Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

krikiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 CTS-V Wagon 6MT, 22 R1T, 22 R1S
Congrats!

I am still waiting. Hopefully I get a guide soon.

Now my biggest concern is the railway strike potential. I would assume that will impact deliveries if the strike happens.
YMMV, but I haven't found having a guide to be very useful or any indication of progress. I have one because I already have an R1T, but he was worthless in that transaction and hasn't been useful at all when it comes to information on my R1S order. You're much better off just waiting for the system generated email saying "it's time to confirm your configuration". Then you'll know it's go-time.
Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
YMMV, but I haven't found having a guide to be very useful or any indication of progress. I have one because I already have an R1T, but he was worthless in that transaction and hasn't been useful at all when it comes to information on my R1S order. You're much better off just waiting for the system generated email saying "it's time to confirm your configuration". Then you'll know it's go-time.
My Guide has also been useless, since April 2022. Might as well be a 'bot'. Though bots are more responsive.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
So after 4 years of waiting, switching from a R1T to an R1S, canceling then reinstating my order, enduring months of no communication and numerous delays, the day has finally come. I received my email today that my R1S is ready and its time to schedule delivery! Can not believe it! Of course I am not home to receive so it will have to wait a little longer...

Pre order Date 12/2018
Location- Orlando, Fl
Delivery window- Oct-Dec
Guide assigned- April 22'
Specs- R1S LE, GW, Mountain Black, 20" AT's along with a with accessory items

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My Guide has also been useless, since April 2022. Might as well be a 'bot'. Though bots are more responsive.
In fairness to the guides, they're presumably very busy and only meant to be useful to you once you have entered the production queue.

"Every Rivian preorder holder will be paired with a dedicated Rivian Guide who will serve as your single point of contact from the moment your vehicle enters our production queue, for as long as you own your Rivian.

Whatever questions may arise, simply call, text or email your Guide. You will have their direct email address and phone number, so reaching out is easy. Your Guide will be the one person you contact for whatever you need."

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I posted in another forum, but I reached out to my Guide and asked a direct question: "Will I take delivery of my R1S in 2022 within my window of Oct.-Dec." The answer was "Yes." I have renewed hope.
I haven't closely followed R1T deliveries but based on what I am seeing recently with both R1T and R1S, I think LE OC is not too far out for most people. For some, unfortunately it takes forever to get contact, but for most my guess is R1S LE OC will be delivered much before EOY. Big question for folks like me is 'when are non LEs coming out?, are we going to get ours in 2022? 🤞 '.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I haven't closely followed R1T deliveries but based on what I am seeing recently with both R1T and R1S, I think LE OC is not too far out for most people. For some, unfortunately it takes forever to get contact, but for most my guess is R1S LE OC will be delivered much before EOY. Big question for folks like me is 'when are non LEs coming out?, are we going to get ours in 2022? 🤞 '.
That's the million dollar question.

My gut tell me they start building some non-LE R1S before EOY. Slightly better margins since the 22s aren't included for free.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Looks like the railway strike was avoided! Phew!
When I was reading posts about a potential updated timeline from Rivian to all reservation holders, all I could think of is the hate mail they are going to get when that email isn't released because the RR strike just made forecasts go into the trash.

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
So after 4 years of waiting, switching from a R1T to an R1S, canceling then reinstating my order, enduring months of no communication and numerous delays, the day has finally come. I received my email today that my R1S is ready and its time to schedule delivery! Can not believe it! Of course I am not home to receive so it will have to wait a little longer...

Pre order Date 12/2018
Location- Orlando, Fl
Delivery window- Oct-Dec
Guide assigned- April 22'
Specs- R1S LE, GW, Mountain Black, 20" AT's along with a with accessory items
Amazing! Great to hear. Underbody shield option as well? similar timeline but no updates from my guide. Really itching to learn more as I had a unicorn event and saw 2 in the course of a few minutes here in the bay area. Tracked down one owner, non-employee, who ordered a full year after me, but still got their vehicle. Hopefully soon.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Amazing! Great to hear. Underbody shield option as well? similar timeline but no updates from my guide. Really itching to learn more as I had a unicorn event and saw 2 in the course of a few minutes here in the bay area. Tracked down one owner, non-employee, who ordered a full year after me, but still got their vehicle. Hopefully soon.
no underbody shield. Just scheduled delivery with Service center and we are set for Tuesday.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Hi Gang! Fellow R1S preorder holder with an Oct - Dec delivery window here. Hoping to see lots of updates and activity on this thread soon!

Sponsored

ElectricMTN

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Reservation - Feb 2019
Occupation
Exec
I am have a 2/2019 R1S preorder and my guide was assigned 4/2022. My current delivery window is Oct-Dec 2022 and when I recently asked my guide if there were any updates on delivery timing, she simply said she is confident it will be delivered within the current window. My configuration is LE, GW, BM interior with dark 20” AT wheels. I do not have the underbody shield and am 30 min from a service center. I’m not sure I will ever understand how deliveries are prioritized, but it is definitely strange to see so many confirmed deliveries for R1S reservations that were made much later than mine. At the end of the day, I am just happy to be somewhat early on the list and a couple more months is not long to wait in the grand scheme of delays.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
I am have a 2/2019 R1S preorder and my guide was assigned 4/2022. My current delivery window is Oct-Dec 2022 and when I recently asked my guide if there were any updates on delivery timing, she simply said she is confident it will be delivered within the current window. My configuration is LE, GW, BM interior with dark 20” AT wheels. I do not have the underbody shield and am 30 min from a service center. I’m not sure I will ever understand how deliveries are prioritized, but it is definitely strange to see so many confirmed deliveries for R1S reservations that were made much later than mine. At the end of the day, I am just happy to be somewhat early on the list and a couple more months is not long to wait in the grand scheme of delays.
I hear you. I don't have any inside info, but based on what I've observed, it seems like the people with an Aug-Sep delivery window have a RIS Launch Edition with the underbody shield. So at least some LE orders with underbody shield were moved to the front of the line, even if they pre-ordered in 2020, because of how Rivian decided to produce in batches. I've think I've seen one or two LE late 2018 pre-orders without underbody shield, but with an Oct-Dec window, say that their 8 steps recently opened up, so hopefully early 2019 pre-orders like you are next up.

ElectricMTN

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Reservation - Feb 2019
Occupation
Exec
This is good info. I dropped the underbody shield option early this past summer, so I probably made a small contribution to my delay.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

no underbody shield. Just scheduled delivery with Service center and we are set for Tuesday.
@surf how was delivery? I'm the same config as you, a couple hours north of you. Hoping for guide contact soon for my Oct-Dec window -

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
@surf how was delivery? I'm the same config as you, a couple hours north of you. Hoping for guide contact soon for my Oct-Dec window -
delivery was great! The 8 steps went according to plan and happened very fast. The guys at the SC brought it out to us and did a great walk through and test drive. The R1s is pretty awesome! Our test drive was the first time we drove it and it was a learning experience not using the brake. We are first time ev owners and I think my wife is sold on it!!

feel free to reach out if you have any questions once you get going. The guys from the SC said they are starting to get vehicles pretty regularly now. So sounds like you should be soon.
Sponsored