Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Just registered and wanted to report in what I'm looking to do. I just took delivery on 2/4 and really enjoy the truck. I'm actually looking at the Nokian Tyres One HT all season tire. It has a higher load rating than the stock ATs and is the same exact size. Discount Tire is going to call me back on availability, but I'm going to seriously consider these for some more comfort and range.
Any update to share? Curious on range and comfort. Thanks.
Sponsored

caiudalmau

First Name
Carles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2023
Have you already gone to your appointment?

I am just curious what are they said
have an upcoming appointment at the service center and Rivian has indicated that they will calibrate my speedometer to the new Scorpion AS tire size. We will see what happens but it seems possible they are willing to do the speedo adjustment.
I am picking up my car Thursday in Orlando. I am debating if I should pull the trigger and change to the Scorpion tires right away and sell the 20 AT tires like new. I am trying to see if Orlando will change my calibration with the 20s still on as if I had the 21s, that would save me a trip. I am doing a couple of long trips this summer and I think having extra range would be great. I also think I should be able to sell those tires for almost the same as it will cost me to replace to the new ones.

What is your opinion JJE? Are you still happy with your decision? Where you able to sell your other tires right away?

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
I am picking up my car Thursday in Orlando. I am debating if I should pull the trigger and change to the Scorpion tires right away and sell the 20 AT tires like new. I am trying to see if Orlando will change my calibration with the 20s still on as if I had the 21s, that would save me a trip. I am doing a couple of long trips this summer and I think having extra range would be great. I also think I should be able to sell those tires for almost the same as it will cost me to replace to the new ones.

What is your opinion JJE? Are you still happy with your decision? Where you able to sell your other tires right away?
I'm in a similar situation debating on doing this. Please do update with what you end up doing. That will be great if they will calibrate it for 21s (33") right away.

caiudalmau

First Name
Carles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2023
I'm in a similar situation debating on doing this. Please do update with what you end up doing. That will be great if they will calibrate it for 21s (33") right away.
I already ordered the tires at my Mavis tire and scheduled to change them next week. I actually got Walmart pricing since they have a price match. I will try to sell the AT at around 1200. They cost like 1600 + taxes. Or just keep them I am not sure. But I will try to push to get my car reconfigured for that size or schedule something to do it afterwards

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I already ordered the tires at my Mavis tire and scheduled to change them next week. I actually got Walmart pricing since they have a price match. I will try to sell the AT at around 1200. They cost like 1600 + taxes. Or just keep them I am not sure. But I will try to push to get my car reconfigured for that size or schedule something to do it afterwards
What part of FL? đź‘€

KimBrennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
70K mile tires, at nearly the same rolling diameter as the 21" wheel/tire. Seems like a good choice. Treadwear expectation is supposedly about 33% better too. We shall be interested to see how your experiment turns out.

OP
OP

JJE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LG, Chevy Bolt
In the end, RIvian refused to calibrate. However, in practice, the 3% difference is not really noticeable. I have been consistently getting 2.7 and up kw/m on the highway, adjusted for the size difference, with these tires.

Sponsored

caiudalmau

First Name
Carles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2023
K mile tires, at nearly the same rolling diameter as the 21" wheel/tire. Seems like a good choice. Treadwear expectation is supposedly about 33% better too. We shall be interested to see how your experiment turns ou
In the end, RIvian refused to calibrate. However, in practice, the 3% difference is not really noticeable. I have been consistently getting 2.7 and up kw/m on the highway, adjusted for the size difference, with these tires.
That's my thought, More inconvenience than any real problem and maybe the only issue if any is that the mileage of the car is also not going to be accurate, we will have a 3% more miles than the car really has for resale value.

I am glad to hear that everything is working out for you. Where you able to sell your original tires?

OP
OP

JJE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LG, Chevy Bolt
That's my thought, More inconvenience than any real problem and maybe the only issue if any is that the mileage of the car is also not going to be accurate, we will have a 3% more miles than the car really has for resale value.

I am glad to hear that everything is working out for you. Where you able to sell your original tires?
I haven't had time to sell yet - will need to do so soon to avoid marital counseling. Big tires taking up lots of space in the garage.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I have been consistently getting 2.7 and up kw/m
Assume you mean mi/kWh and also, bananas. I get 2.13 on the oe 21’s.

caiudalmau

First Name
Carles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2023
I might do a "Controlled" experiment next week before switching tires. I will do a round trip of 50-100 miles with the 20 ATs and then the same circuit with the Pirellis AS and compare results. Will mix some highway and city driving and try to do it the next day at the same time. Will record results and see
Sponsored