge deal. I'd like the idea of being the first to have one where I live but that's not really the end all be all.

I just really don't like how Rivian is changing what they said within a few weeks. I just feel it isn't good etiquette. But I am sure it is for reasons we will never really know.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I'm extremely biased, but is anyone else surprised that the Washington area was first to get contacted?

The state just seems so un-Rivian friendly. No direct sales, etc. Yet it's one of the first to get a service center and first theoretically to get deliveries.

Wheras other states have gone out of there way to support Rivian. Take Colorado as an example (ahem). Just passed legislation earlier this to embrace EV direct sales. Agreed to be the first installation of a RAN station. Agreed to put chargers at every state park. Has a retail center under construction. Is probably as close as possible to the "adventure" vibe they're targeting, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for those getting contacted. I have too many outstanding questions to finalize my order anyway. Am I jealous? Absolutely.

So am I the only one surprised by the choice of Washington to start? Just seems like such an odd choice.

What do you all think was the rationale?

I think a major factor has to be Amazon's presence here in the PNW. That's clearly going to require substantial infrastructure (service centers, RAN stations, etc). So, in my mind I'm guessing that's a factor.

Sponsored

hamberderz

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (2020), Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (2019)
I think a major factor has to be Amazon's presence here in the PNW. That's clearly going to require substantial infrastructure (service centers, RAN stations, etc). So, in my mind I'm guessing that's a factor.
Sure but I’m in Bellevue with 11/2018 order and no contact so there are other things at play here.

Doublemfarms

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-250,GMC Yukon XL Denali
So I’m a 2/19 order date range with a LE R1T but.......I live in Northeast Louisiana. The closest possible service center to me will likely be in Dallas Tx which is 4.5 hrs away. I honestly don’t care when I get the truck as it’s just a toy I’m buying because it seems fun but none the less this will be interesting to watch how they handle a relatively early pre order but the location is absolutely terrible. I too am excited for those that are going to get them soon and I’m looking forward to the reviews.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
So I’m a 2/19 order date range with a LE R1T but.......I live in Northeast Louisiana. The closest possible service center to me will likely be in Dallas Tx which is 4.5 hrs away. I honestly don’t care when I get the truck as it’s just a toy I’m buying because it seems fun but none the less this will be interesting to watch how they handle a relatively early pre order but the location is absolutely terrible. I too am excited for those that are going to get them soon and I’m looking forward to the reviews.
I feel your pain. I’m in Knoxville, TN with a 12/18 order date. Hoping to have my R1T by September. Much later and I’ll be disappointed but I realize in the big scheme of things it’s not a problem. Happy for those getting contacted and can’t wait to see the vehicles and learn more!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

WASHINGTON FOLKS! How will we be able to take delivery, since WA has banned direct consumer sales in this state?? If you don't know, be sure to ask your guides and fill us in. Thanks!
Should they set up Washington deliveries to take place in Portland, I'd be more than happy to drive each and every Rivian to my Evergreen State friends. Luckily for all of you, I know a few shortcuts. Seattle is easiest by going around the Olympic Peninsula. From Portland to the Spokane area, it's easiest by going through Sand Point and dropping in from the North.

I'll even make sure that the windows are cleaned and the gas tank is full upon arrival!

It's 3:55 in the morning! Creating these kinds of philanthropic ventures excites me and keeps me from sleeping most nights! o_O
Sponsored