Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Are the cars showing up in the shop configurations from cancelled reservations or is separate line of production? I would think that Rivian is 100% focused on producing and delivering to reservation holders.
It is odd. It is pretty much a full day's production. 50,000/365/2 = 68 R1S built each day.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I have been following this thread but please forgive my question if it appears dumb.
The big release above, is likely limited to a local market or do all clinets who have store access see all these cars? I have been contacted by my guide who has promised they would be keeping an eye open for my configuration and am wondering whether I should request access myself as some of these get snagged pretty quickly. In fact my exact configuration is above with FG/OC 21 inch wheel for better range....
Ask for direct shop access.

The vast majority, if not all of those, are in Normal and should be available to everyone with shop access.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I have been following this thread but please forgive my question if it appears dumb.
The big release above, is likely limited to a local market or do all clinets who have store access see all these cars? I have been contacted by my guide who has promised they would be keeping an eye open for my configuration and am wondering whether I should request access myself as some of these get snagged pretty quickly. In fact my exact configuration is above with FG/OC 21 inch wheel for better range....
Most of that is probably in Normal so everyone can see. They eventually do go to the SCs and then it only shows up locally. Guides have to manually look and they have lots of customers.

Yeah what sub said šŸ˜€

Last edited:

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
@Neuneleven also you can ask your guide to check the shop and see if they can snag it for you.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683841620504

MY Precious locked in!
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683841519482

Sponsored

athlon64x2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Audi S4
Clubs

R1Serenity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Doctor
I'm super excited like the others that have picked one up from the shop. There were > 60 vehicles added today.

I requested access (AGAIN) yesterday through the chat, November 2021 pre-order, about 5 miles from the service center. I asked about a month ago but was declined. Customer Service rep put in a request, I logged in today and there it was!

No cars around 3pm and then at 5pm they dropped a bunch.

Picked up PN89xx, R1S LE, Forest Green, Forest Edge, RUS, 20 inch AT! So very thrilled, it's very close to what we ordered and figured all the talk about reduced road noise and future ability to add AS 20 inch tires that increase the range was worth the 3950 for the all terrain upgrade. Here's to completing 8 steps soon! :)

Sponsored

coaster206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pathfinder
Occupation
Business
I canā€™t believe they added a $3,950 up charge for ā€œAll Terrainā€ package for R1S Shop vehicles including Launch Editionā€¦ another way to get folks to jump the line by paying more. Still waiting on my LE to be made from 6/20 reservationā€¦

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
Congrats to all getting their R1S from today's batch. I'm on Chat to try for third time to get R1Shop Access & I'm currently #49th in que, 1 hour wait... :cool:

Update: Same cut-n-paste reply as 1st chat last month. Morgan did state she'll add a comment to my notes that I'm flexable... :(

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I canā€™t believe they added a $3,950 up charge for ā€œAll Terrainā€ package for R1S Shop vehicles including Launch Editionā€¦ another way to get folks to jump the line by paying more. Still waiting on my LE to be made from 6/20 reservationā€¦
Exactly, Iā€™ll wait till September for my configuration instead of getting their $3,950 package.

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I'm super excited like the others that have picked one up from the shop. There were > 60 vehicles added today.

I requested access (AGAIN) yesterday through the chat, November 2021 pre-order, about 5 miles from the service center. I asked about a month ago but was declined. Customer Service rep put in a request, I logged in today and there it was!

No cars around 3pm and then at 5pm they dropped a bunch.

Picked up PN89xx, R1S LE, Forest Green, Forest Edge, RUS, 20 inch AT! So very thrilled, it's very close to what we ordered and figured all the talk about reduced road noise and future ability to add AS 20 inch tires that increase the range was worth the 3950 for the all terrain upgrade. Here's to completing 8 steps soon! :)
You requested access to the shop thru the chat? Do you have a guide? I am the same pre order date 11/21 and no guide. I see configurations I would take in a heartbeat from what was screenshotted today. I may try to ask thru the chat as well.

WestRivian7000

First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
NONE
Clubs

I think that is the reason we see a bunch show up on the shop. Rivian probably figured out that they have a higher chance of closing/completing the sale via the shop with a upcharge.
Sponsored