Sponsored

sandsk8erz400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Did you have Rivian reflash the car for those 34" tall tires? Or do they work fine without any reflash?

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
Michelins are great tires but look like poop with that gigantic sidewall.

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
That’s a great tire, but pretty heavy. TireRack has it listed at 53 lbs. Just curious how that will impact range.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Michelins are great tires but look like poop with that gigantic sidewall.
Funny, same size and dimensions as OEM 20s, but no tread on shoulder does change the look a bit as does no 'dressing' on the rubber.

I'd like details after1k miles like range impact, sound, wear (after 5 or 10k miles)...

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Would love to see a better picture of the whole truck in AP mode, those are a great tire and I bet you see increased range due to lower rolling resistance. These came stock on several Land Cruisers I’ve owned, they wear really well and will last much longer than the stock Pirellis. Did you consider the A/T2s as well?

Sponsored

OP
OP

basedRNC

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Would love to see a better picture of the whole truck in AP mode, those are a great tire and I bet you see increased range due to lower rolling resistance. These came stock on several Land Cruisers I’ve owned, they wear really well and will last much longer than the stock Pirellis. Did you consider the A/T2s as well?
briefly considered AT tires. Decided against since I only off-road on random/spontaneous occasion and did not want to sac the range, so decided to go for AS tires instead.

Did you have Rivian reflash the car for those 34" tall tires? Or do they work fine without any reflash?
i believe a reflash is needed for range calc/speedo. tpms works fine (so far) so long as you swap from the old wheels or install a new set.

Cool, curious to find out more info on performance. Do these tires match the weight and speed ratings of oem 20” tires?
no, unfortunately the speed rating is slightly less. i don't remember the exact numbers but iirc they are around ~10% lower than the stock pirellis.

Last edited:
OP
OP

basedRNC

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Funny, same size and dimensions as OEM 20s, but no tread on shoulder does change the look a bit as does no 'dressing' on the rubber.
yea this is definitely a tradeoff between looks and performance. AT tires look 👌🏽

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Interested to hear your findings. I was also looking at Defenders, or maybe the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3. The stock tires don't seem to have good tread life, and I don't want to be having to change tires out every 12-18 months (~25,000 mile a year with commute and recreation).
Sponsored