Sponsored

Ontario Service Centre Location

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
When did you reserve yours? I thought no Ontario deliveries till next year but will be great if they start this year.
I reserved in September 2019.
Not holding my breathe that deliveries will actually happen this year.
Sponsored

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

I did mine Nov 2021 so almost 2 years after you and I have a Apr-June 2024 so I sure hope you get yours this year so they can stay on track to deliver mine next year :)

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Until the Vaughan service centre is up and running by end of summer or latest early fall and vehicles are being shipped there, I donā€™t expect deliveries happening this year.

They might screech pass and do a few token delieveries to show they have delivered.

Vivian

First Name
Vivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
HVAC
Clubs

The family and I were in the area yesterday and went by the Service Centre location on Weston Road.

They had one framed wall up and a concrete floor poured for the service area. There was no one visibly working at 11am on a Monday. Not a great sign in my opinion.

My refreshed time frame is still Oct-Dec of this year, letā€™s see how that goes.
Thatā€™s a good sign! From what Iā€™ve seen in BC and California, Rivian goes with the minimalist look for their Service Centres, so we should definitely see a working SC this Fall, my estimated delivery is still Oct-Dec 2023 and I even changed the config without any date change. šŸ¤ž

Vivian

First Name
Vivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
HVAC
Clubs

Until the Vaughan service centre is up and running by end of summer or latest early fall and vehicles are being shipped there, I donā€™t expect deliveries happening this year.

They might screech pass and do a few token delieveries to show they have delivered.
You may be correct. Rivian did same for BC deliveries with spurts in November/December of ā€˜22 and now the vehicles are coming in by the train loadā€¦literally

Sponsored

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra 2500, 2012 Chevy Volt.
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

I did mine Nov 2021 so almost 2 years after you and I have a Apr-June 2024 so I sure hope you get yours this year so they can stay on track to deliver mine next year :)
Hi, upon reading you had a Nov 2021 reservation, and that you have an actual delivery window, I was wondering when did you get that delivery window, and where do you live?

I'm a "processing estimation" who ordered a month after you (Dec 2021.)

Thanks

GRC

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
still figuring it out
Clubs

Got the delivery window update in April... previously it was Jan-june 2024 and now updated to Apr-Jun 2024...I am in Durham east end of Toronto. Could be config related and maybe they are doing one month at a time so dec 2021 orders may get updated next go around which I think is around end of summer (Aug)

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Sierra 2500, 2012 Chevy Volt.
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Got the delivery window update in April... previously it was Jan-june 2024 and now updated to Apr-Jun 2024...I am in Durham east end of Toronto. Could be config related and maybe they are doing one month at a time so dec 2021 orders may get updated next go around which I think is around end of summer (Aug)
Thanks for the info. You essentially confirm that my "processing estimate" status is due to the fact that I live up North, say 900 km north of TO. Otherwise, I should have had received a delivery window by now.

Since our preorder dates are so close each other, I'll keep an eye on how your status evolves over the next year. Please don't think I'm a creep!

Geocvl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I was in the area so I stopped by the service centre at 8311 Weston Rd yesterday. There was no obvious signs of progress and there was nobody there working.

Wolffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS SVR
I asked Customer Service yesterday when I could expect to get a test drive in Ontario. The person said it was contingent on the Service Centre being open first and that will happen end of the year or early 2024. They certainly are in no rush opening the Service Centre.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Rivian is just doing some token deliveries in BC for the sake of saying they are doing deliveries in Canada. Even those deliveries have dried out since the last quarter push.

I don't expect Canada as a whole is a top priority for them. right now.

I would guess they are focused on a Europe launch and would not be surprised if they make an announcement in Fall about 'aggressive' expansion plans for European/Scandinavian countries.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I had to mute the Rivian Owners Club Canada Facebook page. Too painful seeing all these B.C. people with orders after me getting their trucks.

Haulin Oats

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Adventure
I had to mute the Rivian Owners Club Canada Facebook page. Too painful seeing all these B.C. people with orders after me getting their trucks.
you can unmute it now. No one is really posting after getting their vehicles anymore. it's been pretty quiet as of late.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
you can unmute it now. No one is really posting after getting their vehicles anymore. it's been pretty quiet as of late.
That's unfortunate that things have slowed to a crawl. Meanwhile, they are advertising in the States "get your truck in two weeks!"

Haulin Oats

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Adventure
That's unfortunate that things have slowed to a crawl. Meanwhile, they are advertising in the States "get your truck in two weeks!"
It hasnā€™t slowed that much. lots of people have their vehicles now, so not posting on FB as much as they are out driving!
Sponsored