Sponsored

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Concept or not, there are lots of useful features embedded in the truck. Some of those features will definitely will show up in the production version.
The ability to haul 18 foot objects is a cool feature...

Electric Ram 1500 Revolution Concept Hauls 18-Foot Objects Without a Trailer
The cab is open at the front and rear, allowing very long, very skinny items to essentially pass through the entire truck.

Rivian R1T R1S 2024 Ram 1500 Revolution EV Pickup Truck Concept Officially Revealed ⚡️🐏 CN023_039RM

Rivian R1T R1S 2024 Ram 1500 Revolution EV Pickup Truck Concept Officially Revealed ⚡️🐏 CN023_038RM
Sponsored

Thud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Damn that thing has a lot of moving parts.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I’m not a truck person. But I like the R1T because it doesn’t act as a pure truck while providing a lot of utility and function when I need carrying capacity. I also love the idea of a gear tunnel, which seems unique to Rivian now.

The ram concept feels bloated, both literally and figuratively. Perhaps it’ll beat everyone with its specs, but that seems unlikely.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I expect it to cost….

Rivian R1T R1S 2024 Ram 1500 Revolution EV Pickup Truck Concept Officially Revealed ⚡️🐏 096BB075-FBBE-43D5-A725-1808CAFB6B20

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
They definitely took some cues from rivian with the innovation, just upped it to the max if some of that stuff actually makes it to production. Great looking vehicle.

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
It’s a nice looking truck.

But as the former owner of a Honda Element, I will say those suicide doors are a f#cking nightmare when trying to load or unload with anything next to your vehicle. :headbang:
Have an i3 - can confirm.

Suicide doors are awesome if you never park near anyone or anything else. But here, on Earth, where that is nearly impossible, they are useless.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

If they actually make this, it's absolutely incredible! Great job Dodge!!!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Have an i3 - can confirm.

Suicide doors are awesome if you never park near anyone or anything else. But here, on Earth, where that is nearly impossible, they are useless.
With the Element you would have both open to grab whatever it was you needed from behind the drivers seat. Then, to get out of the door trap you were standing in you would slightly close the front door to walk out of there only for the rear door to close on the front door, probably denting it in the process. Eventually I just used the rear hatch for everything🤦🏼‍♂️

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It looks very cool. I think I would take a hard look at this if the retail version is anywhere close to what they show here.

Sponsored

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Wow! Pretty dang impressive! If 50% of it makes it to production, still very cool!
Oh! And Shadow Mode- come on, Rivian! What's stopping you!?

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I'm a huge fan of RAM. My 1500 Limited was nicer than the R1T in many ways but I'd still pick the Rivian at this point. All the CGI and concept vehicle stuff is not disappointing, sort of expected at this early stage and I think it is a fine way to introduce ideas and direction. I'll preorder one and we'll see what happens!

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
100% concept vehicle.
flashes of drawings, glimpses of headlights, hands rubbing a big clay block, designers talking aspiration points...
I'm sure there will be a RAM EV someday, but this is not what it's going to look like, function as, and it will be a long time until we see a real RAM EV release date.
I look forward to seeing them release something, but not interested in a concept glamour shot.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

With the Element you would have both open to grab whatever it was you needed from behind the drivers seat. Then, to get out of the door trap you were standing in you would slightly close the front door to walk out of there only for the rear door to close on the front door, probably denting it in the process. Eventually I just used the rear hatch for everything🤦🏼‍♂️
Haha oh man I loved my elements but those doors drove me crazy. I thought it was hilarious to have to unbuckle your seatbelt to get the rear passenger out of the car. Every new person who rode in it would shut those doors in the wrong order making a terrible noise.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
No range extender?
I thought that was the whole idea from RAM; could they be keeping it quiet till they're ready?
I think a big dual motor BEV with a REX is the solution for pickups.

Frunk, doors, pass-thru, bed, tailgate, a lot of detail and pick-up design experience.
All–wheel steering is something Ford needs to add.
I guess we wait and see more about the EValanche. Then it's just a game of kWh and mi/kWh for bragging "best in class" range.

With 1MV and 1MW, Tesla will have the efficiency, range and charging. Unless RAM stuffs in 250kWh.

It's also a competition to see which EV pickup is less fugly … the RAM or the Clustertruck …
Sponsored