Sponsored

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I hope nobody ever puts sunglasses on that dash. One quick stop and they'll be stuck out of reach forever.
Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

It’s supposed to be finished product and there’s random wires hanging down from the control panel. Ready to buy this fall my ass I have yet to see one of these trucks actually finished. At this stage most major auto blogs had reviews out of the Rivian and it made a cross country trip already
IMG_1439.jpeg
Come on man....everyone knows that is where the "Flux Capacitor" gets installed......LOLOL

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I was thinking more of a Yugo.
I was getting at the configuration and view from the driver’s seat more than the quality, but I know what you mean.
Rivian R1T R1S Leaked photos of CyberTruck Interior IMG_0065

Rivian R1T R1S Leaked photos of CyberTruck Interior IMG_0066

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
So realize how 'plain' the Tesla Model Y is and Q1 2023 it was the top best selling vehicles.
Clearly, people are OK with a little simpler interior.

Admittedly, I'd like more and really would like an instrument cluster (aka drivers display).

I also realized people use trucks for multiple purposes (work, camping, etc) and many may want more.

Rivian R1T R1S Leaked photos of CyberTruck Interior burlappcar-tesla-3

Link below: https://www.motor1.com/news/669135/tesla-model-y-worlds-best-selling-car-q1-2023/
Rivian R1T R1S Leaked photos of CyberTruck Interior IAr8PFb

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zoidz

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
So realize how 'plain' the Tesla Model Y is and Q1 2023 it was the top best selling vehicles.

Admittedly, I'd like more and really would like an instrument cluster (aka drivers display).

I also realized people use trucks for multiple purposes (work, camping, etc) and many may want more.

burlappcar-tesla-3.jpg

Link below: https://www.motor1.com/news/669135/tesla-model-y-worlds-best-selling-car-q1-2023/
IAr8PFb.jpg
Kudos to Tesla for achieving this distinction. It’s pretty significant to see a US manufacturer at the top of car sales. On the other hand, the other top 4 are pretty boring, uninspiring vehicles overall.

cdub

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf 2011
Occupation
Editor

burlappcar-tesla-3.jpg

IAr8PFb.jpg
But the model 3 y is gorgeous with the wood and simplicity compared to that abomination

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark

burlappcar-tesla-3.jpg

IAr8PFb.jpg
It also has a very distinct comparative advantage when it comes to sales compared to those. It's basically the only mass produced ELECTRIC vehicle in it's class. Want an electric crossover sized vehicle? .. Model Y is one of the very few options out there. The other ones just aren't mass produced yet (Mach E, iPace etc).

Cybertruck wont have that advantage.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

I'd be ok if it were just about the minimalism, for me it's all the exterior. The only thing I like about the exterior is the built-in tonneau, I hate everything else. It looks like a prop from a bad 90's sci-fi.

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
That storage area retractable tonneau cover is going to jam

Sponsored

Rad_ry

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
I rented a Peugot station wagon/bubble car thing back in France a few years ago and the windscreen was out from the dash and I found it very disorientating to drive. I said to the rental agency I can't drive this thing on narrow French streets! This CT image is giving me flashbacks :(

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Tesla has take the Cybertruck minimalist interior to the extreme:
-steering wheel
-15” display
-accelerator pedal
-brake pedal

Not a stalk or HUD in sight. Tesla is betting on FSD to become a reality where the occupants are transported around autonomously.

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer