Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Southern border is too narrow for Idaho. Looks more like Delaware to me.
Ah, I think you've got it! I couldn't think of another state shaped even close, but you're the winner.
Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 28B4F305-273F-4819-B931-BB237AF769C4
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 9038C8BB-0C1D-4F8C-BC23-6C710C21DB77
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 21189032-B7AF-40FD-8C0A-E4E4A8331B8A

From the Georgia Capital building yesterday...
Trying to get HB460 passed so Rivian (and other electric vehicle manufacturers) can sell directly to consumer. Tesla is the only manufacturer allowed to in GA, currently.

@TeslaAtlanta

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Is it me, or isn't everything back there just too thick? the pillars are huge, the frame around the hatch, the arm rests are too. The sunroof seems thin as well. Proportions are way off. Seems like it could easily have 3 seats back there if they cut down on the thickness of everything side to side. it also greatly reduces cargo room. hopefully it's been changed for the better. I've got 2 minivans set up way better. Or maybe this is wide angle lens distortion?
Thickness of the pillars could be by design in case of a roll over. Remember that most of the weight is at the bottom of the vehicle because of the batteries. I am not an engineer but that is where my logic went. These are fast vehicles and I would rather have a safe and quality vehicle.

Sponsored

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

28B4F305-273F-4819-B931-BB237AF769C4.jpeg
9038C8BB-0C1D-4F8C-BC23-6C710C21DB77.jpeg
21189032-B7AF-40FD-8C0A-E4E4A8331B8A.jpeg

From the Georgia Capital building yesterday...
Trying to get HB460 passed so Rivian (and other electric vehicle manufacturers) can sell directly to consumer. Tesla is the only manufacturer allowed to in GA, currently.

@TeslaAtlanta
The more FG I see the more I think I may switch. I'll keep waiting but that green is so nice. I can't see how Launch Green is going to be nicer.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
The more FG I see the more I think I may switch. I'll keep waiting but that green is so nice. I can't see how Launch Green is going to be nicer.
What I like about FG is on a cloudy day like that it looks like deep green, but on a sunny day it brightens up nicely. I am worried LG will look like mud in some conditions. I am a nut when it comes to colors. I went with Rivian Blue and am worried, under certain conditions, I will be driving a tiffany's box around.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
What I like about FG is on a cloudy day like that it looks like deep green, but on a sunny day it brightens up nicely. I am worried LG will look like mud in some conditions. I am a nut when it comes to colors. I went with Rivian Blue and am worried, under certain conditions, I will be driving a tiffany's box around.
I switched from Launch Green to Forest Green back to LG, back to FG. The last switch was after seeing the Georgia pics and vid.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I switched from Launch Green to Forest Green back to LG, back to FG. The last switch was after seeing the Georgia pics and vid.
I'm not a green guy, but I think I would go Launch Green...I think it will look tough.

I do love Forest Green on the R1T though, and think it is the more "classy" looking green.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I don't tweet or igram, but I do wish RJ got avalanched with social media requests to reveal the real Launch Green paint scheme. They can't still be formulating it. What could possibly be a downside to a public reveal at this point? o_O

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I don't tweet or igram, but I do wish RJ got avalanched with social media requests to reveal the real Launch Green paint scheme. They can't still be formulating it. What could possibly be a downside to a public reveal at this point? o_O
The more people they can keep distracted with what LG is supposed to look like, the less people there are to ask the more important questions ;)

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I wish they would just make Forest Green the special Launch Edition color. Not that I don't want it to be available on regular production models, but they've been showcasing it for so long that it deserves a special distinction. They can make a different color green (like perhaps the color intended to be Launch Green) the general production green.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
The more people they can keep distracted with what LG is supposed to look like, the less people there are to ask the more important questions ;)
Exactly... Like warranty. Anyone think factory warranty coverage might be nice to know for LE customers that plan on adventuring with a brand new $75K contraption this summer.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Exactly... Like warranty. Anyone think factory warranty coverage might be nice to know for LE customers that plan on adventuring with a brand new $75K contraption this summer.
Unless they go away from the industry norms (unlikely):
3 yr/36K bumper to bumper (possibly 4/50K)
Powertrain 5/50-60K
Battery 8/100K (with 70% capacity for degradation)

I can't see them offering a shoddy warranty that would make customers cancel. Knowing before finalizing an order is crucial. Until then it concerns me not at all.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Have any of the wild sightings been LG? I haven't seen them.
Sponsored